Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree.

People who DON'T love the water tend to avoid it. I live near a beach, and I have two grandkids whom I have to drag out when it's time to go home, and one who refuses to set foot in the ocean (or the pool) at all.

People drown every day, and typically those are people who chose to go in the water and were overcome for one reason or another.

Being trapped in a sinking car on a dark night is very far removed, IMO, than the pleasant swims that Kiely may have enjoyed all her life. I'm a good swimmer and have never been intoxicated in my entire life, but I would absolutely panic if a lake came gushing through my car windows without me even knowing which way is up. Add to that being 16, possibly inebriated or high, darkness and confusion and it becomes very difficult to swim out in time to survive.

Jmo
I agree with this completely. You said what I couldn’t put into words.

I’m a mermaid but an unexpected piece of seaweed touches my foot and I am DONE. I forget everything I’ve learned when it comes to water. I say this in jest but it’s true. We aren’t trained to be inside a vehicle submerged in water. We learn to swim at our leisure.
If seaweed touches my foot you'll witness a human being leaping up out of the water and literally flying onto the boat, sans flapping their arms. LOL That actually happened once. The water was dark and I got spooked the closer I got to the boat (you know, because "It" was under there waiting for me to get closer). You've never seen someone go from water to boat as fast as I did. And for the record... ever since then I can't go into water if I can't see the bottom. I realized that when I went to someone's house late at night who had a pool. There weren't lights on so I couldn't see bottom. Nope. Not going in there. "It" went from that lake to their pool. Don't ask me how it did but of that I'm sure. LOLOL :D

I agree with your thoughts on how the wheel coul be damaged as you explained. I believe in earlier posts or threads we've discussed the road and the sand of the beach intersecting. The road as you said is rough it would have to be either Kiely was driving fast or/and not realizing she is on the sand. The road is not as close as it appears on maps than in reality so the driver can still adjust to the change in the terrain. All I'm saying is yes as you stated it could have happened right there or it could have been damaged earlier than where the road intersects like way before or even deliberately close to the intersection.
What are your thoughts about the sand? Is the sand firm so as not to leave tracks? Were tracks discovered? At the supposed time of the car entering the water, how wide was the sand from water to land?

I am not aiming all of these questions at you but more to everyone.

My apologies if these have been discussed. My time is very limited but I am interested in this case. I come here for the collective knowledge available.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

The thing is?

How did she make it down to the water to begin with if she was extremely inebriated/"effed up"/ not in the mind to be driving/expected to sleep it all of at the campsite vs driving home?

IMO, that's territory where you might have alcohol poisoning, or other issues.

It doesn't make sense to me.

What was Kiely doing down there?

JMO, but I do think a "water baby" in a familiar setting, with windows open would have a better chance of escaping.

All things being equal.

But I also do not think it makes any sense at all to be extremely inebriated and end up down there in the water in the first place. The only way it does to me is if you:

-continued to party AFTER the campsite farewell party and things took a turn somehow? i.e. you;re right there, the scenarios @RedHaus went over often already

-some unknown foul play

Driver error doesn't make sense. I agree with Doug from AWP it doesn't seem a "wrong turn" road. It isn't cruising along texting and uh-oh......water...kwim? How the heck do you get down there if you do not mean to be down there???

What are your thoughts about the sand? Is the sand firm so as not to leave tracks? Were tracks discovered? At the supposed time of the car entering the water, how wide was the sand from water to land?

My apologies if these have been discussed. My time is very limited but I am interested in this case. I come here for the collective knowledge available.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
It's not sand per se but more soft sandy soil a vehicle could get stuck in. (liquefaction of the dirt, soil, sand) Not enough body damage to CR-V to think a rollover happened because of some kind of damage before it entered the water.

On the drone video from 8/9 (IIRC) showed no "damage" on the land to indicate a vehicle rollover IMO

Last edited:

Just my thoughts.

Otis
Tire tracks were discovered by LE I believe they marked the area at the beginning when her car was found originally. As far as the texture of the sand I don't know, sorry. Maybe someone who has been to the location can answer these questions hopefully for you.

JMO, but I do think a "water baby" in a familiar setting, with windows open would have a better chance of escaping.

All things being equal.

But I also do not think it makes any sense at all to be extremely inebriated and end up down there in the water in the first place. The only way it does to me is if you:

-continued to party AFTER the campsite farewell party and things took a turn somehow? i.e. you;re right there, the scenarios @RedHaus went over often already

-some unknown foul play

Driver error doesn't make sense. I agree with Doug from AWP it doesn't seem a "wrong turn" road. It isn't cruising along texting and uh-oh......water...kwim? How the heck do you get down there if you do not mean to be down there???
I agree. How did her vehicle end up where it was when, in order to get home (or out of the campsite altogether), she’d need to be going the opposite way?

I think that’s how I understand it anyway.

All things being equal.

-continued to party AFTER the campsite farewell party and things took a turn somehow? i.e. you;re right there, the scenarios
@RedHaus went over often already

-some unknown foul play

BBM

These are what get me thinking for the most part about FP. How can a person be so drunk to make it into the water but not drunk enough to drive into a tree or a ditch and crash before getting to the water.

I also agree with Doug from AWP and also Nick (diver) that this doesn't feel like a simple accident.
Some part of the "puzzle" is missing that we don't know yet or haven't seen yet.

MOO and Speculation.

I can’t decide between accident and foul play at this point. My initial thought was accident but now I’m open to anything. That has nothing to do with AWP’s shenanigans since her discovery BTW. It just feels like forever (and unusual in the case of accidents) since authorities have released any official statements. JMO

I can’t decide between accident and foul play at this point. My initial thought was accident but now I’m open to anything. That has nothing to do with AWP’s shenanigans since her discovery BTW. It just feels like forever (and unusual in the case of accidents) since authorities have released any official statements. JMO
I'm with you, but I'm more in the foul play camp due to older men attending they didn't know, and what my life's experiences have been.

I've only been following this thread for a day or so, but I was wondering if maybe she took a drive down there for sentimental reasons, or 'old times sake' kind of thing. or just some personal reason that we'll never know. She just graduated high school and I think was off to college soon. Perhaps she had some fond memories there, as we know she knew the area. So she drives down there to think for a bit -- just a short detour from the way home -- but totally misjudges the distance to the water. Things can look very different at night even if you know the area by day, and I understand that it was pitch dark. Maybe she went over an embankment and couldn't even see the water's edge, and before she even realizes it she is floating and then sinking. She panics and tries to get the windows down or the doors open -- maybe she even kicked the passenger window out -- but water came rushing in and she was driven into the back. And then it rolled over.

Also, do we know that she was extremely drunk? She texted her mother and asked her friend if she still needed a ride, which sounded like she was being responsible and had her faculties about her. So very sad.

I guess that all depends on the parents and their parenting style.

I thought I'd attach a recent post of mine about a MSM article where the residents are enabling drug and alcohol use in Truckee. Two snippets from my post and the article. The link to the full post (and article link) is below.

her suppliers included friends’ parents. “I could find it anywhere; I could get it anywhere.”

and

And it’s not only parents who are enablers, said Corine Harvey, executive director of student services for Tahoe Truckee Unified School District — it’s residents who host parties and purchase alcohol for minors, allowing youth to drink.

I guess that all depends on the parents and their parenting style. you said.
Maybe its just me but wasnt Steve criticizing just that.

I've only been following this thread for a day or so, but I was wondering if maybe she took a drive down there for sentimental reasons, or 'old times sake' kind of thing. or just some personal reason that we'll never know. She just graduated high school and I think was off to college soon. Perhaps she had some fond memories there, as we know she knew the area. So she drives down there to think for a bit -- just a short detour from the way home -- but totally misjudges the distance to the water. Things can look very different at night even if you know the area by day, and I understand that it was pitch dark. Maybe she went over an embankment and couldn't even see the water's edge, and before she even realizes it she is floating and then sinking. She panics and tries to get the windows down or the doors open -- maybe she even kicked the passenger window out -- but water came rushing in and she was driven into the back. And then it rolled over.

Also, do we know that she was extremely drunk? She texted her mother and asked her friend if she still needed a ride, which sounded like she was being responsible and had her faculties about her. So very sad.
With her faculties about her not long before makes me veer more to the foul play camp.

All things being equal.

-some unknown foul play

Looked back through threads to see if anyone described KR as a water baby and could not find a reference.

There is really no evidence of how drunk or high KR was, I mean its ok to speculate I guess but building a theory on that factor and her ability to do this or that might be stretching it, IMHO.

Trying to make sense of how if it were an accident, it would not be a driver error unless you might mean suicide. IMO if she were suicidal, we would have heard about it by now with the SM manic reporting including Jagger of course, and Sami.

We actually do not even know where she was parked. Several locals have reported it is quite common for folks to back their cars up right to the waterall along prosser shoreline. IMO she might have parked on the beach, she arrived late. That is why IMO no one saw her leave.

Thats why its a mystery, we just do not know why or how or even if there is a whom.. If it is foul play though, IMOO, we can bet our bippies they would already know. That is why I am going for tragic accident because no arrests have been made.

With her faculties about her not long before makes me veer more to the foul play camp.
I have to admit that I considered a foul play scenario for a while -- that the 'older boys from Reno' were camping over there and had hiked to the party, then got her to give them a ride as she was driving out... -- but it just seemed a stretch. I think given the timeline of when her phone went dead means she drove into the reservoir pretty quickly after leaving the party, and nobody seems to have seen a thing.

I have to admit that I considered a foul play scenario for a while -- that the 'older boys from Reno' were camping over there and had hiked to the party, then got her to give them a ride as she was driving out... -- but it just seemed a stretch. I think given the timeline of when her phone went dead means she drove into the reservoir pretty quickly after leaving the party, and nobody seems to have seen a thing.
BBM
If a person believes Sami's story, she called Kiely at 12:36 and her phone is said to have shut off for the last time at 12:33.

As for the statement that I colored white; We simply do not know how Kiely and her Honda got into the water, she could have drove, could have knocked it into neutral and slowly rolled, could have been pushed, could have passed out while driving etc. Any number of scenarios is technically possible although some are more likely than others given what we know from what has come out publicly.

MOO
Speculation

BBM
If a person believes Sami's story, she called Kiely at 12:36 and her phone is said to have shut off for the last time at 12:33.

As for the statement that I colored white; We simply do not know how Kiely and her Honda got into the water, she could have drove, could have knocked it into neutral and slowly rolled, could have been pushed, could have passed out while driving etc. Any number of scenarios is technically possible although some are more likely than others given what we know from what has come out publicly.

MOO
Speculation
Yes, of course. Sheer speculation. I said "drove" but I was speculating that she and the car went into the water pretty quickly since that is presumably the event that caused her phone to go dead. I was just presenting a theory. All JMO of course.

I'm not familiar with Sami's story, Can you elaborate?

Text RSBM
Focusing on the site where the car was actually found, one wonders what on the bottom kept it from sliding all the way down into that 61' deep?
There are, in fact, significant variations in elevations out there underwater and along rhe shoreline. Part natural and part silt build up. I saw a crane out there dredging in a photo. And surprisingly I actually saw on satellite during very low water period there was a tiny atoll with a tree growing on it near the middle, a bit South of the point of recovery. And of course, with all that comes some very low colder water spots, drop offs.

Yes, of course. Sheer speculation. I said "drove" but I was speculating that she and the car went into the water pretty quickly since that is presumably the event that caused her phone to go dead. I was just presenting a theory. All JMO of course.

I'm not familiar with Sami's story, Can you elaborate?
Completely understand your theory. It's really all any of us have besides what has come out in msm.

It has been posted here before IIRC but am having trouble finding it right now. I believe it was in the last thread at least.
Where Sami talked about going to Kiely's car to charge phones and chat about the party.

I am struggling to use the website right now, maybe someone can help tell me if it has been posted before.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member