CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope your son and his family are OK!
Thank You for your concern. I wonder if having all this Covid virus going on makes it harder for the LE agencies. It's been so hot and there's all the fires going on in California.

Dia is still missing. Sometimes I wishfully think she took off on her own decision, but I guess it's doubtful. What do you think?

I wanted to correct / edit my own post, but wasn't able to after 60 minutes. I said irrevocable, but I believe it was a revocable UAD trust. It seems it had something to do with changing it to owner occupied. For refinancing?
It's a UDT (revocable) trust:
ABRAMS DIA KENSHALO TRUST UDT 12/16/2016
Account Summary
Dia moved properties that she previously owned outside of her trust into her trust.

Here's one of my recent posts from the other thread in case it helps in general:

The following is an update of some of the information we have, along with some of my own observations. All bolding is mine.
Dia Kenshalo Abrahms
“Scar on lower back from hip to hip, surgical scar on abdomen”
-the very long scar on her back does not say surgical
- the clothing description does not match the clothing in the missing person flyer in the following article
The date of this article is June 18, 2020:
Friends and family of missing woman remain hopeful | Valley News
According to family, she went missing from her secluded ranch on Apple Canyon Road in Mountain Center around 2 p.m. Saturday, June 6.”
Abrams was heading toward the Garner Valley area…”
“Although the sheriff’s search and investigation is still ongoing, Dia has been formally declared a missing person,” Diana Souza said. “
We would like everyone to know that they all are safe and being well cared for.”

The article does not say that the family spoke directly with the reporter, although they may have. It appears to me that Diana Souza was speaking on behalf of the family. Since law enforcement hasn’t confirmed the time Dia went missing we don’t know if that time is correct. We have not heard anything directly from the family.

Diana Souza appears to be the current Air BnB host for Dia’s 2 properties:
-Bonita Vista Ranch Bed & Breakfast/Main House, the Rustic 1930’s Cabin, and the 2 Cozy Cabins are all within the Ranch property.
-The name of the property that is not the ranch is now called “Garner Valley Mountain Retreat”. IIRC it was previously called “Garner Valley Area”.
Diana appears to have updated the site.
Listings from Diana

Rustic 1930’s Cabin: “Owner lives on property in the main house...”
Rustic 1930's Cabin in the Mountains - Cabins for Rent in Mountain Center, California, United States

BVR B&B/Main House: “*Please note that your host lives in the home but in a room separate away from the others.” “Bonita Vista Ranch was built in the 1930's beginning with the "1930's Rustic Cabin". Later, Bonita Vista Ranch House was constructed.” Bonita Vista Ranch House = BVR B&B/Main House
Https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/44075475?source_impression_id=p3_1597456574_mOIsOsZeD+gIk+Vi

From Riverside County Assessor-Clerk-Recorder
The Bonita Vista Ranch, 115-116 acres total, appears to be made up of 2 parcels of land:

The 1st parcel (567190002) is 35.13 acres. This parcel contains 2 residential structures. One built in 1945 (the Main House above), and the other in 1960 (where I think Dia lived as it's not on the Air BnB list).
The 1930’s Cabin is not listed and I don’t know why, but it doesn’t seem important.

The 2nd parcel (567260003) is 80 acres. There are no residential structures listed.

I can’t post a link directly to the parcels on this web site. The easiest way to view the parcels is to enter 58111 Bonita Vista Road into the search box at this main web site. (entering parcel numbers doesn’t work well).
-This will bring up the 1st parcel.
-The 2nd parcel is the rectangular parcel on the map immediately below it, so then click on that one:
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder - Property and Recent Sales Viewer

Dia owns both parcels through her trust.
(if these links default to the main search site over time then put the above parcel #s into the PIN search space):
Parcel 1:
Account Summary
Parcel 2:
Account Summary

Was the Ranch sold on June 18, 2020 ?

Sale of the residential ranch property on June 18, 2020 ?
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®

Sale of both parcels on June 18,2020 ?
Scroll down to “Transfer History”
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation
Value History
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation
Value History

Looks like it's only between Dia and Dia's Trust on June 18th

Self-Service

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence that Diana spoke with Valley News on June 18th or not. Did they call her, or did she call them?

Thanks. It helped some, but I feel in over my head trying to grasp what this has to do with Dia being missing. All along I've worried she met with foul play and more so now. I hope all her friends and true loved ones speak up about what they know if they suspect someone did her harm.

What Does UDT Stand for in a Trust?
"UDT is an abbreviation for “under declaration of trust,” which is the legal language used in some trust instruments to indicate that the grantor is both creating the trust and controlling its assets. When a trust is created under declaration of trust, the grantor and the trustee are the same party. Most personal trusts are trusts under agreement, or "UA," in which the grantor and the trustee are different parties."

I wanted to correct / edit my own post, but wasn't able to after 60 minutes. I said irrevocable, but I believe it was a revocable UAD trust. It seems it had something to do with changing it to owner occupied. For refinancing?
View attachment 260584
This was checked.
View attachment 260585
MOO, there's got to be some connection to Dia making these legal changes and her disappearance 15 days later. What was her intentions making these changes?

MOO and BBM
It's a UDT (revocable) trust:
ABRAMS DIA KENSHALO TRUST UDT 12/16/2016
Account Summary
Dia moved properties that she previously owned outside of her trust into her trust.

I thought that is what I said in my post. Look at the attachments as one says it was being changed to owner occupied. What was the reason for that?
upload_2020-8-19_22-44-44-png.260585

MOO, it's very confusing having so much info about the properties without any conclusion as to how it relates to Dia being missing. I see property taxes were paid in Dec. and April 2020 on 35 acres, but so what. What does it mean? What is the revelation?

Can't see the forest for the trees means too much attention to details can blind you to the real facts.

I thought that is what I said in my post. Look at the attachments as one says it was being changed to owner occupied. What was the reason for that?
upload_2020-8-19_22-44-44-png.260585

MOO, it's very confusing having so much info about the properties without any conclusion as to how it relates to Dia being missing. I see property taxes were paid in Dec. and April 2020 on 35 acres, but so what. What does it mean? What is the revelation?

Can't see the forest for the trees means too much attention to details can blind you to the real facts.
OK, I see what you're talking about now. From the numbering on the pages of the transfer documents it looks like it's related to the Ranch. However, I think it could be referring to 28893 Bonita Vista Rd as it appears to be a mobile home on 5 acres of land.
"Property Overview - 28893 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 is a mobile home built in 1987."
28893 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®
"Residential Dwelling Unit means a building or structure or part of a building or structure that is used for a home or residence by one or more persons who maintain a household. It also means a mobile home regardless of ownership of the land."
Residential Dwelling Unit | legal definition of Residential Dwelling Unit by Law Insider

If it is, however, related to the Ranch then perhaps it was purchased as a vacation (or other) property and was not considered owner occupied. So for the transfer to the trust Dia changed the status as it is now (or was) owner occupied.

As far as taxes and other financial information goes.....
Dia's husband was a heavy hitter in real estate development and investment. I don't know how much, if at all, Dia was involved in his business dealings. But she seems to be rather savvy herself. She was outed by the media as a "millionaire". It made sense to me to start looking into the Ranch property and financial related matters that are public record. It made sense to me to try to understand how the Ranch is set up, what other property Dia owns, and what's going on financially. (I found out she had a trust prior to the recent transfer of property reveal). I think a money and/or property related matter could be the reason for her disappearance. So I've been searching for clues. And I don't think it makes it more confusing.

Yes it seems odd to most people that Dia's Facebook account does not reveal personal matters/photos of family and her fiance. However, she may have created it for the sole purpose of sharing her interests with others. As she got to be "friends" with people online then she may have felt comfortable sharing personal information through private messages (or not).

"Heavy hitters" may not open up their personal lives for the public to view. At that level business dealings could be compromised. And that could be a reason why the family is so quiet too. It's possible the family continues to be heavy hitters in the real estate development and investment arena, and may want to keep personal matters as private as possible. That area of business is very public and can undergo a lot of scrutiny to get projects completed. The public may be invited to voice opinions on proposals.

As far as the fiance staying quiet......perhaps his private life has taken on more scrutiny than he cares for & decided it was best to avoid the media.

And I'll just add that IF the statement about real property changing to owner occupied does refer to the mobile home then maybe Dia was going to live on that property for a while.
Why? Because it appears that the buildings on the Ranch, other than the one that Dia appears to live in, are being rented out via Air BnB. And, my speculation, maybe for income purposes Dia needed to have her residence on the Ranch rented out too.

Was/is the mobile home vacant? Was/is there a renter? Would a renter (especially if long-term) be upset if they were told they had to move? Maybe, maybe not.

MOO, seems like there can only be so many ways and possibilities of how Dia ended up disappeared. I'm going to try to imagine all the possibilities here, but it's just speculation. Please feel free to add any too.
  • Dia could've left on her own accord to escape something,
  • She could have gotten hurt or lost on an unexpected walk on a road or her property without her dog or belongings.
  • Hit by a car along the road and then body hidden.
  • She could have been abducted by some stranger or psycho criminal, or someone with some unknown motive. And held captive or killed.
  • Harmed by someone close to her for personal reasons like a spouse, lover, boyfriend, or even a secret lover or one of her staff or a farm hand.
  • If Dia's disappearance is money related then it seems it'd be some one that can get their hands on her money if she dies. Possibly some one who would stand to inherit. Just speculating now that it seems that would have to be someone in her Family, or in a Trust Fund or Will, or perhaps a business associate or someone who wanted her share in a venture.

Oops --- DBM

Last edited:
MOO, seems like there can only be so many ways and possibilities of how Dia ended up disappeared. I'm going to try to imagine all the possibilities here, but it's just speculation. Please feel free to add any too.
  • She could have gotten hurt or lost on an unexpected walk on a road or her property without her dog or belongings.
  • She could have been abducted by some stranger or psycho criminal, or someone with some unknown motive. And held captive or killed.
  • Harmed by someone close to her for personal reasons like a spouse, lover, boyfriend, or even a secret lover or one of her staff or a farm hand.
  • If Dia's disappearance is money related then it seems it'd be some one that can get their hands on her money if she dies. Possibly some one who would stand to inherit. Just speculating now that it seems that would have to be someone in her Family, or in a Trust Fund or Will, or perhaps a business associate or someone who wanted her share in a venture.
• Was tricked into thinking there was an emergency at one of her other properties, and that someone was on their way to pick her up. She ran out of the Ranch without her personal belongings and got into a vehicle and was driven off.

SPECULATION: Maybe received a text from a burner phone at ~2:00 pm from a person impersonating someone she knew. Text indicated there was an emergency at her property in the Garner Valley area (animal or property emergency?). Text said someone was driving to her Ranch, and almost there to pick her up and drive her over. She ran out of the Ranch without her belongings and got into the vehicle. But was not driven to the property.

The ~2:00 pm time put forth by the family must come from somewhere that LE can substantiate I would think.
Sometimes LE says foul play is not suspected when it really is.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to imagine all the possibilities here, but it's just speculation. Please feel free to add any too.
• Dia drove to the Garner Valley area at ~2:00 pm, met with foul play, and her vehicle (with her keys and whatever else she may have brought with her) was later returned to the Ranch.

Another aspect of the last point: possibly another person with monetary interest disagreed over how the property/money was being managed and the quarrel turned violent. Dia's body subsequently hidden somewhere on the property.

In the upper left corner, it says "Lien release" and has reference to a loan number. I think all that happened is that there was a mortgage or other lien against the property that was paid off, and this was the final paperwork.
1) The Lien release (the first document) is for the property at 28893 Bonita Vista Rd (where the mobile home is located).
2) The Garner Valley Property Owners Association has/had a lien ("notice of delinquent assessment") on 36581 Tool Box Spring Rd. This property is listed for sale.
If you scroll down to Financial Considerations it reads,
Association Fee:
$650
Assoc Fee Freq.: Monthly
Assoc Fee /Month:
$54
36581 Tool Box Spring Road Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - MLS 219040600 - Coldwell Banker
3) The ownership category of 58111 appears to have been changed from "residential dwelling" to "owner-occupier" (meaning, I think, that it is now considered as her primary residence).
4) A total of 5 properties owned by Dia (the 3 above plus 2 land only parcels) were transferred from ownership in her name to ownership under her UDT (revocable) Trust.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf

1) The Lien release (the first document) is for the property at 28893 Bonita Vista Rd (where the mobile home is located).
2) The Garner Valley Property Owners Association has/had a lien ("notice of delinquent assessment") on 36581 Tool Box Spring Rd. This property is listed for sale.
If you scroll down to Financial Considerations it reads,
Association Fee: $650
Assoc Fee Freq.: Monthly
Assoc Fee /Month: $54
36581 Tool Box Spring Road Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - MLS 219040600 - Coldwell Banker
3) The ownership category of 58111 appears to have been changed from "residential dwelling" to "owner-occupier" (meaning, I think, that it is now considered as her primary residence).
4) A total of 5 properties owned by Dia (the 3 above plus 2 land only parcels) were transferred from ownership in her name to ownership under her UDT (revocable) Trust.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf
Google says:

Why would you want a revocable trust?

Ensures privacy:
The main purpose for a revocable trust is to avoid probate, the legal process of distributing assets of a decedent at death. ... The trust document can be amended an unlimited number of times, so the distribution of assets can be changed as the grantor ages or additional assets are acquired.Aug 7, 2015

Also,
What does UDT mean in a trust?

under declaration of trust

UDT is an abbreviation for “under declaration of trust,” which is the legal language used in some trust instruments to indicate that the grantor is both creating the trust and controlling its assets. When a trust is created under declaration of trust, the grantor and the trustee are the same party.

Clear as mud. IMO

Google says:

Why would you want a revocable trust?

Ensures privacy:
The main purpose for a revocable trust is to avoid probate, the legal process of distributing assets of a decedent at death. ... The trust document can be amended an unlimited number of times, so the distribution of assets can be changed as the grantor ages or additional assets are acquired.Aug 7, 2015

Also,
What does UDT mean in a trust?

under declaration of trust

UDT is an abbreviation for “under declaration of trust,” which is the legal language used in some trust instruments to indicate that the grantor is both creating the trust and controlling its assets. When a trust is created under declaration of trust, the grantor and the trustee are the same party.

Clear as mud. IMO
Yes, the language is confusing! But the idea behind it seems to make sense.
Avoiding probate sounds like a good thing. If it is considered a 'living trust' then it also remains private:
"A living trust is not subject to probate, and therefore, all provisions of the trust will remain private."
Living Trusts - The Law Offices of John E. Trommald, APC Estate Planning
"Living Trust. A term commonly used to describe a Revocable Trust." - on page 5
https://www.ialawfirm.com/docs/ARAG_Guidebook_Revocable_Trust.pdf

What Does UDT Stand for in a Trust?
Impact
"A grantor setting up a personal trust should consider the advantages and disadvantages of creating a trust using UDT. Under a UDT trust, the grantor, as trustee, is allowed to alter the terms of the trust and change its beneficiaries. The trust’s assets will also bypass probate when the grantor dies. This type of arrangement, known as a revocable trust, has several drawbacks. It provides no protection for the trust assets, leaving them subject to legal judgments and other claims against the grantor. A revocable trust also will not shield the trust's assets from estate taxes. By naming an independent trustee, the grantor can ensure that the trust's assets will not be subject to estate tax. By creating an irrevocable trust, the grantor may also be able to reduce or legally avoid certain income and capital gain taxes, depending on how the trust is structured."
BBM

Another aspect of the last point: possibly another person with monetary interest disagreed over how the property/money was being managed and the quarrel turned violent. Dia's body subsequently hidden somewhere on the property.
SPECULATION: Maybe Dia went to the Garner Valley area without her fiance knowing (maybe an issue was brought to her attention after they had lunch, or she just didn't mention it to him). Maybe she was still there when her fiance texted her. Maybe she then returned to the Ranch, parked her vehicle, and someone was waiting for her in or near her home. If no one else was nearby on the property at that time to run to perhaps she ran to get away from that person and headed out the Ranch gate. Maybe that person caught up with her and knocked her unconscious, put her in their vehicle (assuming it was parked outside the Ranch), and drove away.
I suggest this because they searched the Ranch. But of course that doesn't mean they couldn't have missed her (the Ranch is so big).

Last edited:
Well, you make me wonder where somebody would hide the body if they did her fatal harm. This is a long post. I'm having all kinds of thoughts trying to figure out how it happened after reading your posts.

Her fiancé said LE did a thorough search. I also read there were searches on foot and on horseback, and using dogs (hounds) to search. There's a body of water on the property and wells. Did they really search everyplace? She hasn't shown up on those 116 acres and it's been almost two months now. :(

Did LE confirm the timeline the fiancé gave them? Did they go through her phone? If she was really planning to drive to San Diego or La Jolla after lunch with bf, then how come he didn't know about it or mention it in interview? Was he working somewhere on the property? It seems there's several timeline stories and I wonder if LE knows which one to go by.

If she took her dog with her everyplace even to the mailbox, then why was the dog and all Dia's belongings left in the house?

LE would need to figure out if anyone had a motive. Then, I would think they'd investigate possible suspects and check out their alibis. There's got to be some clues! Don't let someone get away with this please.
... Maybe that person caught up with her and knocked her unconscious, put her in their vehicle (assuming it was parked outside the Ranch), and drove away...
Yes, that's possible. Someone could have tricked her out of the house and disappeared her in a few minutes. That's why I hope LE is figuring out any motives. This may have been planned for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77