CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO This (along with the other items not taken ... purse; phone; truck) would suggest that she was at home and was essentially "answering the door". Someone known (or familiar enough) to Dia? Abduction followed. Understood that KH's assertion that he would have likely seen anyone coming in through the gate makes this scenario problematical. Perhaps they entered from the other gate (which, I believe it was inferred, was usually kept locked).

The cell phone data remains key in my mind for better establishing likely timelines and/or sequence of events.

That's the problem. We have to believe KH. We only have hearsay to determine when and how Dia went missing. Most of the unconfirmed story comes from KH, with some cinnamon rolls Dia supposedly made that morning thrown in from the son's story, We don't even know for sure if Dia was really planning to marry KH. It's all been hearsay, IMO.

MOO, I can't see Dia being taken by surprise at her door. IMO, that's when people are most on guard when there's an unexpected knock on the door. Dia sounded hyper-vigilant. Dia has been described by a Verified Insider as always having her gun on her person, and she was quick to protect herself, even KH said so. She didn't sound like a person that could be taken by surprise from what others have said. LE didn't seem to find evidence of a struggle. If the dog was inside then I would guess the door wasn't left open.

So, are we to believe she walked out the door without her dog, phone, purse, and disappeared walking far enough away where nobody has found her on the property? Where would she decide to walk without all her belongings? KH had that complicated story about Dia going to the horses, but I'm sure she'd bring her belongings. And no names have been attached to any initial statements that said she was seen walking on that road, so I have no idea if anybody really saw her and who it was.

The other possibility is she met with foul play, maybe from someone she knew maybe from someone she trusted, or someone who took her by surprise.

Add the wealth of her property and estate to the mix and her signing those changes to her Trust two weeks earlier, and it's a case begging for further investigation. Why haven't we heard any updates from LE? :( MOO, it saddens me to think everybody is just going to accept Dia is gone, not investigate, not search further, and just fight over her stuff. This is the latest of what's happening with this intriguing case.

Fiancé of missing woman alleges ‘hostile takeover’ of estate near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 5:57 PM PDT July 28, 2021 Updated: 10:50 PM PDT July 28, 2021

"At a hearing on June 21, Judge John G. Evans consolidated the three cases and set a future hearing for August 31 at 8:45 a.m. in Department PS3."

That's the problem. We have to believe KH. We only have hearsay to determine when and how Dia went missing. Most of the unconfirmed story comes from KH, with some cinnamon rolls Dia supposedly made that morning thrown in from the son's story, We don't even know for sure if Dia was really planning to marry KH. It's all been hearsay, IMO.

MOO, I can't see Dia being taken by surprise at her door. IMO, that's when people are most on guard when there's an unexpected knock on the door. Dia sounded hyper-vigilant. Dia has been described by a Verified Insider as always having her gun on her person, and she was quick to protect herself, even KH said so. She didn't sound like a person that could be taken by surprise from what others have said. LE didn't seem to find evidence of a struggle. If the dog was inside then I would guess the door wasn't left open.
I have to agree. I've been up to the property and to the gate. It's way out of the way up there. Anyone knocking on the door unannounced would be in a precarious position if they could even get passed the gate. A stranger up there would stand out like a sour thumb. My guess is...there are no knocks at the door unless warning was given prior to arrival. If you've ever been up there you'd see what I mean.

Add the wealth of her property and estate to the mix and her signing those changes to her Trust two weeks earlier, and it's a case begging for further investigation. Why haven't we heard any updates from LE? :( MOO, it saddens me to think everybody is just going to accept Dia is gone, not investigate, not search further, and just fight over her stuff. This is the latest of what's happening with this intriguing case.

Fiancé of missing woman alleges ‘hostile takeover’ of estate near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 5:57 PM PDT July 28, 2021 Updated: 10:50 PM PDT July 28, 2021

"At a hearing on June 21, Judge John G. Evans consolidated the three cases and set a future hearing for August 31 at 8:45 a.m. in Department PS3."

It saddens me as well. A lone woman living way off the grid on a very expensive property with a man of very questionable integrity and past history hovering around. Then that woman disappears without a trace said very questionable man comes up with an extremely questionable story as to how she vanished. Then as if that isn't enough...she just happened to have signed the property control over to said very questionable man right before she disappears? Said questionable man immediately refers to her in all conversions in passed tense while claiming at the same time he has no idea where she went or what happened. Who stands to gain? HIM!!! Who saw her alive last? HIM!!! Who has a passed history of abusing women and criminal activity? HIM!!! Who would go all in on the idea that he knows EXACTLY what happened to her? ME!!!! and a lot of other people! IS THERE NO JUSTICE FOR THIS WOMAN?

Does Idyllwild have a police dept or would county sheriff be investigator of this case?

MOO. What if some of the parties involved statements to the news 8 investigation are partial or total fabrication?
MOO. The interview with Isidro Garcia was 100% the honest truth.
MOO.... The morning of the day Dia supposedly disappeared she was to make cinnamon rolls and deliver? She and KH dealt with a water heater repairman miles below the ranch? She was also expected in San Diego/LaJolla that afternoon? Dia fixed lunch then went miles back down to the lower property "alone" to "rein" horses?
MOO, Did Isidro Garcia not say that Dia only rode with him?
MOO. There have been no names, times, or statement from anyone who Dia saw that day?
MOO, I have a difficult time believing much of anything without solid statements from anyone Dia encountered that day?
MOO, I am at a total loss of what to believe?
MOO, There is way too many unanswered questions to even begin to form an opinion?
HOPEFULLY someone will come forward with solid evidence.

Moo, If DF was handling the financial affairs at Dia's maybe she knows of the water heater repairman?
Moo, there has to be peeps here on this message board and in that area that know who would service the area of Mountain Center... Message me...

While we wait for more info, I checked out the Anza Crime Watch FB site. I don't live up there, nor travel there, but that site shares what's going on... and, IMO, it sure looks like it's more of the wild, wild west compared to my inner city life. (Don't want to break any TOS rules by posting links. Hope it's okay if I just share some.)

Riverside District 3 includes a large area and many towns. Dia was reported missing on the Anza Crime Watch FB site several times when she first went missing. Some people knew her and posted comments.

So, every once in awhile I check out the Anza Crime Watch to get a feel for what's going on up there, and what LE is up against. Lots.

Scrolling down, got to see a photo of the entire (RMRU) Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit. Got to see a youtube video called "Marijuana Grow Operations Are a Danger in the High Desert | NBCLA" about the huge grow sites cropping up because of a law making it only misdemeanor no matter how many plants. That was an eye opener video. It's quite dangerous with all those grow sites around.

It caught my interest that a body was found in Fallbrook, but it was a man. Fallbrook homicide victim identified as Murrieta resident - Village News

Well, I wish we could hear more about what's happening in the investigation of Dia's case.

,,,If you've ever been up there you'd see what I mean.
You know the area. I know you go to Idyllwild sometimes, and that you've checked out the lay out of Dia's property some.

Idyllwild only has two main wifi service providers from what I could find online. Whatever the case, we've heard that cell phone service is bad there, and spotty in certain areas especially on the ranch, and that probably includes internet.

I would think locals might find a restaurant that has better wifi and go there for longer wifi sessions. Does that make sense? We kept hearing from Airbnb guests no cell service. You'd have to find a reliable spot.

I remember the Bluebird Cottage Inn mentioned when one of the others were missing, but that's cabins. Do you know of any restaurants near Dia's property that she might've gone to often that has wifi?

Yes, service is very spotty up there. Some times I can't get a signal at all in the town of Idyllwild. Other times I can go live on FB from there. It's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get...

Cold trail..
We know almost nothing here sleuthing.
So much mystery and almost no one from the outside is talking. Why would everyone be so silent? Especially Dia's friends? Maybe they have talked to LE maybe not.
It it frustrating for those of us that "knew" her.
There is a story a history a tragedy that I hope at some point is told.
Please keep searching and scouring for information and researching far beyond here for evidence..If you find something give it to LE. They need the help.
THANK YOU

There's several fires someplace in Riverside county. Does anyone know if it's near Idyllwild? The one below looks and sounds bad.

Posted yesterday on Anza Crime Watch and the news article below:
Fire in Anza believed to be man-made, Cal Fire looks for owners of nearby marijuana cultivation site

239954007_4267706730011946_9102691736210372730_n-696x696.jpg

Rock Fire in Anza believed to be man-made, Cal Fire looks for owners of nearby marijuana cultivation site | Valley News (myvalleynews.com)

WOW, look at those flames! That fire looks HOT.
Google says :

There are 13.43 miles from Idyllwild to Anza in south direction and 23 miles (37.01 kilometers) by car, following the CA 74 E route.

(Hmm. Think they mean 13.43 miles as the crow flies?)
Pretty close. Good find, Curious Me!

Last edited:
Tuesday, August 31st:
*Probate Court Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found).
Info on disappearance & court info thru 1/11/21 reference post #665 here:
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

3/14/21: Dia’s children (Clinton & Crisara) have filed (on 2/26/21) a petition (#PRIN2100297): For Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust: Petition to confirm Trust property; to compel production of accounting & Trust records; for removal of Trustees (Harper & Fedder); for subcharge damages for breach of fiduciary duty; for double damages; and attorney’s fees & costs. Probate hearing in Palm Springs (Riverside County) on 5/13/21 @ 8:45am.
5/13/21 Update: Probate hearing was rescheduled to 7/21 & 7/22/21. 7/21/21 Update: Probate hearing continues on 7/22/21. 7/22/21 Update: Hearing on 1st Amended Petition for Conveyance or Transfer of Property claimed to belong to decedent or other person. Judge John G. Evans presiding. At a hearing on 721/21 Judge John G. Evans consolidated the 3 cases & set a future hearing for 8/31/21 at 8:45am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715