Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
I think you got it. But I also wonder if there is not extraneous straps or something attached (I circled). I put together a composite image with @Beekarina's images from the AWP video and your sleuthing results.
View attachment 364747
Could that be a sticker on a trailer hitch?
Almost looks like it could be an older U-Haul sticker perhaps or another company like that

Is there some kind of rational, outdoorsy reason you would have that strapped underneath your vehicle?

I live in a rural-ish area, but opposite coast.

Confused over here....
If it is a tow strap maybe someone could have wedged it in there or tied it up so it's easily accessible for when the CR-V would get stuck in the snow going up to the Lodge where they live/lived.
MOO

I keep seeing that one picture of the kids at the party, they are all standing among the trees . MOO, that this is all whom were there, and not 2-300. There is NO WAY 200-300 teenagers went to a party, and that is the ONLY picture that has been leaked/presented, and only ~4 people from the party have spoken publicly, or offered any detail after this amount of time. Not even any posts leaked showing the announcement of the party. Unless I am missing something, this has been kept VERY quiet, and in MHOO that is NOT the "norm" for this generation with their available devices and social media. HOW do you keep 2-300 people who were there quiet when this is so public and viral? MOO

The party escalates from a high-school event to a party of some 300 people ranging in age from teenagers to young adults and even some older adults, some of whom the teenage attendees were not familiar with.

The party included drugs and alcohol, and officials are searching for video footage or photos of a possible fight that occurred that night.

Where is Kiely Rodni? Timeline of Truckee teen's disappearance from campground

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

A quote from Fight Club

If it is a tow strap maybe someone could have wedged it in there or tied it up so it's easily accessible for when the CR-V would get stuck in the snow going up to the Lodge where they live/lived.
MOO
I'm confused why I don't see that at all on the video AWP posted. It almost looks like subtitles are in yellow in the still photo also, but they're white on the original. Could this be something like a filter on the photo making some kind of image artifact appear?

Reactions: IDK
It's going to be a minute for documents.

"It should be noted, however, [that] the investigation is not complete and is considered ongoing at this time.

"Once the investigation is complete, [the] release will be pursuant to all privileges and/or exemptions that may apply.

"We expect the investigation, review, and redaction processes to be completed by November 1, 2022."

They added that if the records are still not available in two months, they will further advise the media of a new date they may be released.

The party escalates from a high-school event to a party of some 300 people ranging in age from teenagers to young adults and even some older adults, some of whom the teenage attendees were not familiar with.

The party included drugs and alcohol, and officials are searching for video footage or photos of a possible fight that occurred that night.

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

A quote from Fight Club

Just to clarify, LE did not say they wanted footage of the fight. In the presser, the officer stated they had received a lot of video from the fight, (a pre-planned sparring kind of event) but that they wanted additional footage from the party. It seemed to me he was implying any and all video besides just the fight IMO
Media kind of misinterpreted that and it turned into a whole thing about LE specifically asking for fight videos and that wasn't the case

Eta 1:46

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea what this is across the undercarriage of the CRV? Rear of car, near exhaust, etc?

I cleaned up the image a bit. View attachment 364604

The turning it? What is this? Unusual? View attachment 364605
Is it just me or does that look like a red liquid leaked from the rear cargo area directly below the hatch handle? The discoloration seems to follow the contours of the vehicle….
307A2A9F-2589-4491-AB7B-B01F77FB4396.jpeg
Circled in yellow….

Last edited:
So I've watched this moment back a few times on YouTube in a couple different resolutions and a couple different playback speeds and I don't see that colored item on the hitch at all. I wonder what you were using to play it back, maybe a TV or something that you were using to get the screenshot? I just wonder if somehow you get a better resolution than I can get on my phone. What I did notice but I'm not sure I've seen mentioned yet on these threads is the passenger side mirror is broken on the underside as Nick is going by and he says he notices the window broken out. It seems bizarre to me it would be shattered on the underside, unless AWP mistakenly clipped it with a magnet or something. I'll clip screenshots of it here.

Is this a piece of glass that you're talking about?

I'm on a computer and ran it through a free program that fixes color for portraits. Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 7.00.01 AM.png

Is it just me or does that look like a red liquid leaked from the rear cargo area directly below the hatch handle? The discoloration seems to follow the counters of the vehicle….
View attachment 364788
Circled in yellow….

That's really weird. Maybe there was some kind of paint spill? I noticed some of the photos of Kiely are taken at a place with grafitti. Maybe a can of spray paint?

I wonder if it is just noise from trying to clean stuff up too////

That's really weird. Maybe there was some kind of paint spill? I noticed some of the photos of Kiely are taken at a place with grafitti. Maybe a can of spray paint?
I wonder if it is just noise from trying to clean stuff up too////
For it to have gone down the bumper, it clearly happened before the vehicle was upside down.

Re there being 200-300 kids at the party, surely LE could check the mobile data and see how many phones were 'pinging' in the area to verify approx numbers - in the same way they knew the last ping of Kiely's phone was by the water's edge?

Plus even work out what other phones pinged in the same location as her phone at the same time so as to check for witnesses or suspects if ruled as foul play?

Re there being 200-300 kids at the party, surely LE could check the mobile data and see how many phones were 'pinging' in the area to verify approx numbers - in the same way they knew the last ping of Kiely's phone was by the water's edge?

Plus even work out what other phones pinged in the same location as her phone at the same time so as to check for witnesses or suspects if ruled as foul play?

Right.

And as i mentioned a couple days ago, she also had an iPad at home, and the MacBook, so those things would sync.

Plus, there was some sort of location sharing app in play, as her mother mentioned it last updating Kiely's location shortly after midnight.

LE knows exactly where she was the last few hours, days, etc. And the same for all of her friends, and anyone they are interested in.

RSBM
Bingo, @MomMommyMom2! I think you got it. But I also wonder if there is not extraneous straps or something attached (I circled). I put together a composite image with @Beekarina's images from the AWP video and your sleuthing results.
View attachment 364747
It looks kind of like it may be a sticker? Genuine Honda parts have a red and white sticker with a barcode and part number, could be that…but the more I look at it, it looks like the receiver itself may have some damage or something stuck in/on/around it? Things look so different under water so it’s hard to tell. I wish AWP had more footage! I really hope LE took lots of video and photos before and after flipping the car…

Right.

And as i mentioned a couple days ago, she also had an iPad at home, and the MacBook, so those things would sync.

Plus, there was some sort of location sharing app in play, as her mother mentioned it last updating Kiely's location shortly after midnight.

LE knows exactly where she was the last few hours, days, etc. And the same for all of her friends, and anyone they are interested in.
Yes we know they knew where she was very likely to be from her tech, but there is lots of mention re if there were 200-300 kids at the party or not, were her friends lying about that - but LE will be able to verify if that was true based on the number of pings on the same mast Kiely's phone pinged.

Just to clarify, LE did not say they wanted footage of the fight. In the presser, the officer stated they had received a lot of video from the fight, (a pre-planned sparring kind of event) but that they wanted additional footage from the party. It seemed to me he was implying any and all video besides just the fight IMO
Media kind of misinterpreted that and it turned into a whole thing about LE specifically asking for fight videos and that wasn't the case

Eta 1:46

Respectfully, just to clarify, the fight footage request by authorities was initially requested on AUG 5. The Presser video in the video you've kindly referenced was on AUG 11.

Aug. 5​

Surveillance footage captures Kiely at a local business on Aug. 5 wearing a black bodysuit and Dickies pants roughly six hours before...

<>

... party of some 300 people ranging in age from teenagers to young adults and even some older adults, some of whom the teenage attendees were not familiar with. The party included drugs and alcohol, and officials are searching for video footage or photos of a possible fight that occurred that night.

Additionally, investigators are asking those who went to the Prosser Family Campground party to submit photos or videos of a big fight that apparently occurred the night Rodni disappeared.

Search for missing Kiely Rodni: Police activate CodeRed system after teen disappeared from campground party

At 11:03 in the video, Sami begins to describe the fight at the party.

One of my young adult offspring is 18. Big take away from all of this was to have another discussion about how you may not view yourself as different from a friend who is 6 months younger, a year younger, but legally speaking? You 100% are, and you 100% are an adult. So keep that in mind if you're out somewhere, and just in general.

I've been trying my best to find more information about the water temperature to better understand this. Hoping someone(s) with more knowledge can clue me in!

The chart in the SS in question shows that the water temp was around 80* on the 6th, but doesn't show the water temp for the date Kiely was recovered. (I've been unable to find this exact graph/information online). On AWP's video, their sonar equipment is showing that the temperature is 72*- not sure if that is water or air temp. When looking at the average temperatures for Truckee in August/the actual highs and lows for last month (High- high 80s/low 90s, Low- mid 30s-40s), it is hard for me to believe that the water temperature could actually be 80*. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction to any information or graphs that show the historical water temperature by date? Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77