GUILTY CA - Killer targeting the homeless (3 dead, 2 hurt), San Diego, July 2016 *Arrest*

Possible that the killer is someone who knows or knew Padgett well enough to disguise himself in order to resemble him? Might be a safe enough bet that a homeless man with a rep like Padgett's is unlikely to have alibis (though in this case he did, of course).

remember the little boy killed on the res and his mom never faced charges either?

As much skepticism as I have for San Diego area LE (McStay & Rebecca Zahau cases come to mind), I'm not sure this is the guy.

The ears are not the same. The perp in the photo has much larger ears. The nose seems different, too.

San-Diego-Serial-Killer-Attacks-Four-Homeless-People-Kills-Two-in-Four-Days.jpg

As much as I dislike the former DA, he has a point in the quote. Sometime after the last attack and after AP was in custody, I did hear of one homeless man in Mission Valley getting hit on the head and a man was going through his meager belongings. Other than that, the murderous attacks seem to have stopped.

This killer was on a real rampage, including two attacks on July 4th. I'm sure he got a thrill having the whole city in panic. I hope LE can catch him before he makes another move.

Usually, serial killers kill over weeks or months, not over days," Pfingst said. "And this made the police department have to take action much more quickly than they probably would have wished to."

http://www.10news.com/news/friend-o...-wants-justice-for-him-others-targeted-071116

Those ears! Are they even real? :dunno: Good thinking outside the box, Lilibet.

That is a good thought about the ears. My thought was "he looks like he's playing an elf in a summer theater production," but I didn't make the jump to real life disguise. Very real possibility though.

I wonder if they are tailing Padgett now? Or are they 100% sure he's innocent?

I wonder if they are tailing Padgett now? Or are they 100% sure he's innocent?

I don't like it, but I'm feeling like AP is not involved at all. LE doesn't throw around terms like "exculpatory evidence" lightly, imo. If it was just a matter of them not having enough evidence to charge, but expected to get enough shortly, they'd have found *something* to hold him for in the meantime. Jaywalking, loitering, traffic ticket, kwim? Jmo.

That is a good thought about the ears. My thought was "he looks like he's playing an elf in a summer theater production," but I didn't make the jump to real life disguise. Very real possibility though.

I don't think so... Oddly, I know a little about this, lmao. Prosthetic ears are difficult to pull off, almost always extremely obvious. I bet Elliott would be able to tell if the ears were theatrical.

:thinking: Putting some thought into the homeless killer's method of operation. I started remembering back, earlier this year, there were a series of fires started in dumpsters, truck beds, and some close to apartment buildings. A nasty killer, but not always an arsonist M.O. He has stabbed and attacked his victims. He hasn't set them all on fire.

He picks vulnerable homeless men sleeping alone. He hits in the early morning hours. May disguise himself some. Hey, maybe it's a wig under the hat. Comes prepared with gloves, etc., He possibly takes a bus or trolley. Familiar with the city enough because he seems to know where to find his victims and hit undetected.

Did he kill victim #1 first, then go buy the gas can? He came prepared with gloves, but needed to buy his fire starting fuel. Was that attack what he planned that day?

On the 4th of July, he does seem to head towards Ocean Beach, but not for a family picnic...he attacks two that day. Did he stay at the beach that day? He didn't hide his face to the clerk, or on the gas station video. Somebody should have recognized by now.

Where would you find this guy in his everyday life when he's not killing homeless people? What's your thoughts on his M.O.?

Map at bottom of article
http://www.cbs8.com/story/32435731/homeless-man-attacked-by-bicyclist-downtown

San Diego Police ‏@SanDiegoPD · 3h3 hours ago

**CRIME UPDATE** We do not believe this morning's attack at 800 G st. on a homeless man to be related to our recent homicide series.
https://twitter.com/SanDiegoPD?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This article doesn't mention AP at all, but I find it interesting that most news reports still bring him up. LE released him, yet he's oddly not completely off their radar or the public's scrutiny . Excluded, but not from the public's suspicions. Adding to that, there hasn't been anymore attacks that LE relate to the "homeless killer" since his arrest and release. It's hard to look at this with fresh eyes with all the mention of AP, but I think we must. The real killer is still out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203
Back