CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all takes me back to how nervous and worried some were a few days into the Jodi Arias trial. Prosecutor Juan Martinez even treated his own witnesses as if they were hostile. But as information was methodically produced, the case was made. We’re only a few days in. Hang tight everyone!
Mr. Martinez is in a bit of trouble.

For those of you who have been following this case for a while, has there been any evidence yet that you were unaware of prior to the beginning of the trial? For me, I did not know about the knife being found at the grave site, nor did I know about the unknown DNA found at the gravesites. Just wondering if anyone else has been surprised by anything so far :)

Does anyone know where I can find the sideview video of the family that crossed the border? Not the one in popular circulation but the other one which I think was taken by a local business. Also, what about the Laura Ling E Investigates program, that seems to have dissappeaed off the internet as well - although an ad for Youtube TV implies you can watch it if you sign up for the service.

McMonk

Does anyone know where I can find the sideview video of the family that crossed the border? Not the one in popular circulation but the other one which I think was taken by a local business. Also, what about the Laura Ling E Investigates program, that seems to have dissappeaed off the internet as well - although an ad for Youtube TV implies you can watch it if you sign up for the service.

McMonk

The LL episode was taken down after the family were found in the desert, I think because the show focused on them being alive and even provided a witness that claimed she saw them in a shopping mall.

Law Enforcement Expert Vincent Hill Discusses the Focus on the Business Finances in McStay Trial

Jan 10, 2019

---

Judge Brandon Birmingham Discusses the Number of Objections in the McStay Family Murder Trial

Jan 10, 2019

---

Executive Trial Producer Cathy Russon Talks About the Vibe in the Courtroom

Jan 10, 2019

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense Attorney Roger Foley Discusses the Impeachment of the Tow Truck Driver in the McStay Family

Jan 10, 2019

---

Trial Attorney Anne Bremner Discusses Jury Impact of Charles Merritt's Prior Criminal History

Jan 10, 2019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who have been following this case for a while, has there been any evidence yet that you were unaware of prior to the beginning of the trial? For me, I did not know about the knife being found at the grave site, nor did I know about the unknown DNA found at the gravesites. Just wondering if anyone else has been surprised by anything so far :)

I think I remember unknown dna on a brastrap, but I could be confusing with Meredith Kercher...oh brother...I dont remember a knife but maybe it didn't stand out in context with a confession. mOO

The DNA at the gravesite was never tested against DK, and I am curious as to how the jurors will react to hearing that.

Thus far, the defense and the prosecution both seem to be weaving solid foundations for their arguments.
Where was it that you heard it was never tested? The SB Sun article posted below states the gravesite DNA has not been matched so far to DK or any other person of interest. It’s poorly worded and doesn’t clarify if it was tested and didn’t match or if it was never tested at all. It also seems to imply that it was possibly matched to someone but not a person of interest.
Defense attorney claims another business associate of Joseph McStay was complicit in killing family – San Bernardino Sun

McMonk

I think this is the one you are looking for in this news clip:

Did Missing Family Cross Border?

I also couldn't find the Laura Ling program.
E! Investigates: The Family Who Vanished (TV Movie 2011) - IMDb

Having followed this case for nine years, you can guess I'm a bit obsessed with finding justice for the remaining Mcstay family members.

I am somewhat concerned with the prosecutor's rather cocky attitude. he consistently turns his back and shuffles through papers, etc. while the judge is speaking to the attornies, or a witness is delivering a response. Could this have a negative effect on the jury?

Is court in session today? Does anyone know, or is it dark on Fridays?

I definitely don’t remember a knife being mentioned before the trial started at the grave.

I searched the main forum yesterday, I couldn't find any mention of a knife in one of the graves. I also searched google for any mentions in articles since they were found, and nothing. Other than the defense mentioning it in the OS's, that is all we have.

If it wasn't true, wouldn't the prosecution say something? misrepresenting the facts, lying, something? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes