Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100 percent. But according to SS she did. She left without her. But maybe Kiely wanted to stay because thier was a boy she liked? I have done that myself. Or when she told her she was planning to stay the night maybe her best friend covered for her / like don't tell my mom but I am staying longer my mom is asleep. It was probably the party of the year. Something everyone was looking forward too.

These are young kids navigating adult decisions with alcohol and probably other substances involved.

What could go wrong with over a 250 16 years old's and young adults with alcohol present?!

16 years olds? That's still a child in my eyes.

At this point I do know one thing everyone is on Tik Tik or Instagram and everyone documents in real-time - these kids needs to check all thier social media and see if she's on them.

Every single selfie/video. I am 10000 percent sure there were plenty taken that night.

(All my own opinion).

I simply choose not to believe SS that Kiely was planning to stay overnight. She seems like an honest, dependable kid that her mother trusted. She told her mother she was coming home, she always came home before, so I am disregarding what SS and ML say about whether she planned to drive home or stay overnight, and believing her mother.

I personally do not get the impression that SS and ML are being honest about the circumstances that night. I also don’t know that I believe she was heavily intoxicated. The first statement from SS was that Kiely wasn’t in the right mindset to be driving, which made me think she was upset, not fall down drunk.

I believe the girls probably had a falling out and parted ways with Kiely very upset and possibly a little bit drunk. ML claims she accompanied Kiely to the party but was only there 10 minutes? It doesn’t make sense. I think these two know more than they are saying.

So it’s more of a party in the woods place?

Not a place where families pay for a designated place to bring their camper or RV for the weekend?
That is my understanding. They were near the campground but based on the videos of the location of it and what my cousins told me, (my cousins call the party place the Sanctuary and say it’s well used), it’s not an actual campground. Edit to add even if it was in the actual campground, they weren’t camping in the traditional sense. They were just partying until they couldn’t stand anymore.

I agree 100 percent. But according to SS she did. She left without her. But maybe Kiely wanted to stay because thier was a boy she liked? I have done that myself. Or when she told her she was planning to stay the night maybe her best friend covered for her / like don't tell my mom but I am staying longer my mom is asleep. It was probably the party of the year. Something everyone was looking forward too.

These are young kids navigating adult decisions with alcohol and probably other substances involved.

What could go wrong with over a 250 16 years old's and young adults with alcohol present?!

16 years olds? That's still a child in my eyes.

At this point I do know one thing everyone is on Tik Tik or Instagram and everyone documents in real-time - these kids needs to check all thier social media and see if she's on them.

Every single selfie/video. I am 10000 percent sure there were plenty taken that night.

(All my own opinion).
A lot of people this age use SnapChat, which deletes posts very soon after they are posted.

With nothing really new coming to light overnight, I have spent some time this morning reviewing what we know, and one statement from her friend has me wondering if it means more than it seems to.

"I know that she wasn't in the right mindset or state to drive.

Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but if she were just inebriated, it seems her friend may have just said so, or said she was in no condition to drive. But to say that she wasn't in the right "mindset" hints to me that perhaps she was upset about something, as well as inebriated. Did Kiely have a boyfriend or s/o who was supposed to have met her at the party and didn't? Did she have a bf or s/o that did not want her to attend the party? Did she have a bf or s/o that did attend the party, but maybe was not showing her enough attention, or perhaps felt she was not showing them enough attention? Did she have any type of argument or have words with anyone there, including her friend(s)? Was she bothered by anyone there who may have had an interest in her?

I am sure that there are people that were there who can answer those questions, and if any of those answers could have any bearing on this case, I hope they will share anything they know with LE. None of them may be important, and I may be grasping at straws, but something about her friend's words just struck me as maybe carefully chosen. JMO

Yes! I just posted something similar. Mindset is a very interesting choice of word to use if she was just drunk or high.

It seems like we really don't know much more than we did originally...

Significant chance options:
1. She left party on her own and crashed. (Statistically, this is by far the highest chance. Young driver, intoxicated, at night..She stated that she was planning to drive home and provided an ETA)
2. She met foul play. (Low chance statistically, but events seem to make this a real possibility)

Less chance options:
3. She left on her own - runaway scenario. (Low chance based on her history and communication that night)
4. She took some sort of drug that affected her mental health, and she is hiding out somewhere. (unlikely)
5. She left party on her own, got lost, and is either stuck or ran out of gas or injured. (Seems like she would have been found by now).

What else am I missing?

I simply choose not to believe SS that Kiely was planning to stay overnight.

Well, she could have been planning to stay overnight. But then decided not to later on (perhaps if the party got too crazy) and then texted her mother to tell her she was heading home.

I think both could be true. She planned to stay at the campground, then later decided not to.

MOO.

Update from Placer Co Sheriff: Log in or sign up to view

Today, helicopters from the California Highway Patrol and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office continue to do aerial searches for Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of search and rescue efforts between August 6th and August 8th. A community meeting/press conference will be held at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 2 p.m. today. We urge anyone who may have any information about Kiely to please contact our tip line. You can remain anonymous: (530) 581-6320 Option 7.

If it was that big of a party that brought in teenagers from out of town - it was posted on social media before and during the party. TikTok or Snapchat
JMO

I agree.

I've been -#truckeehighschoolparty- in the search engine on Instagram and Tiktok but nothing...

I am not sure the name of the Party or High School so I am guessing...

I did find out "the Prosser Family Campground known as “the Sanctuary” to local youth. It is a common place for parties." (source below) so I am now using that # in search engine on Instagram to see if anything comes up.

But I am 100000 certain there are selfies all over social media and videos on Tik Tok.

(moo)

Missing 16-year-old may have been kidnapped from party, authorities say - GNT NEWS

Last edited:
Okay I am finally caught up on this thread. I have followed many missing persons cases and never been annoyed as much as I am with this one. How could there be damn near 300 people at this party and NOT one of them see this girl or her car leave? I just don't understand it.

Also my best friend is from California she said this area has a low crime rate and there are so many body's of water around. She thinks Kiely tried to drive home and got into accident which is why they can't find her car because it's in one of the lakes.

Not to Reno? With “older” partiers present, my thought went to UNR — could college students have convinced her to keep the party going elsewhere?

Being familiar with the area, Truckee gets more college-age visitors from Sacramento, Bay area region. UNR students aren't really oriented towards Truckee. They've got plenty of desert areas of their own to party in.

Well, she could have been planning to stay overnight. But then decided not to later on (perhaps if the party got too crazy) and then texted her mother to tell her she was heading home.

I think both could be true. She planned to stay at the campground, then later decided not to.

MOO.
Also possible that she changed her mind again. Told her friends she was staying, then decided to attempt to drive back. Pulled over because she had gone the wrong way or realized she was, in fact, too drunk. Maybe wanted to sober up a bit or find cell phone service. Then someone happened to pass by.

Being familiar with the area, Truckee gets more college-age visitors from Sacramento, Bay area region. UNR students aren't really oriented towards Truckee. They've got plenty of desert areas of their own to party in.
Ah. My bf is from the Grass Valley area, and his first thought was that she could have gone to Reno.

There are a flurry of online rumors but scant real clues in the case. Friends say Kiely intended to stay at the campground overnight, but they lost track of her in the large party. At least one witness says Kiely was too intoxicated to drive.

Detectives say they've had difficulty getting witness statements due to the age of party-goers and the underage drinking that occurred at the gathering.

Volunteers will be meeting at the Truckee community rec center this morning to conduct more searches. At 5 p.m. tonight, friends are hosting a "teen to teen" meetup at the Tahoe City Save Mart parking lot to encourage young witnesses to come forward without adults or law enforcement present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa