CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 20-30, UP4456, drug overdose, maybe name 'Patty', Dec'75

Pondering about Patricia Blough, missing since 1969, 19 years then, nickname Patty. A mysterious story btw. First they thought they were endangered missing/killed, later the story changed to disappeared voluntary, due to personal problems. Former boyfriend lived in CA at the time. Charley Project has a lot of interesting background info.

UID estimated age between 20 - 30, MP would be 28 in 1975
UID 66 inches, MP 64 inches
UID 111 pounds, MP 115 pounds
UID blondish brown hair (depending on who looks at it, I would say light brown probably) MP brown hair
UID blue/hazel (?, still wondering about that) MP brown
MP no known scars or drug habit

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1966/07/09/page/1/article/police-now-think-missing-trio-ran-off

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10759/0/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/blough_patricia.html

This is her daughter Kim and Patricia Lorraine Gentle has not been found. My Mother had a son that my 2 younger sisters and I never knew about. He was born 16 months before me and my Grandparents made her put him up for adoption. He was adopted by a family in New York. Who he found was us his 3 sisters and we are thrilled but still hoping for some type of closure regarding our Mother.

I don't see where I can share a picture of my mother so I put my profile picture as one of her, this is in 1966 or 1967. My mother's nickname was Patsy.

I don't see where I can share a picture of my mother so I put my profile picture as one of her, this is in 1966 or 1967. My mother's nickname was Patsy.

If you believe this could be your mom, you could contact the investigators on this case, email them a photo of your mother and they could possibly compare her to the ones they have on file for this Jane Doe. I believe they may have some of this "Patty" because she had a recognizable face.
Also, if your mother is still missing, you could start a thread for her on here (if you haven't already).

Oh dear, Siltcoos, I (we) really thought she (Patricia Lorraine Gentle) was found. So good to have you here...What are your feelings, thoughts about this UID, possibly named Patty? I would really like to know your findings when you go along on your search. There was never reported that UID had children, but I'm very skeptic about the autopsy....and LA is not willing to share much.

Hi siltcoos, you could put your mum's picture in your profile as 'avatar'. (like you see an angel when I post) you could also upload the picture in this thread. And of course you could make a thread yourself of her missing in the missing persons forum on Websleuths.

Siltcoos, I would love to have you back on this thread....maybe it is to much for you, or you and your family are looking into this "behind the screens" respect....

I already brought this up before..... Patricia Gomez missing according to her file December 1979.... Would die to know if this missing date was 100% correct....or if she was reported missing much later and memory faded over the years....as date entered in Namus was 01- 30-2016. Charley added on 2004 (with 3 updates afterwards) Doe network not sure....

She was white, with a Spanish surname, name Patricia, nickname Patty....I still have the feeling that this could be our UID....tattoos Huera (white skinned Latino/Mexican girl) and Patty....

Both red clothes.....hmmmmm

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32348

Still no reaction from LE/coroner, no sketch...nothing....

Doe Network page update

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1373ufca.html

1373UFCA - Unidentified Female

cache.php

Date of Discovery: December 21, 1975
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Probable drug overdose

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 111 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond to light brown.
Eye Color: Blue/hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right knee. Tattoos: left wrist - "Huera" & left inner forearm - "Patty".

Identifiers

Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Red sweater, red slacks blue bra, white panties, black socks, black shoes.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent arrived at a friends house at 14:00 on December 21, 1975. She was apparently under the influence of possible narcotics. At 23:30 that night, she began to vomit. The friend summoned medical assistance. When assistance arrived, she was already dead.
She had met a friend at a bar loacted on 9th and Vermont avenues six months before, claiming her name was "Patty."
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512 or 323-343-0754
Agency E-Mail: dmachian(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 7515431

Agency Name: California Department of Justice
Agency Contact Person: Jeannine Willie
Agency Phone Number: 916-227-3405
Agency E-Mail: jeannine.willie(at)doj.ca.gov
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U740006317
NamUs Case Number: 4456
Former Hot Case Number: 1380

Information Source(s)

NamUs

Doe Network page update

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1373ufca.html

1373UFCA - Unidentified Female

cache.php

Date of Discovery: December 21, 1975
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Probable drug overdose

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 111 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond to light brown.
Eye Color: Blue/hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right knee. Tattoos: left wrist - "Huera" & left inner forearm - "Patty".

Identifiers

Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Red sweater, red slacks blue bra, white panties, black socks, black shoes.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent arrived at a friends house at 14:00 on December 21, 1975. She was apparently under the influence of possible narcotics. At 23:30 that night, she began to vomit. The friend summoned medical assistance. When assistance arrived, she was already dead.
She had met a friend at a bar loacted on 9th and Vermont avenues six months before, claiming her name was "Patty."
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512 or 323-343-0754
Agency E-Mail: dmachian(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 7515431

Agency Name: California Department of Justice
Agency Contact Person: Jeannine Willie
Agency Phone Number: 916-227-3405
Agency E-Mail: jeannine.willie(at)doj.ca.gov
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U740006317
NamUs Case Number: 4456
Former Hot Case Number: 1380

Information Source(s)

NamUs

I'm sorry but what was updated about her....nothing I guess...I know this UID stats quit well....was it a telephone number>

No picture available? Strange. Morgue photos should be available (unless some idiot threw them away like trash) :rolleyes:
No DNA available? Where her remains are now? Was she cremated? Really hope not... o_O

No picture available? Strange. Morgue photos should be available (unless some idiot threw them away like trash) :rolleyes:
No DNA available? Where her remains are now? Was she cremated? Really hope not... o_O

I asked CarlK a long time ago if he was in the possesion of the PM photos. He was not and asked for it IIRC, but they didn't want to share it. A lot of Jane and John Does were cremated back then. She probably was. I also tried time and time again to get more information about this Jane Doe, writing to the goverment contact persons, with no results.

I asked CarlK a long time ago if he was in the possesion of the PM photos. He was not and asked for it IIRC, but they didn't want to share it. A lot of Jane and John Does were cremated back then. She probably was. I also tried time and time again to get more information about this Jane Doe, writing to the goverment contact persons, with no results.
Even if you had no results you did a good job anyways Bit of Hope!
Thanks for your reply :)

Thanks for searching... I can see why you thought this could be her. It looks like she (Patricia Gentle) is indeed found in 2008 by her adopted son. Very interesting stuff.
No never found. Her son, given up for adoption at birth did not find her but found her family, including me, Kimberlee Pitman. BTW my 2 sisters and I didn’t even know we had a brother!
CousinKimi formerly Siltcoos

Last edited:
Hi siltcoos, you could put your mum's picture in your profile as 'avatar'. (like you see an angel when I post) you could also upload the picture in this thread. And of course you could make a thread yourself of her missing in the missing persons forum on Websleuths.
This new profile of mine has my Mom's picture as my profile picture.
CousinKimi formerly Siltcoos

Thank you all for your continued support. I am thinking this Jane Doe is more probable to be my mother:
CA - CA - Redondo Beach, WhtFem UP3342, 20-40, at construction site, Aug'01
Someone forwarded my information from this site and I am eternally grateful as I now am in contact with Detective Skipper after he sent me this message through my ancestry account December 30, 2020, just 2 days ago.
Ms. Pitman,
This is Detective Skipper at Redondo Beach Police. I am investigating the Wollacott case. Can you please contact me at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx or provide a number where I can contact you?
Thank you,
John Skipper RBPD

Thank you all for your continued support. I am thinking this Jane Doe is more probable to be my mother:
Someone forwarded my information from this site and I am eternally grateful as I now am in contact with Detective Skipper after he sent me this message through my ancestry account December 30, 2020, just 2 days ago.
Ms. Pitman,
This is Detective Skipper at Redondo Beach Police. I am investigating the Wollacott case. Can you please contact me at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx or provide a number where I can contact you?
Thank you,
John Skipper RBPD

Nice to see you back on WS Kimi, but I'm sorry for the circumstances.
Was a thread ever started for your Mom on here? Is there anything we can help you with?

Ms. Pitman,
Thank you,
John Skipper RBPD

Djee...@CousinKimi....after all this time....so sad if Redondo Beach Jane Doe is really your mother. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back