CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just in general that they can't handle it? That's possible. But the FBI and NCMEC were involved fairly early on.

Clearly mom foes indeed feel the investigation is being handled poorly.
Yes. It’s not that they don’t care or that there is corruption (though many believe its corruption). It’s that they aren’t equipped. Nothing happens there and they have trouble retaining officers to begin with. The ones they do have are hired from another area, some who live in Nevada.

This is what happened.

Not going to quote your whole post because I just want to reiterate what others have said- you cannot make statements like this here. This is what happened IN YOUR OPINION. None of us, not a single person here, knows for a fact exactly what happened that night/morning. You can state your opinion all you want, but you must say that this is your opinion. Please stop saying things as "facts" because it will get this thread shut down. I'm worried that's already going to happen very shortly.

Not going to quote your whole post because I just want to reiterate what others have said- you cannot make statements like this here. This is what happened IN YOUR OPINION. None of us, not a single person here, knows for a fact exactly what happened that night/morning. You can state your opinion all you want, but you must say that this is your opinion. Please stop saying things as "facts" because it will get this thread shut down. I'm worried that's already going to happen very shortly.

Except for Sunshine who knows everything about this case even though they are not a local and not a VI. You are supposed to take their word as gospel just because they post on the internet apparently.

I just had a thought. What if karlie saying "this is the devils lettuce" was actually because SM was offering her weed in an attempt to calm her down? Perhaps she was on some other drug, freaking out, and SM thought giving her weed would chill her out? Idk, sounds kind of silly but it's possible IMO

Good question. I keep hearing from her how they searched endlessly (she and dad), and never stopped and pounded the pavement. But a meander? Dr. Phil made a huge point of getting her to describe hat casual stroll.

Really great points. To me her behavior sounds like someone who ingested or smoked waaay too much pot and is exhibiting paranoia and mild hallucinations, which can happen. Like you I have experienced it.

However, whether to much pot or hallucinogen you don't OD from that.

You can OD from heroin though. A dear friend of mine did OD a few times. He lived behind me and then with me at various times and I remember him coming over and saying. "I'm scared I think I'm going to die." (He eventually did die in ny house, ironically while detoxing). But there's no paranoia or hallucination with that.

I wonder about MDMA/Molly. I'm not that familiar. I know some kids die from dehydration or too much water.

It doesn't sound like what happens with too much meth either. That would be rapid heart rate. Super pale. Shock. Heart pain. Racing pulse.

No one is lying down with that or eating salad.

Of course if a person has an underlying medical condition like a heart issue, anything can trigger a sudden episode maybe? So a person could get super high and maybe die because they get scared or whatever and their heart can't take it because there's a defect maybe?

I don't know.

Something in my gut tells me these parents were very angry about her lying and getting high. I have the instinct that they've used or do use and some people who do so can react super harshly to that behavior in their kids for some reason.

It's kind of like, "See, I may be an alcoholic or drug user but don't tell ME I'm a bad parent! I KNOW how to discipline MY kids." And hen they punish them harshly to tu to prove that their own failings don't make them a bad parent.

I don't know how to explain it. It's like those sort of crummy parents in the store or restaurant who make a big, loud show of "parenting" their kids because they want everyone to think they're great parents. And it's always horrible. "What did I tell you Dylan Lee! Get your butt over here!"

I'm not explaining well. Sometimes people with personal faults are the harshest with their own kids. It's like they feel they have to prove they're not crummy.

In any event, there were several things that indicated to me that the parents were very angry with Karlie. One, how the SM pointedly stated "Karlie LIED" about going to a game. She practically sneered that word. To me it showed an antipathy about Karlie. Negative feelings toward her step daughter.

For an admitted liar herself, she seemed to really relish calling her step daughter out, IMO and was very offended by the lie.

Two, the parents discussed how pot smoking had become an issue with Karlie and she was undergoing counseling or some kind of school discipline because of it. So this wasn't a random or one time thing.

Three, Karlie reportedly sat in the back seat when her SM picked her up and expressed fear that her step mom would "kill" her.

Four, according to people who had heard t, Karlie repeatedly apologizes in the tape.

Five, IIRC, (and correct me if I'm wrong), dad said at some point that during the evening, Karlie was standing in a corner either saying she was sorry or saying she was scared of dad and SM.

Six, the SM secretly recorded Karlie to "show" her how she had been acting. I feel like she was gathering evidence to punish her. It's a theory and opinion only.

Seven, while the SM felt the incident was serious enough to want to record it in some fashion, she didn't take Karlie to the ER. She wanted to handle this herself.

Eight, the lies, changed stories, duper's delight, laughing and giggling and nonchalance of this couple about the disappearance of the kid they had custody of, is disturbing and makes no sense. Unless they were super angry, and something happened.

The theory that she was kicked out and something happened is a good one to me. It would explain a lot and match up with what we know.

I get what you’re saying and I agree this is very likely. I think parents who use any substance are much more cognizant of their kids using especially if there’s been an addiction issue. I have a lot of alcoholism in my family. I have never been a drinker but in my late teens/early 20’s I was addicted to pills-benzos and opiates. My kids were brought up knowing they had a great propensity for addiction and there would be hell to pay if they used any mind altering substance while under my roof.

I think it’s very likely Karlie was either kicked out of the house or possibly never picked up to begin with and left to find her own way home.

How do we know the tape is from that night and not a time in the past? I suppose LE would know for sure IF they checked cell phones. Did they?

Yes. It’s not that they don’t care or that there is corruption (though many believe its corruption). It’s that they aren’t equipped. Nothing happens there and they have trouble retaining officers to begin with. The ones they do have are hired from another area, some who live in Nevada.

Exactly this!! They simply are not equipped!

Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared

This is really bothering me:

SM initially told NG she woke up around around 5:30 and looked over at Karlie who was lying there awake. She then fell back to sleep and Karlie was gone when she woke up at 7:15-7:30.

If Karlie was awake, why didn’t SM ask her how she was feeling?? Considering how paranoid she was the night before wouldn’t a concerned parent ask if she was feeling better? Not this SM. She rolled over and fell back to sleep for 2 hours!

I think she’s since backed off from saying Karlie was awake bc I can find it in any other news.

Too many weird actions and statements plus discrepancies and holes in the timeline! Add in a car that was repaired shortly after and any sane person would have questions.

I wonder the same?! Haven’t heard anything from ANYONE at that party, and I’d be interested in hearing what they have to say. I’m sure LE has spoken to them but it seems they are keeping it close to the vest. :oops: Possibly because of the drug usage involved?! But if it was just MJ, it wouldn’t really matter, as isn’t CA a legal recreational state? They were underage, though ... Right?

I agree with you about the meth. Her symptoms match perfectly IMO. If it was laced with anything, my first guess would be that. LSD wouldn’t withstand the heat, like you said.

Except for the sleeplessness, I don't see any symptoms of meth use really. And I've unfortunately been very exposed to it in the past.

Bump
Hello mstinka1982,
At Websleuths we have strict rules about what sources of information are allowed. Information presented as a fact generally needs to be backed up by linking to a source from Law Enforcement or Main Stream Media. The exception is when someone has an inside connection to the case and becomes a Verified Insider. Here is a link to the VI application process if this fits your situation.
Thank you!
Whiskers

@kaykay543 I think her taking something on top of smoking the MJ is very possible. I actually believe that’s what happened now IMO. Don’t think anything was “laced” anymore. Whatever was in her system I think she ingested orally and I agree that the best bet is LSD (thinking she had a “bad trip”). I’ve been around plenty of people on LSD alone (and LSD + MJ) and they all have exhibited those same symptoms: severe paranoia, inability to calm down and sleep, severe anxiety, constantly thinking something’s wrong, thinking they will die, hallucinating, etc. Especially if they did LSD for the first time. You never know the potency or how you will react to that stuff. It does add up. Good point.

I've never seen that with LSD although I've heard that happens a lot. (Gee, can you tell I'd been around a lot of drugs? Revealing too much about myself on these threads!)

It is possible she took something though but I feel her boyfriend would've been aware. Based on social media they seem very, very close.

I’ve been following, and I am also now thinking this looks like a bad LSD trip. I also think she could have taken it separately from smoking MJ. Maybe most people at the party didn’t even know—could have been just her and one other person or just her alone. She could have had it and decided this was the day or whatever.
You can have a really bad “panic attack” from getting too high on MJ, but IMO it’s typically from edibles and it usually goes away quicker than that and would NOT keep you up all night.
It’s just such a mystery of what happened to her that morning though. So strange.

It can last for several hours though. I've experienced it and been too freaked out to sleep. I didn't think anyone was going to kill me though. And I have never seen that. But see:

"Fear stimuli that we can normally cope with can become unmanageable under the effects of marijuana because our fight-or-flight response gets disrupted," says Dr. Baler. "You may not be able to keep those stimuli under control because your ECS is so out of whack because of all the THC in your system," he says.

"I had no sense of the time. I was very shaky. It was almost like an out of body experience," recalls Reid, who asked we not use her real name for professional reasons.

Reid had never experienced panic attacks or anxiety before, but felt completely out of control. "Every minute felt like three hours. I felt like I was trapped inside myself," she says. "I was sitting in a bathroom for a while because I just felt so out of control and freaked out."

...One night she had a panic attack when she was at her friend's house. "He was encouraging me to smoke more and more and get as high as humanly possible," says Wind. "It felt like I had stopped being able to breath. I was panicking so much and I made him call 9-1-1."

Wind's experience may be related to the quantity of weed she consumed. Dr. Mohini Ranganathan, an assistant professor of psychiatry at Yale University who specializes in cannabinoid research, says people who consume low doses of weed are more likely to experience the anti-anxiety effects. "But as the dose increases, you become more and more likely to experience anxiety and panic," she says.

If you consume a large quantity of THC, it makes sense that you might start experiencing some of the psychotic effects people encounter when they take K2 or Spice such as extreme anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations, according to Dr. Ranganathan.

Why Some People Can't Handle Their Weed

Maybe she took something else. Maybe she got super high and it triggered a latent psychotic reaction.
The fact that her boyfriend says she was afraid of HIM sort of negates, IMO, my earlier hypothesis that she was afraid of what her parents would do.

Feeling fear about people she knows seems odd.

I could see LSD being a possibility, if taken separately. Particularly if everyone else smoked the same MJ. I guess I was leaning towards meth as it seems to be more readily available these days.
I can't seem to find any reason, outside of an accident, that SM and BD would harm KG. I am not getting it.
I don't think a drug OD in the home is plausible. If the drugs were consumed at a party that the parents did not even know she was attending, why cover it up?

They had custody. And she had been apparently having school problems due to pot use that were becoming a counseling issue at her school. So they might have been embarrassed that she was able to get high like that under their custody.

Dad said he has been drinking. Maybe step mom had been too. Or was high herself. That would dissuade them from calling 911.

Or, they just thought it was a too much pot scenario that would fade on its own as they pretty much all do. If it didn't and she died for some reason, they may have felt they'd lose their other kids due to neglect for not having taken her to the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member