Identified! CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 40-55, UP16521, struck by car, multiple tattoos, Mar'17 - Nancy Elizabeth Norman

1607UFCA - Unidentified Female
1607UFCA.jpg
1607UFCA6.jpg

Reconstruction of Decedent by Kathleen Pacheco; Footwear and Coat; Tattoos of Left Upper Arm, Left Hip, Lower Back, Right Shoulder, Right Arm.

Date of Discovery: March 14, 2017
Location of Discovery: Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: March 18, 2017
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Struck by a vehicle

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 40-60 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 158 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoos (see photos): left upper arm - cross, rose, "Mark 8/25/78"; left hip - blue winged serpent/dragon; lower back - moon/sun face; right shoulder - yin yang symbol made with pink/blue dolphins; right upper arm - tribal band with sun.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black plaid "Billycoat" (see photo); gray/pink Danskin thong underwear; black/turquoise Avia sneakers, size 9 (see photo);
Jewelry: Thin white metal bangle bracelet with cross hatch design.
Additional Personal Items: Black T-Mobile Android phone, unused with no sim card, contacts, photos, emails, texts, etc.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was struct by an auto while crossing a street. She was transported by ambulance to Huntington Memorial Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries on March 18, 2017.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles County Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Betsy Magdaleno
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512
Agency E-Mail: IDUnit(at)coroner.lacounty.gov
Agency Case Number: 2017-02216

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 16521

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Los Angeles County ME
1607UFCA

Rita Kowalski is a good candidate!

Thanks @Romulus ! I did the rendering for this UID. I believe I forwarded a potential match for Rita, and heard no reply. The Namus page for this unidentified female was last modified on August 24, 2020, and the rule outs list only shows Jaqlin Nelson. I could swear that there were more rule outs listed (available for public viewing). I'm going to have to look through my folders and see if I'm remembering correctly.

Found my folder @Romulus and anyone else that is interested in this case...

April 2017 - I submitted Jaqlin Nelson Namus MP20759 and she was quickly ruled out.
Jan. 2020 - Submitted inquiry of comparison with additional questions (addressing fingerprints, since she a known offender) to LE in charge of Rita Kowalski's case in Michigan. No response.
No changes to Namus rule out list since after April 2017.
Redirected inquiry of potential match to Namus, Allison Oneal.

Has anyone else submitted a potential match for this lady?

She was what they call a real "CARROT TOP", a NATURAL red/strawberry head of hair with check to check freckles with blue or light eyes. Carrot top is not a negative connotation. It is similar to calling someone born with the lightest almost platinum blond hair a "towhead" I have attached photos of carrot tops and their distinctive features. If you look at her actual post mortem photo on NamUs in images, you will see what I am talking about.

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/474x/ff/9e/d9/ff9ed9b4b22a30aa41ccc8444af54be0.jpg

8J5gsRuWGiyWBAGh9

3Ukyu5r2TEW5MbjA7

Last edited:
Can you guys look at this and tell me if you see the resemblance?
MP and UID are very similar in my opinion and I just need some other eyes on it.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Angela Kay Marshky also often listed as: Angela Kay (Marshky) Galyath
Missing March 18, 2012 ; has a son who went up for adoption 12/15/15: ALEXANDER WAYNE MARSHKY father: unknown
Legal Notices
And it looks like her husband died in 2010: Jake is survived by his wife, Angela (Marshky) Galyath; a son and daughter, Jadian Matthew Galyath and Jasmine Hanna Galyath, both of Robinson, IL
Jacob D. Galyath III, 39
This would make her 37 in 2017
Hair matches, even the hairline is similar with the small widows peak in the front, nose is similar, height, weight etc.
Her date of birth is May 29 1979, I can not find a correlation to a Mark...possible father died or older brother?

Please let me know your thoughts

I live locally. This woman grew up here, as did Jacob Galyath. Both have some miscellaneous court stuff, traffic cases and she had a pending shoplifting ordinance violation when she disappeared. A guardianship for her son was entered into in Champaign County in 2010, a couple years before she disappeared. It appears the boy was already residing with a foster family when she went missing and they then adopted him once it was clear she was gone.

I cant access your link to Jacob’s obit. It’s broken. But, I did find this notice: Remembering the life of Jacob Galyath 2010
no children listed here. His mother passed in 2017 Iva Galyath The two children are listed as grandchildren, but I can find nothing that shows that Angela was their mother. Actually, I cannot find anything that specifically shows me that they were legally married or divorced. It could just be that she used the last name for a time. I found an address for her as Angela Gayath in Homer, IL, a Champaign suburb, but no indication he lived there. It appears her son had a different father who wasn’t in the picture. I don’t believe Angela and Jacob shared children.

At any rate, Angela was not homeless or a street person. I don’t see any indication she used drugs or was a drinker. Seems like a typical struggling single mother to me. But, this one has me curious and stumped. There is NO information about how Angela became missing. Either Champaign/Urbana police are being tight lipped to protect evidence or they’re stumped too.

Anybody still got eyes on this case?

I live locally. This woman grew up here, as did Jacob Galyath. Both have some miscellaneous court stuff, traffic cases and she had a pending shoplifting ordinance violation when she disappeared. A guardianship for her son was entered into in Champaign County in 2010, a couple years before she disappeared. It appears the boy was already residing with a foster family when she went missing and they then adopted him once it was clear she was gone.

I cant access your link to Jacob’s obit. It’s broken. But, I did find this notice: Remembering the life of Jacob Galyath 2010
no children listed here. His mother passed in 2017 Iva Galyath The two children are listed as grandchildren, but I can find nothing that shows that Angela was their mother. Actually, I cannot find anything that specifically shows me that they were legally married or divorced. It could just be that she used the last name for a time. I found an address for her as Angela Gayath in Homer, IL, a Champaign suburb, but no indication he lived there. It appears her son had a different father who wasn’t in the picture. I don’t believe Angela and Jacob shared children.

At any rate, Angela was not homeless or a street person. I don’t see any indication she used drugs or was a drinker. Seems like a typical struggling single mother to me. But, this one has me curious and stumped. There is NO information about how Angela became missing. Either Champaign/Urbana police are being tight lipped to protect evidence or they’re stumped too.

Anybody still got eyes on this case?

Because you posted it got my attention again. :) This woman looks a lot like a friend I have from the UK, real red wavy hair and freckles. Her surname is originally from Ireland though. That's why my personal first step would be searching in that direction..somebody with an Irish background/decent......Off course I could be totally off......This Jane Doe must have been a noticeable person in real live, IMO. Very sad nobody came forward and she still isn't identified.

I was thinking about
Joanne Gaye Illerich
Joanne Gaye Illerich – The Charley Project

• Missing Since05/07/1999
  • Missing FromKnights Landing, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth 05/07/1961 <56 in 2017)
  • 5'8 - 5'10, 125 - 145 pounds
  • Caucasian female. Red hair, blue/hazel eyes. Illerich has a scar between her eyes and facial freckles.
I couldn't find any connection with a Mark.. no marriage, or a born son....she would have been 17 in 1978. Maybe she gave birth to a sun and put him up for adoption.....I do not know. In her father's obituary (2007) she is considered to be deceased.

hey, this case brought me here. this is my first post! I also feel like this case is so solvable. I am from Pasadena, CA. It's driving me crazy. I feel like it would take minimal police work to identify her?

I will say this town brings in lots of people not originally from here. there is a large quantity of drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers here. Something like 114. That's the reason I came. There are lots of people disconnected from their families for long periods of times. I don't know if this is significant.

Last edited:
I know the age is off, but the tattoo is really similar? doe network
View attachment 396782
Welcome to websleuths!

I personally think there are too many differences between this doe and Nicole (age, height, weight, geographic location, tattoos - the doe has a multitude) for this to be a match.

That’s a great insight about the number of rehab centres in the area. It may be that this doe was sadly never reported missing if she was living a transient/addict life at the time.

1607UFCA is identified on Doe Network as Nancy Norman. Little info on how this was solved yet - just a link on the update to the official coroner’s site (second link) with her name and basic info like dob.​

1607UFCA

Attachments

• B2293B0D-4932-4C2A-9DAC-426EA6C7C960.png
    B2293B0D-4932-4C2A-9DAC-426EA6C7C960.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads