CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me three.

People lecture about polygraphs all the time on here. I'm an attorney.
But I would take one in a heartbeat if my child was missing.

Self incrimination would not matter to me at that moment at all.

Me four. If your child is missing you do everything asked of you! And you are absolutely honest with LE about everything. Sadly I don’t think that’s the case here.

Although we can't be sure what the direct effects from the parents' appearance on DP will have on the investigation, it is clear that it has brought this thread to life again and that is an accomplishment. Now, if we can keep this thread open by following TOS and respecting one another as we sleuth, perhaps we can help find out what happened to Karlie. I can't imagine what her loved ones are going through....

It can last for several hours though. I've experienced it and been too freaked out to sleep. I didn't think anyone was going to kill me though. And I have never seen that. But see:

"Fear stimuli that we can normally cope with can become unmanageable under the effects of marijuana because our fight-or-flight response gets disrupted," says Dr. Baler. "You may not be able to keep those stimuli under control because your ECS is so out of whack because of all the THC in your system," he says.

"I had no sense of the time. I was very shaky. It was almost like an out of body experience," recalls Reid, who asked we not use her real name for professional reasons.

Reid had never experienced panic attacks or anxiety before, but felt completely out of control. "Every minute felt like three hours. I felt like I was trapped inside myself," she says. "I was sitting in a bathroom for a while because I just felt so out of control and freaked out."

...One night she had a panic attack when she was at her friend's house. "He was encouraging me to smoke more and more and get as high as humanly possible," says Wind. "It felt like I had stopped being able to breath. I was panicking so much and I made him call 9-1-1."

Wind's experience may be related to the quantity of weed she consumed. Dr. Mohini Ranganathan, an assistant professor of psychiatry at Yale University who specializes in cannabinoid research, says people who consume low doses of weed are more likely to experience the anti-anxiety effects. "But as the dose increases, you become more and more likely to experience anxiety and panic," she says.

If you consume a large quantity of THC, it makes sense that you might start experiencing some of the psychotic effects people encounter when they take K2 or Spice such as extreme anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations, according to Dr. Ranganathan.

Why Some People Can't Handle Their Weed

Maybe she took something else. Maybe she got super high and it triggered a latent psychotic reaction.
The fact that her boyfriend says she was afraid of HIM sort of negates, IMO, my earlier hypothesis that she was afraid of what her parents would do.

Feeling fear about people she knows seems odd.
Yeah it’s hard to know just what was going on with her. I have had some bad experiences with weed too and LSD as well (long time ago! Lol) and they can be similar in some ways. But I remember acid lasting ALL night and more actual visual and auditory hallucinations and being too high as a sustained, terrible panic attack. Poor girl. I do think she was either on some kind of hallucinogen or had a drug induced psychotic episode of some sort.
One thing that bothers me though is that by 5am I would think whatever drug she was on would have mostly worn off, so I would think her leaving the house would have had more to do with something going on with her parents and not a direct result of a drug.

just a random question from someone that's only followed bits an pieces of this case so far:

does anyone think a 15 year old, under the influence or otherwise, would be familiar/comfortable enough with the verbiage to use "the devil's lettuce" in conversation with a step parent??

what the actual hell?

They had custody. And she had been apparently having school problems due to pot use that were becoming a counseling issue at her school. So they might have been embarrassed that she was able to get high like that under their custody.

Dad said he has been drinking. Maybe step mom had been too. Or was high herself. That would dissuade them from calling 911.

Or, they just thought it was a too much pot scenario that would fade on its own as they pretty much all do. If it didn't and she died for some reason, they may have felt they'd lose their other kids due to neglect for not having taken her to the ER.

I still don't think any of that was enough for the parents to harm her or leave her to die as some have suggested. I just don't see the logic.

Has anyone tried put together a timeline? I can try give it a shot tonight if no one has. I’ll try to list everything we’ve seen in MSM w links. I think it’s important to try to put together everything we’ve heard & read, provided it’s an approved source. I’ve asked a mod for clarification on Facebook posts.

just a random question from someone that's only followed bits an pieces of this case so far:

does anyone think a 15 year old, under the influence or otherwise, would be familiar/comfortable enough with the verbiage to use "the devil's lettuce" in conversation with a step parent??

what the actual hell?

Yes kids have tons of slang words for drugs. It sounds like smoking weed was pretty common in her group of friends.

I still don't think any of that was enough for the parents to harm her or leave her to die as some have suggested. I just don't see the logic.

Not to harm her or to leave her to die. They may not have thought she was at risk of death.

I'm talking about why a parent might cover up a death. Not why they might cause it via action inaction.

Among people who use drugs or are familiar with it, it is very rare in my experience that people take someone acting bizarrely from drugs, to the hospital. Only when they stop breathing is 911 called.

Of course that's mostly young people and hardcore drug users. Not normal parents who act that way.

But not everyone is a normal parent. Some are drug users or have long drug histories.

The CA desert is one of the biggest drug areas in the nation. Among my friends we always talked about the unendurable heat and rampant poverty as being major causes.

How Riverside County became America's drug pipeline

Palms Detox

http://www.ca-cpi.org/docs/County_Data_Files/Riverside_10.pdf

Bed sheets would have been a good start

LE doesn't treat the home of a missing kid as a crime scene right off the bat. There would be no reason to as the vast majority of kids go missing for other than a crime reason and most are quickly found.

They have to have probable cause that a crime was commited to get a search warrant to collect evidence.

LE did nothing wrong by not treating the home as a crime scene in those initial days. That's not how it works.

Has anyone tried put together a timeline? I can try give it a shot tonight if no one has. I’ll try to list everything we’ve seen in MSM w links. I think it’s important to try to put together everything we’ve heard & read, provided it’s an approved source. I’ve asked a mod for clarification on Facebook posts.

That would be amazing.

what the actual hell?

I mean, honestly, I have referred to weed as broccoli, lettuce, herbs, trees, and probably a few other green plants/foods/vegetables/spices.

Yes kids have tons of slang words for drugs. It sounds like smoking weed was pretty common in her group of friends.

I mean, honestly, I have referred to weed as broccoli, lettuce, herbs, trees, and probably a few other green plants/foods/vegetables/spices.

sure, kids have all kinds of slang for weed they use among themselves. to me, and i'm 48, devils lettuce just seems old-fashioned and downright dorky that i have a hard time thinking a 15 year old would choose to use it in conversation with an adult step mother. unless perhaps they were trying to be snarky.

sure, kids have all kinds of slang for weed they use among themselves. to me, and i'm 48, devils lettuce just seems old-fashioned and downright dorky that i have a hard time thinking a 15 year old would choose to use it in conversation with an adult step mother. unless perhaps they were trying to be snarky.
I thought the same thing about devil’s lettuce. It doesn’t ring true for a 15 year old to say that.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm 30 but I'd say that if I was being glib- like making fun of my mom for being "old". An instance when I would have used that- someone is smoking weed on tv, me to my mom "oh no!! not the devil's lettuce!!" I would never ever think a 15 year old would say the "devil's lettuce" being serious. That's absurd, but all my own opinion, who knows, maybe KG did say stuff like that

Weren't these the rescue dogs attempting to confirm KG left the house on foot, and how far or where her scent stopped?

That is my understanding. They were scent dogs trying to track where Karlie went once she left the house. I believe it was posted on the Mono Police page but it was way back when this first started

I agree with that assessment. I looked at it from that point of view -- that it was a snarky comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB