Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there is only one camera (as of right now) that she was caught on, too. She was also - I think this is an important detail - already dressed in the outfit she wore to the party! Pure speculation, but it could signal that she did have concrete plans with someone prior to the party that warranted an early outfit change / putting the party clothes on hours before the event.
i dont think that that type of party needed party clothes. it was a more "come as you are" and she was dressed casually.

i dont think that that type of party needed party clothes. it was a more "come as you are" and she was dressed casually.
It's totally a casual outfit, but it was also a celebration! She might have been thinking more about what specific clothes to wear, or changed from lounging / work clothes specifically for the party or plans she had before. Just a thought, though.

Her and Kate were making brûlées.

Do we know she was making them with Kate between 6pm and the party? If so, I missed this and apologize. I did not realize any clear timeline for when she was hanging out with Kate was ever provided, only that they had spent time together the day of the party, and that is something they did.

If this has been shared already, I apologize. In this MSN video, one of the teens (looks to be SS from credits) from the party points out where Kiely's car was parked, the main party area, and the road to leave. Everything is *very* close together. I found it interesting.

Last edited:
If this has been shared already, I apologize. In this MSN video, one of the teens (looks to be SS from credits) from the party points out where Kiely's car was parked, the main party area, and the road to leave. Everything is *very* close together. I found it interesting.

This is so helpful in visualizing. Just like the current timeline, the space where anything could have happened is so limited. I also seriously wonder how she (or anyone else) was able to move the vehicle with all of the trees, the crowd, and the other parked cars... that seems impossible unless most of the party and cars had cleared out.

This is so helpful in visualizing. Just like the current timeline, the space where anything could have happened is so limited. I also seriously wonder how she (or anyone else) was able to move the vehicle with all of the trees, the crowd, and the other parked cars... that seems impossible unless most of the party and cars had cleared out.
And if everyone was leaving at around the same time, how did she not follow them all in the same direction? (my assumption being that she made a wrong turn and ended up at the end of that boat ramp)

AUG 18

TRUCKEE, Calif. — Partygoers who were with Kiely Rodni the night she vanished are refusing to cooperate with investigators — because they’re afraid they could get charged over “illegal activity” and then kicked out of college, California authorities said.

“People aren’t talking to us,” Placer County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Angela Musallam told The Post Thursday.

More at Search for missing California teen Kiely Rodni stalled as party-goers refuse to cooperate with cops

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've read every post on all 4 threads.
Here is a thought.
When KR texted her mom and realized that her mom was essentially going to sleep ("wake me when you get home"), it gave KR a little extra boldness to push the curfew. Therefore, as the party was breaking up/splitting off, she calls SS to be sure she did indeed get out (as she is a conscientious friend), then proceeded to turn off her phone preventing her mom from looking back at her locations the next day. I do this with my kids- I frequently look back the next morning on their routes/locations/times for the night before to make sure they did what they told me they did when they told me they did it. How clever would it be to just turn one's phone off, go to an after-party, then sneak in MUCH later than curfew while mom was asleep. The next day you could claim the locator app glitched, you don't know why it still shows you at the campground, you don't know why it didn't show you driving straight home at 12:30. Just a theory as a mom of teens.

Here is a thought.
When KR texted her mom and realized that her mom was essentially going to sleep ("wake me when you get home"), it gave KR a little extra boldness to push the curfew. Therefore, as the party was breaking up/splitting off, she calls SS to be sure she did indeed get out (as she is a conscientious friend), then proceeded to turn off her phone preventing her mom from looking back at her locations the next day. I do this with my kids- I frequently look back the next morning on their routes/locations/times for the night before to make sure they did what they told me they did when they told me they did it. How clever would it be to just turn one's phone off, go to an after-party, then sneak in MUCH later than curfew while mom was asleep. The next day you could claim the locator app glitched, you don't know why it still shows you at the campground, you don't know why it didn't show you driving straight home at 12:30. Just a theory as a mom of teens.
Then I hope someone gets a conscience and tells authorities where…. I can totally see one of my kids trying that

Here is a thought.
This of course means she could NOT turn her phone back on for any reason while driving to or attending an after-party or she would be busted. With her phone powered off, this leaves her extra vulnerable if she finds herself in danger.

AUG 18

TRUCKEE, Calif. — Partygoers who were with Kiely Rodni the night she vanished are refusing to cooperate with investigators — because they’re afraid they could get charged over “illegal activity” and then kicked out of college, California authorities said.

“People aren’t talking to us,” Placer County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Angela Musallam told The Post Thursday.

More at Search for missing California teen Kiely Rodni stalled as party-goers refuse to cooperate with cops
This sounds something like the "Snitches get Stiches" phenomenon we hear about that apparently impedes LE in so many cases. In this case the consequence for withholding info would appear to be different but the result may be the same.

This of course means she could NOT turn her phone back on for any reason while driving to or attending an after-party or she would be busted. With her phone powered off, this leaves her extra vulnerable if she finds herself in danger.
Very plausible. Most locals on this site and on social media seem to have dismissed the water theory in favor of something like this.

Yes me too. I really don't know why this hasn't been confirmed as to where she was before the party. She wasn't at home. She was seen on CCTV at a local store at 6pm, but didn't arrive to the party until 10pm.

I don't know why nobody has come forward to say they were with her.
I'm not surprised at all. If my kid had been with her before or saw her at the party, I would have them tell LE the story and not say anything to anyone else about it. We see how her friends who have spoken up get ripped to shreds. LE isn't revealing that information because having the public know that information won't help them solve the case.

I want to know more about the public restrooms. Where are they in relation to where she was parked? SS mentioned them using them--I think?

I also wonder if Kiely was parked sort of on the edge of things? (It seems so from the video)If there was any opportunity for anyone to lurk around out there, follow her to a restroom, that sort of thing?

There was probably a fair amount of trampling around in the woods, garbage in the woods from the party, so something could have happened out there without it being obvious, right? And dogs picking up on her scent would make sense if she had been peeing out there with SS earlier in the night.

Again, just thinking possibilities through.

Do we know she was making them with Kate between 6pm and the party? If so, I missed this and apologize. I did not realize any clear timeline for when she was hanging out with Kate was ever provided, only that they had spent time together the day of the party, and that is something they did.
Only from Kate saying so. My apologies I didn’t know you were looking for activities after 6 only.

Only from Kate saying so. My apologies I didn’t know you were looking for activities after 6 only.
Yes, I was trying to place where she was between 6-10 ish when she arrived at the party. It gets confusing because of the interviews, the things that were removed during clean ups, etc. Thanks!

I want to know more about the public restrooms. Where are they in relation to where she was parked? SS mentioned them using them--I think?

I also wonder if Kiely was parked sort of on the edge of things? (It seems so from the video)If there was any opportunity for anyone to lurk around out there, follow her to a restroom, that sort of thing?

There was probably a fair amount of trampling around in the woods, garbage in the woods from the party, so something could have happened out there without it being obvious, right? And dogs picking up on her scent would make sense if she had been peeing out there with SS earlier in the night.

Again, just thinking possibilities through.
They are vault toilets. This generally means individual unisex compartments each with a door, not "restrooms".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa