Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, back at the very start, the ex bf did reply on the FB, and said he would help in any way he could, to try and find out where she was. Am I remembering correctly?

Just listened to the podcast, and I thought it was super helpful. Really filled in a lot of blanks.

One thing I'm not clear on -- we still don't know who she was meeting when she disappeared and why, right? Could have been to buy, sell, or use. Or perhaps may not specifically have involved a drug transaction at all?

I wonder if she was lured in to a vehicle with drugs. I am also an addict and have abused a number of opiates and benzodiazepines (ex xanax). So it is easy to insert myself in her shoes.

If she had just relapsed this is especially dangerous, people often die from heroin OD after relapse because they use too much by accident. We are also having an epidemic of fentanyl laced heroin. If you do not know, fentanyl is an extremely potent and cheap opiate. Fentanyl is about 100 times more potent than morphine. Meaning, .01 milligrams of fentanyl is equivalent to 10 milligrams of morphine. Fentanyl laced heroin has killed 4 of my close friends and acquaintances in the last year. It can cause "hardened", experienced drug users with high drug tolerances to overdose and die.

Even if I had just bought my own drugs, if somebody called and offered to get me high for free or if they had better drugs I would promptly get in their car and enjoy the ride so to speak. As soon as they say "it's on us" it's like your brain short circuits and you focus on those words and forget about everything else. You would leave your freshly bought drugs behind because, hey you can come back to it right? It's not going anywhere, but the free drugs sure are. And xanax is in an entirely different ballpark as heroin.

That's why I think she was likely lured. I don't believe she was abducted in the sense that somebody pulled up and dragged her in to their car. I think they had drugs, she knew they had drugs, and she simply could not resist the temptation, even leaving her sister behind. It makes sense that she didn't tell her sister if it was this AJM person or his affiliates. She probably didn't want to worry her, or wanted to hide her relapse due to shame and embarrassment. I don't understand the motive behind the people she is with, but I understand the motive behind why she did what she did.

I hope this is a valuable insight. Us addicts, we're looked down upon, and the "normal" functions of our lives and social groups is generally unknown or misread and awash with bias and disdain by the general public. Please don't look down on this girl. It's difficult to understand when you've never been addicted, but it's honestly genuinely out of her control whether she acts on these temptations or not. I worry that MSM won't take this seriously because "Oh it's another junkie", but if anything, that's even more reason that Mari needs our help and nee to be located. She has a weakness that was taken advantage of. Nobody deserves this.

Well stated. Thank you for your insight! Very true... her body is diseased with addiction and unless you have walked in those shoes it's something that you cannot relate to. There is a way out ( sounds like you found it) but sure it's a daily battle . Hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking either that or od'd and dumped

Maybe she od'd, but as time goes on, I think that is less and less of a probability. I think that in most OD cases, the body is left pretty close to the scene, and not hidden all that effectively. I really think she would have been found if she had Od'd in the immediate area.

I feel it is more likely that she was taken to another location to 'work off' her supposed debts. Maybe San Bernardino or Riverside or Vegas? Or New Mexico?

I wonder if she was lured in to a vehicle with drugs. I am also an addict and have abused a number of opiates and benzodiazepines (ex xanax). So it is easy to insert myself in her shoes.

If she had just relapsed this is especially dangerous, people often die from heroin OD after relapse because they use too much by accident. We are also having an epidemic of fentanyl laced heroin. If you do not know, fentanyl is an extremely potent and cheap opiate. Fentanyl is about 100 times more potent than morphine. Meaning, .01 milligrams of fentanyl is equivalent to 10 milligrams of morphine. Fentanyl laced heroin has killed 4 of my close friends and acquaintances in the last year. It can cause "hardened", experienced drug users with high drug tolerances to overdose and die.

Even if I had just bought my own drugs, if somebody called and offered to get me high for free or if they had better drugs I would promptly get in their car and enjoy the ride so to speak. As soon as they say "it's on us" it's like your brain short circuits and you focus on those words and forget about everything else. You would leave your freshly bought drugs behind because, hey you can come back to it right? It's not going anywhere, but the free drugs sure are. And xanax is in an entirely different ballpark as heroin.

That's why I think she was likely lured. I don't believe she was abducted in the sense that somebody pulled up and dragged her in to their car. I think they had drugs, she knew they had drugs, and she simply could not resist the temptation, even leaving her sister behind. It makes sense that she didn't tell her sister if it was this AJM person or his affiliates. She probably didn't want to worry her, or wanted to hide her relapse due to shame and embarrassment. I don't understand the motive behind the people she is with, but I understand the motive behind why she did what she did.

I hope this is a valuable insight. Us addicts, we're looked down upon, and the "normal" functions of our lives and social groups is generally unknown or misread and awash with bias and disdain by the general public. Please don't look down on this girl. It's difficult to understand when you've never been addicted, but it's honestly genuinely out of her control whether she acts on these temptations or not. I worry that MSM won't take this seriously because "Oh it's another junkie", but if anything, that's even more reason that Mari needs our help and needs to be located. She has a weakness that was taken advantage of. Nobody deserves this.

Thank you a thousand times for this. Hugs to you!

I'm really glad Maricela's family is being as transparent as they can now. I admit I was kinda turned off this case when they booted you but glad to see they have changed their minds and are allowing you, Mistivon, to continue this. Prayers for you, Maricela and her family.

I am following this thread, not since the beginning but have caught up and read every post. Whoever predicted that the implicated would protest innocence was correct, and since that seems to have been part of the intent of the release, then that seems promising. Hopefully it is a strategy that will function.

So, someone sold her Xanax (and possibly other substances unknown) before she went missing, and we are either to surmise that this was for personal use, or possibly for the purposes of selling on. So it's possible she met someone in the car park to sell on, which was then deemed inadequate or faulty? Or was she was meeting someone to collect more/pay up? Someone higher up the chain? That would make sense of leaving the sister behind, if she knew the person she was going to meet was dangerous. It might also explain why the sister didn't call the police straight away.

Whatever she was doing of course she is deserving of being found or rescued, as the fellow addict on here stated.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Could someone please explain the subtler implications of the 'hinkey meter'? I'm not a native US speaker, I googled it but I can't quite fathom the meaning. Is the poster saying he doesn't believe Maricela would leave Xanax in the wallet, or he doesn't believe that the Xanax was in the wallet?

[/FONT]
"The Xanax was located in Maricela’s wallet."
Hinky meter like woah...

Definitely looks like the press release struck a nerve, lol.

I wouldn't focus too much on prey - pray , as he clearly made other obvious grammatical errors. Upon - apon and they're- their.
But let's get back to the matter at hand as we wouldn't want to get this thread shut down. I appreciate the insight from the member who admitted to using these drugs in the past. Thank you for that. Please know that nobody here is looking down on MG OR YOU for having addiction issues. It could happen to anyone and your brave for speaking up! :)

I am following this thread, not since the beginning but have caught up and read every post. Whoever predicted that the implicated would protest innocence was correct, and since that seems to have been part of the intent of the release, then that seems promising. Hopefully it is a strategy that will function.

So, someone sold her Xanax (and possibly other substances unknown) before she went missing, and we are either to surmise that this was for personal use, or possibly for the purposes of selling on. So it's possible she met someone in the car park to sell on, which was then deemed inadequate or faulty? Or was she was meeting someone to collect more/pay up? Someone higher up the chain? That would make sense of leaving the sister behind, if she knew the person she was going to meet was dangerous. It might also explain why the sister didn't call the police straight away.

Whatever she was doing of course she is deserving of being found or rescued, as the fellow addict on here stated.
BBM. This is something much more difficult to speculate on. If the xanax was found loose in her wallet I think the chances that she'd bought it for sale are high. Like she may have bought a bag of bars and dropped a few in her wallet to have later. If it was found in a small bag, it was more likely for personal use. But this is another thing where it could be the complete opposite on both scenarios. Very difficult to speculate on this one.

My two cents is that she wouldn't be carrying a large enough quantity to sell if she was hanging out with her sister that day. I'm guessing she met somebody outside the clinic or church who sold her a small quantity of bars. Unfortunately, that sort of thing doesn't just happen in Breaking Bad. People do exploit drug clinics and rehab centers to sell drugs.

To Baxter, I can say with certainty that the xanax wouldn't have been crushed unless she sat on it or something. It's a waste of money to insufflate xanax because you'd only get high from the bits that end up in your stomach anyway.

It's a bit ironic that my first chance to be useful on websleuths is for my druggie wisdom. :thinking: Whatever, I'll take it.

Here's the thing---- he was right about something--- if she was hanging around that area every day and was buying drugs, it could be a whole lot more people than him! People buying and selling drugs on the street are not going to be the most honest and trustworthy people. If she had been out of the lifestyle completely for a long time, I would bank on the ex more. But, since she seems to have gotten herself back into that world, I think he is just lumped in there with a whole bunch of other undesirables. The drug world is terrifying to me. But, certainly her phones hold a whole lot of info. If she has had no contact with him in over a year, that would be easy to prove/ disprove. It will also be easy to figure out who she was communicating with. I am glad to see some open and honest dialogue, though. I hope she is found safely and gets the help she needs very soon!

I hope you are getting good helpful tips from th new information released. 🙏. I'm really hoping for her to come home safe. Mistivon will you be able to share any of the PM with us from tonight or will that remain private for now. I'm hoping for new clues.

C is a made up last name. No idea why.

My guess would be to hide his past or being found. Since I dont know the M name, I guess it worked. Googling him with the C name came up with nothing earlier. And now I know why.

[FONT=&amp]Could someone please explain the subtler implications of the 'hinkey meter'? I'm not a native US speaker, I googled it but I can't quite fathom the meaning. Is the poster saying he doesn't believe Maricela would leave Xanax in the wallet, or he doesn't believe that the Xanax was in the wallet?

[/FONT]

When someone uses the term "hinkey meter" that means, in the poster's opinion, that something they just read or heard doesn't ring true. Sounds fishy.
Originally Posted by SBHack
"The Xanax was located in Maricela’s wallet."
Hinky meter like woah...
In this case, I think what the poster is saying the presence of Xanax in her wallet means something fishy is going on here. I think.

SBHack, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Yep it seems the ex's story could be easily proven or disproven. If LAPD does indeed have her phone records, that will be extremely helpful. They'd even be able to pull up messages from any message service ( like kik) so that information would be extremely telling. If that is true, I'm sure they are well on their way to putting some of the missing pieces together.

I'd assume that if police really believed she was being held hostage in Arizona, that they would've sent local police to check up on that by now.

Is there any word on the phones? One was smashed and the other was dead, correct? Which was which? Which one was blowing up on the day she went missing? Whoever was blowing up her phone is the key to this whole thing, I can feel it.

Typically a rapist isn't going to be worried about taking the phone battery, taking the SIM card, and then smashing the phone. One could argue that a rapist would do it to keep a victim from calling 911, but that's a lot to do to a phone and still maintain control of a victim who could be screaming.

I had the feeling, almost from the very beginning, this had to do with her past relationships with the drug world. I spent many years in my 20's on the party scene and was around a lot of dealers, some of whom were no small time people. They aren't to be played with and don't soon forget when they've been wronged. They can be great to be around as long as you never get on their bad side.

I hate to say it, but if she has fallen into the hands of some big time dealers that are owed money she could be in bad shape. The dealers I once knew were some of the scariest people I knew when it came to them even just feeling like they had been wronged. I never thought much about it when I was in my 20's, but now that I'm older and a little wiser (not much sometimes) I realize how lucky I am to still be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members