Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

I just called the Coroner, yes this was Lucas's body. Thanks to those who posted this here.

As much as I didn't want this to be him, some closure is certainly welcome as well. I had no idea how many emotions constantly swirl around your mind when a beloved friend is missing in a situation like this.

I'm so sad to hear this, and am sorry for your loss. As you said, closure is about the only possible upside.

I just called the Coroner, yes this was Lucas's body. Thanks to those who posted this here.

As much as I didn't want this to be him, some closure is certainly welcome as well. I had no idea how many emotions constantly swirl around your mind when a beloved friend is missing in a situation like this.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Lucas seems like a unique soul who touched many lives.

So sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace. My condolences.

Very sad...my condolences to KKF, her kids, and all his family and friends. We are all different people at baseline and we all grieve in our own ways. I think an important thing to always remember is that these are real people and maybe one seemed to be acting unusual but I don’t think it was ‘wrong’.

nice to meet you all; wish had been under better circumstances.

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine how it feels to lose someone among these circumstances. May his family and friends find comfort.

Are we assuming then that his neighbour was mistaken in his perception that Lucas got out of the water then? Or are there other possible theories?

IKR...what did happen?
Was he high and decided to see how far he could swim? A dare of some kind?

**not insinuating that that is something he would do...

I have a very hard time believing Lucas willingly jumped into the water for a late night swim (regardless of his athletic abilities). This was a super smart guy who spent a ton of time outdoors and lived on a boat. I’ve gotta assume he also knew quite a bit about boating and hypothermia. According to NCEI, the water temperature was 53 degrees on December 21.

I have a very hard time believing Lucas willingly jumped into the water for a late night swim (regardless of his athletic abilities). This was a super smart guy who spent a ton of time outdoors and lived on a boat. I’ve gotta assume he also knew quite a bit about boating and hypothermia. According to NCEI, the water temperature was 53 degrees on December 21.
It is all very strange.

CELEBRATING LUCAS
Lucas Howell Horan
(February 21, 1981 - January 11, 2021)

an unconventional service
for an unconventional human

JOIN US
January 17, 2021 at 11:30 PST
at your local mountain peak

for a minute of silence
to honor Lucas’ joy-filled legacy
ONESIES HIGHLY ENCOURAGED :)