Identified! CA - L.A. Griffith Park, WhtFem 725UFCA, 20-28, @Picnic Table, Jun'68 Cheryl McMillan

RIP Cheryl. I'm glad that her brother can finally bring her home.

It's been a good month for identifying Jane/John Does and finding missing people... I can only hope that this trend continues!

This is such awesome news. I really feared there would never be an ID after all these years. RIP Cheryl.

Unbelievable. Now they need to uncover the mystery surrounding her death.

How an amateur genealogist solved a 48-year-old ‘Jane Doe’ case

bilde
bilde

bilde

Rita Elin Hood of Santa Clarita was on her lunch break in July of this year when she saw the compelling image and story on her former colleague’s Facebook page.

The accountant at Princess Cruises, where Koppelman worked a decade ago, was intrigued that the wedding ring the unidentified woman had been wearing was inscribed with two sets of initials and a date — similar to the wedding ring she wore from her own husband. Hood was also struck by the fact that the date on the inscription — Sept. 4 — happened to be her birthday.

http://www.dailynews.com/article/20161008/NEWS/161009521

Awww what a sad story. Awesome work Carl and Rita!

Wow, amazing story and amazing work, Carl and Rita.

Great read. I'm so thrilled that a case this old was solved. Shows that anything is possible.

Absolutely amazing, tears in my eyes. Major kudos to the both of you..... I feel that divine intervention was at work and Cheryl wanted to be identified.

any word on whether this is anita drake or not? has she been submitted?

(also, urgh. she looks so much donnis, i wonder if it would be worth it to just submit her anyway, despite the eye color...? at least so that they can rule her out.)

Is there anything happening with the potential match?

No. Without dentals, there is nothing that can be done. There is no DNA on GPJD, and no dentals on Anita.

Maybe they will have to either try and find Anita's dental records or exhume the Jane Doe's body to rule Anita out?

They can't exhume. She was cremated.

Well, poop.

It seems like certain identification is an impossibility then. :(

Not only do we now know who GPJD is, it appears that we also know what happened to Anita Drake.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20161114/stark-woman-missing-for-more-than-50-years---or-was-she

Once again FANTASTIC work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's excellent news, and a relatively happy ending, too!
This seems to have be a banner year for identifying and locating mp's, but since I haven't been on WS for a year yet, let me ask, is this a lot?

Yes, it seems that there have been a lot in the last couple of years compared to previous years.

Just amazing! Wonderful work CarlK and Rita! This case was one I was really interested in. I always remembered it because she was wearing a bikini and I thought of the Itsy Bitsy Bikini song.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back