Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a video of a 2013 CRV LX AWD, which is what Kiely's car was, per the VIN. (It is a darker color, but otherwise should be identical)

I found it really helpful for getting a feel of the vehicle.

I know the general/popular consensus is that she swam towards the back to follow the air bubble as the car sank...but if the back windows were open wouldn't the water rushing in back there scare her from moving backwards through the car as well? If front and back windows were open and water was rushing in the back windows as well I don't understand why she would climb towards the back
Reconstructing her every possible move while the car entered the lake, turtled and/or nose-dived, and landed upside-down won't be possible, even for the CHP. Immediately after death, her body would have sunk and settled to the lowest point in the vehicle roof, absent an impediment.
The body would refloat after a few days, but would again sink by the time of recovery. My impression was that she was on the roof when found. Unless she was securely restrained, her body ended up where it was found due to the movements of the car, the laws of gravity, and decomposition.

"A victim may be on the surface and then be on the bottom less than 10 seconds later"

From the AWP video of the CR-V being recovered it kind of looks like it has lower front end damage; perhaps it hit the water with some speed or was caused by nose hitting bottom.
Could Doug be wrong about direction it was facing? Roughly 20 foot depth and a nearly 15 foor long suv isn't much depth to roll over and or "turtle" IMO

Reactions: IDK
From the AWP video of the CR-V being recovered it kind of looks like it has lower front end damage; perhaps it hit the water with some speed or was caused by nose hitting bottom.
Could Doug be wrong about direction it was facing? Roughly 20 foot depth and a nearly 15 foor long suv isn't much depth to roll over and or "turtle" IMO
After seeing actual videos of cars driving that stretch, its much flatter then you’d expect. Could’ve easily been doing 40+. IMO she overcorrected at the waters edge, rolled her car breaking the window and flipping it upside down in in the water.

After seeing actual videos of cars driving that stretch, its much flatter then you’d expect. Could’ve easily been doing 40+. IMO she overcorrected at the waters edge, rolled her car breaking the window and flipping it upside side in in the water.
there are multiple videos of the road leading to waters edge, nobody would have been driving 40+ on it due to its roughness and large "pot holes"

my guess is that we and her own family may never know exactly what happened that morning/night

Is there some kind of rational, outdoorsy reason you would have that strapped underneath your vehicle?

I live in a rural-ish area, but opposite coast.

Confused over here....
These folks live off road in very rural areas. It is *very* common for folks in the mountains to get stuck and need help getting out of mud/snow.

I’d bet a huge percentage of AWD vehicles in the Tahoe/Truckee area have hitches & straps in the backs of their SUVs/trucks. More often than not, actually. MOO.

Wow the fish would be cooked.
80 degrees was the surface air, at water level temperature, not water temperature.

For example, right now, the lake is 62 degrees, it's 91 degrees in Truckee.

Maybe someone should message Doug and tell him he's wrong. He was just on Law & Crime's YouTube channel just now giving more info about the incident. He said the passenger side window was smashed out, and the one half way down in back on the drivers side was open. From what he said he seemed to think that she should've been able to get out of either one. He made it sound like CR-Vs don't float for more than a few seconds, but there's footage on the internet showing otherwise. IMHO she may have panicked and then made some decisions she wouldn't normally have due to that (like possibly climb into the cargo area).

Wow the fish would be cooked.
80 degrees was the surface air, at water level temperature, not water temperature.

For example, right now, the lake is 62 degrees, it's 91 degrees in Truckee.

Exactly. Their reported measurement was not accurate.

How would they be "clout chasing" by participating in a panel interview with "random people" on YouTube?
Because they’ve done like 60 of them already, directing people to subscribe - buy their stuff, tooting their own horn. All while implicating two other 18 year old kids in her death, claiming to have a ton more information but refusing to supply any of it until they release another video in a few weeks/months.

I dunno how that’s not seen as shady. If your so adamant, release what you have now and stop stringing people along hoping for more views and more money.

Maybe someone should message Doug and tell him he's wrong. He was just on Law & Crime's YouTube channel just now giving more info about the incident. He said the passenger side window was smashed out, and the one half way down in back on the drivers side was open. From what he said he seemed to think that she should've been able to get out of either one. He made it sound like CR-Vs don't float for more than a few seconds, but there's footage on the internet showing otherwise. IMHO she may have panicked and then made some decisions she wouldn't normally have due to that (like possibly climb into the cargo area).

Does the footage have open windows?

If LE suspects foul play as a possibility, I wonder if they will recreate scenarios?

Reactions: IDK
The smoothness probably varies greatly depending on your car. We have heard several people say the road is rough - Doug with AWP just mentioned in the video you posted earlier that it was a very rough road.

MOO
I mean parts of it are sure, but the last 1/2 mile seems fine. There were cars coming and going while they were pulling her car out, you could see them in the background and they all seemed to be doing at least 30, kicking up a ton of dust.

Thanks - the Law & Crime interview was nice & concise. I don’t think we learned anything new but now I understand that because a few windows were open her car would sink very very fast.

MOO

Because they’ve done like 60 of them already, directing people to subscribe - buy their stuff, tooting their own horn. All while implicating two other 18 year old kids in her death, claiming to have a ton more information but refusing to supply any of it until they release another video in a few weeks/months.

I dunno how that’s not seen as shady. If your so adamant, release what you have now and stop stringing people along hoping for more views and more money.
Maybe they can’t release more information right now because LE has asked them not to.
And more views/more money means more cars found so I’m all for them getting the word out.

MOO

I also think that a lot of people are forgetting that she was likely inebriated to some degree. Mix that with panic and we cannot be sure what a “logical course of action” would look like. MOO. How much research has been done on how an individual under the influence of something would try to get out of a car in the water? Likely very little, so the idea that it’s suspicious because she didn’t follow certain steps that people would normally follow doesn’t hold a lot of weight in my mind. MOO.

I haven't seen AWP implicate anyone. The internet as a whole was already going after some of the friends, from early on. I don't think that is unique to this case, but it IS unfortunate. It isn't something you will find encouraged here.

My understanding is they will only release another video if this is foul play and there is an arrest(s) as related to the Roadside Nick guy's interview. If Kiely's death is ruled an accident, that should end the videos, the discussions, IMO.

Personally? I don't love the whole "sell your merch, promote your channel" thing either, but that's how YouTube works. It does cost money to do what they do. I can see how it is a bit tacky, and how it might feel shocking and gross too, if it was your loved one in all the videos out there, if it was your loved one we were all discussing here. i'm a parent of young adults, around the same age as the partygoers. I think a lot of people here are.

Also? 18 is a legal adult. A young adult, but an adult. I do have personal opinions about anyone 18+ who allows or encourages a minor to behave in ways that cause harm, but that's for other people to sort out with this case.

My impression was that she was on the roof when found.
You mean on the roof of the cargo area? Here is the interior cargo area of the 2013 Honda CR-V. So I keep picturing her here on the floor, but she was on the ceiling? Unless secured?
55A8085C-A549-4120-A1FA-025D48B49DC9.jpeg
This is the same vehicle but 2012 model.
1A00E980-4727-4032-8BB4-E9CA0AB4FEBB.jpeg
So she was up there unless secured on floor.

We may never know, and even CHP may not fully reconstruct how KR's car entered the lake. But here are my thoughts (IMO) in response to this recent discussion - mostly a regurgitation from past discussions, FWIW:

1. We can assume, but we shouldn't presume the car was driven into the lake.
2. If the car was driven into the lake, we can assume, but we shouldn't presume it went in nose first.
3. If the car was driven into the lake, we can assume, but we shouldn't presume KR was driving the car.
4. If KR was driving the car when it went into the lake, we can assume, but shouldn't presume she was alone in the car.
5. If KR wasn't driving the car, we can assume, but we shouldn't presume she was a conscious passenger in the car.
6. If the car was driven into the lake, we can assume, but shouldn't presume it came down the bumpy, brushy, spur road.
7. If the car was driven into the lake, it's possible it was barreling along the smooth beach from a different direction.

All Quotes RSBM:
After seeing actual videos of cars driving that stretch, its much flatter then you’d expect. Could’ve easily been doing 40+. IMO she overcorrected at the waters edge, rolled her car breaking the window and flipping it upside down in in the water.

there are multiple videos of the road leading to waters edge, nobody would have been driving 40+ on it due to its roughness and large "pot holes"

If she was driving 40+ mph wouldn't she have gone off the road and into the brush earlier?

The smoothness probably varies greatly depending on your car. We have heard several people say the road is rough - Doug with AWP just mentioned in the video you posted earlier that it was a very rough road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz