GUILTY CA - Killer targeting the homeless (3 dead, 2 hurt), San Diego, July 2016 *Arrest*

I doubt they would release him if he wasn't innocent.

Well, I think his safety out there is now jeopardized. The comments on his fb page have been extremely hateful. Not enough evidence gathered yet to charge him? Or is he actually innocent? MOO, this is a big deal.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/32416421/san-diego-homeless-attacks-suspect-released-from-jail

"According to the District Attorney's Office, police have not yet completed their investigation into Anthony Alexander Padgett, so no criminal charges have been filed."

"Authorities said the investigation is ongoing. San Diego police officials were expected to comment on the latest developments in the case at a 3 p.m. news conference."

All I can say is "oh wow".:eek:hwow:

I'm impatiently waiting for the 3 p.m. news conference. Wondering if "Elliot" the store clerk was able to identify Padgett as the man buying the gas can. Wondering if there's problems proving Padgett did anything seeing as the first victim was dead before being set on fire. :confused:

http://www.kusi.com/story/32417959/man-suspected-of-multiple-attacks-on-homeless-to-be-arraigned

Investigators believe Padgett was the suspect seen in surveillance video buying gasoline at a convenience store shortly before the body of the first victim, 53-year-old Angelo De Nardo of San Diego, was found the morning of July 3 in an open area off the 2700 block of Morena Boulevard in Bay Park, said San Diego police Capt. David Nisleit. An autopsy determined that De Nardo died prior to being set on fire.

Press release confirms...they arrested the wrong guy, exculpatory evidence prompted release.

Oops.

maybe a tipster brought Padgett and his former conviction to the attention of LE and they jumped the gun?

To say this is shocking is an understatement...

UPDATE: San Diego police say detectives have uncovered "exculpatory" evidence that left them unable to proceed with a case against Anthony Padgett, who was arrested last week in connection with four attacks on homeless people, three of them fatal.

Padgett has been released.

Police insist they did not make a mistake in arresting Padgett, saying they had sufficient probable cause to take him into custody.
http://www.10news.com/news/man-held-for-homeless-murders-in-court-monday-071016

oh man... I bet they are in CYA and this guy had not been out of the chula vista area and was able to prove it... or had some proof he was elsewhere when the crimes occurred :(

wonder if the perp is gone now.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE PERSON IN THIS PIC AND ON THE VIDEO.
From what I understand from the news conference -- Although, Padgett has a strong resemblance, it is most likely not him. The public is being asked to help.

View attachment 97915

My rough notes on the news conference with Captain David Nisleit reporting:

- Captain Nisleit says there was exculpatory evidence that would exclude Padgett, and the captain didn't feel comfortable going ahead with charging Padgett at this time. The term exculpatory evidence was stressed and used more than several times.

- LE personnel including the crime lab worked constantly Friday, Sat., and Sunday. This case and finding the killer is the #1 priority of the SDPD at this time.

- Mistake? Captain Nisleit felt they couldn't risk not taking Padgett into custody because they had to consider probable cause and his past crime; However, exculpatory evidence makes the captain uncomfortable to keep him in custody.

- All other evidence collected has been exhausted. The person in the video is still the suspect.

- LE needs the PUBLIC'S ASSISTANCE.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exculpatory
The adjective comes from a combination of the prefix ex-, meaning "out of" or "away from," and the Latin noun culpa, which means "blame" or "guilt." Something exculpatory, then, frees one from accusations...

OMG!!! What an unexpected turn of events!

He probably had an alibi?

So the real killer is still about and the poor homeless people will be scared again. They should sleep in shifts, at least one always awake.

As if the homeless don't have enough stuff to worry about already. So sad.

Mod Note:

A.P.'s arrest, as well as his prior arrest record, are a matter of public record. That being the case, the MSM articles that have been previously posted will be allowed to stand. However, all posts that link and/or discuss his social media pages have been removed.

Law enforcement has stated that not only did they decline to charge him, but that his release was prompted by exculpatory evidence. A.P. is no longer to be discussed or sleuthed.

Thanks!

Mod Note:

A.P.'s arrest, as well as his prior arrest record, are a matter of public record. That being the case, the MSM articles that have been previously posted will be allowed to stand. However, all posts that link and/or discuss his social media pages have been removed.

Law enforcement has stated that not only did they decline to charge him, but that his release was prompted by exculpatory evidence. A.P. is no longer to be discussed or sleuthed.

Thanks!
I guess that's fair. Thanks, KayElJay, for keeping us straight.
Yikes.
So. We are to believe San Diego has not one, but two bad guys who set homeless men on fire? Who, coincidentally, look just alike?
This won't be easy.
I will try.

OMG!!! What an unexpected turn of events!

He probably had an alibi?

So the real killer is still about and the poor homeless people will be scared again. They should sleep in shifts, at least one always awake.

It must be one heck of an alibi, imo.

As much skepticism as I have for San Diego area LE (McStay & Rebecca Zahau cases come to mind), I'm not sure this is the guy.

The ears are not the same. The perp in the photo has much larger ears. The nose seems different, too.

San-Diego-Serial-Killer-Attacks-Four-Homeless-People-Kills-Two-in-Four-Days.jpg

I do think in this case SDPD has been doing a great job working all angles to catch this homeless killer. SDPD has earned some of my confidence back by not rushing to ignore that exculpatory evidence, even if it meant some embarrassment. I think SDPD has been doing better in this case by communicating necessary information to keep the homeless safe and get the public to help them catch this killer. I liked the way Captain Nisleit handled that Press Conference.

All just my own opinion.

As much skepticism as I have for San Diego area LE (McStay & Rebecca Zahau cases come to mind), I'm not sure this is the guy.

The ears are not the same. The perp in the photo has much larger ears. The nose seems different, too.

San-Diego-Serial-Killer-Attacks-Four-Homeless-People-Kills-Two-in-Four-Days.jpg
4f7812cbcc9fd31509ff48c850394072.jpg

Not trying to be funny, but he looks alot like Jack Wild with that hat on. (I'm so old)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl