CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

Just to play devil's advocate, if Dia were still alive and voluntarily disappeared due to the financial antics of her children and fear of her son, (and if Harper and Feder are working on her behalf) would she end up better off financially now than she would have fared facing off with her children? I've been away from the case for a while and can't remember all of the details, but I seem to recall she feared losing her ranch. I also read recent posts stating Harper got 300k per year as Trustee. I was just thinking that there have been some strange and stupid antics in this case that would be foolish if you actually murdered someone, but could be seen as a diversion tactic (Harper going to NM shortly after Dia went missing) or simply getting things that Dia wanted and thought of later (Fedder breaking in and taking things). So I'm just wondering how this shakes out financially as it seems really strange that Dia would change her Will so shortly before her disappearance as she didn't strike me as that naive from what I've seen and it is almost too obvious that Harper and Fedder would be suspect and I just don't get the feeling they are that stupid either. What if they knew they would be suspects but would never be convicted because Dia is still alive? Maybe Dia made it worth their while to create a diversion while she got away while making sure she would still get money from her estate through H. Maybe getting away from her family was the important thing, and Harper now gets a significant portion of her estate money free and clear which could be diverted back to Dia while he earned 300k per year since her disappearance.

Fedder has some interesting connections as I recall, and Dia expressed a fear of bodily harm --and perhaps fear for her life -- from her son. What if her son suspects that she not only voluntarily disappeared and got away from him but also outsmarted him vis a vis the inheritance? Presumably, her children would have expected to inherit her entire estate in the event of her death, but with Harper in the picture they get half to split among themselves, minus attorney fees and the cost of private investigations plus Harper's salary, lol. If I'm right I've gotta hand it to her...
That would be a nice theory. Calculating KH's $300k+ includes billing 24/hours a day of work since the day Dia disappeared while paying no rent to live at a 120 acre ranch with a mansion on it. I don't think any judge will buy that or his side of the story as he has been kicked out as over perjury in court for trying to sell the house for millions without any ownership of it. That is why he is off the property now - evicted. I don't think Dia would have chosen such a person to handle her affairs knowing he would be the top suspect (as he himself admits). Its a nice thought, but extremely doubtful. Dia might have been able to be fooled for a moment allowing this to happen but she wasn't stupid. She was coerced into signing those documents and its no coincidence that once she signed everything she owned over, to KH and DF, two weeks later she was worth more dead than alive.

That would be a nice theory. Calculating KH's $300k+ includes billing 24/hours a day of work sincere the day Dia disappeared while paying no rent to live at a 120 acre ranch with a mansion on it. I don't think any judge will buy that or his side of the story as he has been kicked out as over perjury in court for trying to sell the house for millions without any ownership of it. That is why he is off the property now - evicted. I don't think Dia would have chosen such a person to handle her affairs knowing he would be the top suspect (as he himself admits). Its a nice thought, but extremely doubtful. Dia might have been able to be fooled for a moment allowing this to happen but she wasn't stupid. She was coerced into signing those documents and its no coincidence that once she signed everything she owned over, to KH and DF, two weeks later she was worth more dead than alive.
I wasn't suggesting that a judge would ever hear this story (unless she suddenly showed up alive of course), or that if she signed the papers and was murdered that she would have been stupid. I said i didn't think she appeared that naive, and even if she were, surely she had her attorney advising her. As far as I am aware she is still considered a missing person and neither Harper nor Fedder has been charged with anything, so I'm just looking from a different angle, however wild. I know nothing about the real lives of the uber-rich, but this doesn't seem completely out of the realm of possibility :)

I wasn't suggesting that a judge would ever hear this story (unless she suddenly showed up alive of course), or that if she signed the papers and was murdered that she would have been stupid. I said i didn't think she appeared that naive, and even if she were, surely she had her attorney advising her. As far as I am aware she is still considered a missing person and neither Harper nor Fedder has been charged with anything, so I'm just looking from a different angle, however wild. I know nothing about the real lives of the uber-rich, but this doesn't seem completely out of the realm of possibility :)
Gotcha. No worries, I did not mean to come-across rude or dismissive in any way. All ideas are good ideas. Thank you for your input. We are all pulling for answers on this one and are therefore on the same team.

Gotcha. No worries, I did not mean to come-across rude or dismissive in any way. All ideas are good ideas. Thank you for your input. We are all pulling for answers on this one and are therefore on the same team.
No problem. My wording could have been better because I went on in the same sentence to say that Harper's and Fedder's actions might be considered stupid or foolish if they had committed murder and were trying to get away with with.

Does anyone know how Dia came to know Harper and Fedder? Surely they're not from the La Jolla world. Was Fedder local to Idyllwild?

No problem. My wording could have been better because I went on in the same sentence to say that Harper's and Fedder's actions might be considered stupid or foolish if they had committed murder and were trying to get away with with.

Does anyone know how Dia came to know Harper and Fedder? Surely they're not from the La Jolla world. Was Fedder local to Idyllwild?
About Fedder ... from The Valley Voice (Jan 2019) (have the pdf; can't find the link):

Our own GVPOA Board Secretary is one busy lady!

Following her love for the country, outdoor life, and man’s best friends, Diana moved to Garner Valley three years ago from Temecula, encouraged by friends in Garner Valley.

Diana is enjoying an early retirement as a U.S. Secret Service Special Agent who worked in financial crimes including the protection of world leaders and the President. She experienced the loss of her husband, a Marine Master-Sergeant, Explosive Ordinance Disposal, killed in Afghanistan.

Jumping into a plethora of civic activities here in Garner Valley, in addition to being elected to our Board Of Directors, Diana is probably best known for her initiation of the popular local “Nextdoor Digest,” which she presently monitors and edits. She is active as Chief Financial Officer of Paying It Forward, which helps Veterans with V.A. Claims, volunteers with Retrievers & Friends with primary responsibility of Home interviews for pet placements, started our GV Neighborhood Watch program, initiated the GV Youth Group, organizing local activities such as movie night, camping, etc. so local youth do not have to leave the mountain. She is also an active Officer of American Legion Riders, riding her own motorcycle! She recently started a riding group for Garner Valley, the GV Iron Horse Riders.

Well if that is not enough, Diana decided to return to school for Accounting/Bookkeeping, which she recently completed.

Community oriented volunteerism in helping others, being the focus of Diana’s new life, makes her a most valuable addition to our close knit community. You are sure to encounter Diana sooner or later in your daily Garner Valley life.
This places her arrival at 2015. IIRC, this was just after Clinton's alleged attempt to kill her in the hospital.

Coincidental relationship, given Clem's history of real estate development around La Jolla? (Because, as they say, you never really retire from the service – although I'm certain real estate development in SOCAL is free of corruption ...)

Attachments

• Diana Fedder (GV Newsletter 2019-01).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
@sleuther007, great post,

IMHO, its a stretch to put Diane Fedder and the son as partners (if that is what you are implying - I apologize if I am misunderstanding), it doesn't make much sense given both person's comments to the media and that Keith Harper and Diane Fedder were both together on the documents two weeks prior to Dia's disappearance and Diane Fedder's consistent accusations against the son. It makes much more sense to me that Keith Harper and Diane Fedder were working together. I don't see how the son would benefit if KH is the power of attorney and beneficiary and Diane Fedder is a power of attorney and beneficiary too. I am open to hearing more about this theory, it can't hurt to explore it and I might not be understanding.

On the "poisoning allegation," it was made by Keith Harper on a court document that was posted on here that also has him claiming that the mortgages were paid up by him, when there were exhibits of bank documents showing that they weren't paid at the time he made that claim. We know he lies. He lied on that very same court filing where he made that accusation. This is the same person who placed a $10,000 "for Dia's safe return." That strikes me as an odd way to phrase a reward. Of course his criminal history of abusing women doesn't help his credibility either. Also, his non-existent "law-enforcement background." Also, the pictures of the donkey's at Dia's looking abused after he said Dia wanted to leave the property as a non-profit "burrow farm" in his interview. Any statements made by him should be taken with a major grain of salt. I am sure I am missing a lot of lies, those are just some that I remember.

Either way the $300k reward is calling everyone's bluff, if any are involved, so credit to KH for agreeing to it.

That GV News PDF is great. It has always been my opinion that Diane Fedder is behind the whole thing. She is the only one smart enough to me. That she was "neighborhood watch" and has lots of LE contacts having been in the secret service, makes her behavior interesting, to say the least, before and after Dia went missing. Where is she advocating for her good friend these days? If she was neighborhood watch and secret service wouldn't she warn Dia that she might be keeping bad company and wouldn't KH be on her radar being a sex-offender and not-registered? He was also arrested for not registering as a sex-offender. How could this not be known by Diane Fedder? DF then spent the nights at Dia's after she went missing, alone with Keith Harper. There could be an explanation for this, I don't know, but that such seemingly opposite people (a multiple convicted criminal/sex-offender and a "neighborhood watch" law enforcement secret service special agent") end up on all of the same documents two weeks before Dia goes missing doesn't add up in my humble opinion.

@sleuther007, great post,

IMHO, its a stretch to put Diane Fedder and the son as partners (if that is what you are implying - I apologize if I am misunderstanding), it doesn't make much sense given both person's comments to the media and that Keith Harper and Diane Fedder were both together on the documents two weeks prior to Dia's disappearance and Diane Fedder's consistent accusations against the son. It makes much more sense to me that Keith Harper and Diane Fedder were working together. I don't see how the son would benefit if KH is the power of attorney and beneficiary and Diane Fedder is a power of attorney and beneficiary too. I am open to hearing more about this theory, it can't hurt to explore it and I might not be understanding.

On the "poisoning allegation," it was made by Keith Harper on a court document that was posted on here that also has him claiming that the mortgages were paid up by him, when there were exhibits of bank documents showing that they weren't paid at the time he made that claim. We know he lies. He lied on that very same court filing where he made that accusation. This is the same person who placed a $10,000 "for Dia's safe return." That strikes me as an odd way to phrase a reward. Of course his criminal history of abusing women doesn't help his credibility either. Also, his non-existent "law-enforcement background." Also, the pictures of the donkey's at Dia's looking abused after he said Dia wanted to leave the property as a non-profit "burrow farm" in his interview. Any statements made by him should be taken with a major grain of salt. I am sure I am missing a lot of lies, those are just some that I remember.

Either way the $300k reward is calling everyone's bluff, if any are involved, so credit to KH for agreeing to it.

That GV News PDF is great. It has always been my opinion that Diane Fedder is behind the whole thing. She is the only one smart enough to me. That she was "neighborhood watch" and has lots of LE contacts having been in the secret service, makes her behavior interesting, to say the least, before and after Dia went missing. Where is she advocating for her good friend these days? If she was neighborhood watch and secret service wouldn't she warn Dia that she might be keeping bad company and wouldn't KH be on her radar being a sex-offender and not-registered? He was also arrested for not registering as a sex-offender. How could this not be known by Diane Fedder? DF then spent the nights at Dia's after she went missing, alone with Keith Harper. There could be an explanation for this, I don't know, but that such seemingly opposite people (a multiple convicted criminal/sex-offender and a "neighborhood watch" law enforcement secret service special agent") end up on all of the same documents two weeks before Dia goes missing doesn't add up in my humble opinion.
Thanks, but no – I wasn't considering DF and son to be partnering up. Quite the opposite.
MOO
One of my thoughts (albeit they play out like a made for TV movie) was that DF "came on the scene" as part of an investigation in Clem's (and now Clinton's/Crisara's) business. Her husband having just died, I can see someone in the agency approaching her to put her shoes back on to investigate this as a way to take her mind off things; a relatively low key but potentially important case. DF then "befriends" Dia and after a while offers her a deal of sorts if she testifies. That level of involvement could also explain the lack of information and headway coming out of local LE (as could your earlier assertion of DF having a relationship with one of them. Perhaps they're related?). At first I thought Dia's disappearance was a cover for her being taken into protective custody / witness protection. If attention is on KH, so much the better. I very much doubt that is true, now.

If the allegation about Clinton at the hospital is true, that could've been an impetus for DH's arrival (the timing works). Perhaps Dia in her way sought something like that out (feeling her life was now being directly threatened). Was her abduction linked to it (as in, the investigation became known and the targets tried to derail it/her)?; an attempt at coercion over the Trust challenge gone wrong (as I suspect)?; something to do with the grow op at Sky High?; something unrelated, making everything we know a red herring? I had hopes they would find something when they were exploring Hemet Lake, but that's unfortunately not (yet?) come to anything.

In respect to DH, I won't go back and forth over the KH credibility angle despite some certainly being eye-brow raising. I have difficulty in seeing the two of them intentionally colluding, some of the reasons being what you've presented.

I can not access either link that you posted - can you give or someone a 10% synopsis on it? TIA! :)

...asking...probate judge to award him $494,298 for managing Abrams' estate over 43 months...Harper billed his labor at $25 per hour, and subtracted monthly rent...at $ 1500.00/month...

Harper also claimed he loaned the estate trust $257,798 in personal funds.
A hearing on Harper’s motion for payment is set for April 23 in Palm Springs probate court department PS3.

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/ranch-hand-wants-money-from-estate-of-missing-woman/509-53ede518-3e1d-419f-a153-4591e1dc988d

...asking...probate judge to award him $494,298 for managing Abrams' estate over 43 months...Harper billed his labor at $25 per hour, and subtracted monthly rent...at $ 1500.00/month...

Harper also claimed he loaned the estate trust $257,798 in personal funds.
A hearing on Harper’s motion for payment is set for April 23 in Palm Springs probate court department PS3.

www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/ranch-hand-wants-money-from-estate-of-missing-woman/509-53ede518-3e1d-419f-a153-4591e1dc988d

Thank you!! :)

Hearing continued for 90 days.

07/29/2024 08:45 AMHearing on Subsequent Miscellaneous Petition filed by KEITH HARPER at 8:45 AM in Department PS3
---------------QUESTIONS---------------
Question reasonableness of the requested trustee's fees - alleges to have worked every day, for 10 hours per day, for 43 months.
Question whether the court wishes to require additional details regarding the trustee's fees (e.g. when services were performed, how much time spend on each task etc.)
Question payments of club fees for Planet Fitness (benefit to the trust?), returned deposit items in disbursements, and personal withdrawals

Attachments

• continue - Copy.pdf
    376.9 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member