CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the state want him?
So DK could explain to the jury where he was the night the McStays met their fate.
Perhaps, after doing so the jury's curiosity will be satisfied, possibly deciding to not acquit CM. It would only help the PT's cause, unless, of course DK decided to take the 5th, but why would he do that, he was in Hawaii, wasn't he? Lol

So DK could explain to the jury where he was the night the McStays met their fate.
Perhaps, after doing so the jury's curiosity will be satisfied, possibly deciding to not acquit CM. It would only help the PT's cause, unless, of course DK decided to take the 5th, but why would he do that, he was in Hawaii, wasn't he? Lol

Why should he explain anything to anyone. He is not on trial here, nor has he been charged with any crime.

Ignoring that there's a check made out to Merritt the night of the 4th, several more days later and backdated, call to QB, and a truck bearing remarkable characteristics to Merritt's truck. I see.

Maybe they were in kahoots with each other as well.

I don't think anyone, the jury included, really thinks that Dan killed the McStay family. And I don't think Dan is in the business of satisfying the curiosity of any jury.
Ya, I'm kind of thinking DK cares about DK and that's pretty much it. I can almost guarantee he couldn't care less about Merritt's fate or some juror's curiosity, even IF true.

It is unproductive to post personal opinion repeatedly of the defendant. We’re near the end of a death penalty trial. As such, the only statements that can be considered by the jurors are those spoken or proven in front of the jury. It doesn't matter whether we believe the truck is a match to CM's. The experts have stated they don't match. There has also been insufficient proof that the murders occurred at the Fallbrook home. There has been no DNA connecting CM to the gravesite. There were, however, traces of 3-4 unknown and unidentified persons found on the ligatures and personal items of the victims. The list of LE investigation oversights is long, ranging from possible missed blood spatter to improperly secured evidence, the crime scene and even the gravesite.

Chase may be a criminal, a despicable man, a lousy husband or derelict father. However, none of those things or the PT evidence presented thus far in the case make him a murderer BARD. jmho

I believe the jury is smart enough to know when they're being misdirected by the defense.

I have been lurking here continually.
Cannot wait, like so many others, for a conclusion: hoping it does come.
The long trial must be so tedious for the jurors, and I would think the tactics employed by the attorneys, are now clear to these jurors, as there have been so MANY.
MOO.

It is unproductive to post personal opinion repeatedly of the defendant. We’re near the end of a death penalty trial. As such, the only statements that can be considered by the jurors are those spoken or proven in front of the jury. It doesn't matter whether we believe the truck is a match to CM's. The experts have stated they don't match. There has also been insufficient proof that the murders occurred at the Fallbrook home. There has been no DNA connecting CM to the gravesite. There were, however, traces of 3-4 unknown and unidentified persons found on the ligatures and personal items of the victims. The list of LE investigation oversights is long, ranging from possible missed blood spatter to improperly secured evidence, the crime scene and even the gravesite.

Chase may be a criminal, a despicable man, a lousy husband or derelict father. However, none of those things or the PT evidence presented thus far in the case make him a murderer BARD. jmho
You forgot to mention the laundry list of evidence against Merritt such as the check writing, forging Joey's signature, calling QB and pretending to be Joey, cell phone pings at the very site where the bodies were recovered, etc., etc.

Yes, she is definitely talking about the man she probably knows better than anyone. CM.

Her own description that CM possesses absolutely no feelings for ANYONE was not only a revealing moment, but it was chilling.

Imo

I agree oceanblueeyes.
CJ would have spent many personal moments with CM, and to come up, with such a statement, you would think CM would be annoyed.
INSTEAD, he thanks her, proud he 'doesn't care about others'.:(

What does this show?
CM does not value JM, whereas he continually has stated, how close their friendship/business relationship has been.
Hope the Prosecution stress this point, given by CJ, and CM agreeing.
MOO.

Or sense something isn't right with the defense.
I give the defense credit for strategically boxing the PT into a precarious corner. What now can the PT really do about DK? If they track him down and put him on the witness stand there’s no doubt he’ll plead the 5th, which plays directly into the DT’s contention that DK has something to hide.

If they do nothing the DT puts their PI on the stand who will imply DT has skipped town and is on the run. Hopefully, the prosecutors have learned a valuable lesson in trial strategy but somehow I kind of doubt it.

You forgot to mention the laundry list of evidence against Merritt such as the check writing, forging Joey's signature, calling QB and pretending to be Joey, cell phone pings at the very site where the bodies were recovered, etc., etc.
Exactly, and hopefully the jury will go with the facts of the evidence and not mere speculation about SODDI, IMO.

I give the defense credit for strategically boxing the PT into a precarious corner. What now can the PT really do about DK? If they track him down and put him on the witness stand there’s no doubt he’ll plead the 5th, which plays directly into the DT’s contention that DK has something to hide.

If they do nothing the DT puts their PI on the stand who will imply DT has skipped town and is on the run. Hopefully, the prosecutors have learned a valuable lesson in trial strategy but somehow I kind of doubt it.
Where is the actual evidence the jury can deliberate with that DK had anything to do with the murders and not mere pointing the finger at someone else?
This was over a year long investigation into the murders of the McStay family, and not just arresting someone for the heck of it. That is what an investigation does. There is no evidence on Kavanaugh that he had involvement in murdering the family. What other rabbit can they pull out of their hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa