GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How is it that Erickson is not called to testify? I’m trying to understand why the prosecution would not put him on the stand.

Well, he probably stated that he wouldn't answer any questions, and would take the "fifth amendment" for any questions.

Which seems to be prudent. After all, if Grossman is not found guilty, then logically, that would mean the jury found compelling reasons to believe that she was not the one who killed the children, so he could be charged.

So far, he was charged with "reckless driving", not murder, so no "double jeopardy" would have been attached. His testimony would have probably been worthless. And even if he stated that it was all her fault, the defense would have ripped him up.

Just guessing. MOO.

Well, he probably stated that he wouldn't answer any questions, and would take the "fifth amendment" for any questions.

Which seems to be prudent. After all, if Grossman is not found guilty, then logically, that would mean the jury found compelling reasons to believe that she was not the one who killed the children, so he could be charged.

So far, he was charged with "reckless driving", not murder, so no "double jeopardy" would have been attached. His testimony would have probably been worthless. And even if he stated that it was all her fault, the defense would have ripped him up.

Just guessing. MOO.
That does make sense and I thank you for the cogent post. I wonder if they explored giving him immunity to eliminate the 5th. I do believe the State's case is so strong that it won't matter, but it does bother me that he isn't going to testify.

It is really difficult to find updates on this trial. Everything is piece meal, here and there, but nothing really comprehensive. Difficult to find information. Odd, for a trial with two dead children. This testimony doesn’t seem to do much for the defense. The tennis player said it "was chaos", but she doesn't remember if it was one car or two.

And again, emphasis on the fact that Mrs. Grossman did not stop, it was the automatic Mercedes-Benz "inertial" Mechanism that cuts the fuel line after an accident or impact. That stopped Mrs. Grossman's car.

It is really difficult to find updates on this trial. Everything is piece meal, here and there, but nothing really comprehensive. Difficult to find information. Odd, for a trial with two dead children. This testimony doesn’t seem to do much for the defense. The tennis player said it "was chaos", but she doesn't remember if it was one car or two.

And again, emphasis on the fact that Mrs. Grossman did not stop, it was the automatic Mercedes-Benz "inertial" Mechanism that cuts the fuel line after an accident or impact. That stopped Mrs. Grossman's car.

Really critical evidence, I think

Perhaps the defense is going to claim the Mercedes stopped because of a small earthquake, or a tsunami, or a tornado.

Rebecca, who was adopted by the Grossman's, states she was threatened by Erickson.

MOO, is that this testimony is junk, as a juror, I would discount this. What else will a daughter say to save her Mom?!

LA Times reports the Grossman's 19 year-old daughter claims Erickson was hiding behind a tree after the accident and showed up at the Grossman house drunk and threatened her with the ruin of her family if she disclosed she saw him there.

Wow! This is an explosive read! Grossman expresses remorse in the article. No wonder the defense is not going to put her on the stand. Okay, I re read the article, she does not actually accept guilt. She expressing grief for her "part" in their death.

Great irony in this article, she lives next door to Lori Laughlin.

Edited, this article is not as much as I thought, but it is interesting to see that Grossman never bothered to attend court hearings until ordered by the judge. That doesn't play well to me.

Last edited:

Wow! This is an explosive read! Grossman admits to hitting the children, and expresses remorse in the article. No wonder the defense is not going to put her on the stand.

Because the defense now, is that she never hit the boys at all!
It is!! Wow. And also she denies having an affair with Erickson but now admits it?!
Can this be admitted as evidence?

It is!! Wow. And also she denies having an affair with Erickson but now admits it?!
Can this be admitted as evidence?

Probably not, as long as Grossman doesn't take the stand. The defense has not yet finished, they will on Tuesday, rebuttal by prosecution and probably to jury by Friday.

Rebecca Grossman's testimony...where she states she ordered a pizza? And left the house to see why the road was blocked? The prosecution should check to see if she actually ordered a pizza that day. That is how she explains she was at the crash site, and when she was threatened by Erickson.

I have been following people who have been attending the trial each day to support the Iskander's. They report everything on this trial on "Next Door" app. Apparently, alot of people who have children in this area are very involved in this trial.

Wanh! No one invites Grossman to parties any more. LOL. Those are some great friends.

Probably not, as long as Grossman doesn't take the stand. The defense has not yet finished, they will on Tuesday, rebuttal by prosecution and probably to jury by Friday.

Rebecca Grossman's testimony...where she states she ordered a pizza? And left the house to see why the road was blocked?

I have been following people who have been attending the trial each day to support the Iskander's. They report everything on this trial on "Next Door" app. Apparently, alot of people who have children in this area are very involved in this trial.

Wanh! No one invites Grossman to parties any more. LOL. Those are some great friends.
Brutal case of narcissism IMO. But it kind of blows my mind that her husband and children are not just supporting her, which I can understand, but defending her so publicly.

Rebecca Grossman's testimony...where she states she ordered a pizza? And left the house to see why the road was blocked? The prosecution should check to see if she actually ordered a pizza that day. That is how she explains she was at the crash site, and when she was threatened by Erickson.

Yeah. I think the prosecution should investigate the pizza excuse. If false ( which I highly suspect) then it's perjury.

Why does she need an excuse to show up at the accident. Couldn't she just say her mother called her? That would be reasonable and would not need a big lie about pizza. Over-embellishment is a trait investigators are easy to pick up on on in interviews as indications of lies.

Yep, exactly why I joined this site! Because it is next to impossible to find any info and hoping people here would have more info. I really do not understand why the media is NOT covering this case. Thinking of all the cases on Court TV, Law & Crime etc. This is case is NOWHERE.

Yep, exactly why I joined this site! Because it is next to impossible to find any info and hoping people here would have more info. I really do not understand why the media is NOT covering this case. Thinking of all the cases on Court TV, Law & Crime etc. This is case is NOWHERE.

Yes. It is hard to find comprehensive coverage and updates on this trial. I am really wondering what will happen here. If Grossman is convicted, which I hope that she is...it will never bring those children back.

Yes. It is hard to find comprehensive coverage and updates on this trial. I am really wondering what will happen here. If Grossman is convicted, which I hope that she is...it will never bring those children back.

It will make a civil trial against the Grossman's much stronger. They have a large "Foundation" and are clearly high-income individuals. The consequences of losing a civil trial for the wrongful death of two children may put them in a situation that is unfavorable to their business. They are both partners in the business.

Wow! This is an explosive read! Grossman expresses remorse in the article. No wonder the defense is not going to put her on the stand. Okay, I re read the article, she does not actually accept guilt. She expressing grief for her "part" in their death.

Edited, this article is not as much as I thought, but it is interesting to see that Grossman never bothered to attend court hearings until ordered by the judge. That doesn't play well to me.
I learned a lot of details that hadn’t been in court (or that I missed):
*the adopted daughter was a burn victim from Afghanistan (I don’t believe this is is the daughter attending court?)
*the second baseball player who was with RG and EC, was a coach at the school the boys attended
*RGs teen son also attended same school.
*RGs daughter (not sure which one) created a website The Truth Prevails with all the evidence showing her moms innocence

The article doesn’t appear to dispute the fact she hit the kids, just that it wasn’t a hit and run? But now she says it wasnt her, it was EC.

Last edited:
It will make a civil trial against the Grossman's much stronger. They have a large "Foundation" and are clearly high-income individuals. The consequences of losing a civil trial for the wrongful death of two children may put them in a situation that is unfavorable to their business. They are both partners in the business.
People like the Grossman's are usually insured to the hilt. Ideally, the children's family will be very well compensated, and the good work that the foundation does can continue, too.

I just can't imagine the horror and heartache that the surviving family must surely deal with daily.

I learned a lot of details that hadn’t been in court (or that I missed):
*the adopted daughter was a burn victim from Afghanistan (I don’t believe this is is the daughter attending court?)
*the second baseball player who was with RG and EC, was a coach at the school the boys attended
*RGs teen son also attended same school.
*RGs daughter (not sure which one) created a website The Truth Prevails with all the evidence showing her moms innocence

The article doesn’t appear to dispute the fact she hit the kids, just that it wasn’t a hit and run? But now she says it wasnt her, it was EC.

Thanks for the link. "Truth Prevails". LOL. The irony.

Several glaring issues...
1. "RG's was the only car that stopped, while other cars kept driving by"...yes, because of the inertial switch that automatically shuts off the fuel line in an accident. RG didn't "stop", the car did!

There is SO much in this website...that is worth reviewing. I just don't have the energy to bring them forward point by point.

Rebecca, who was adopted by the Grossman's, states she was threatened by Erickson.

MOO, is that this testimony is junk, as a juror, I would discount this. What else will a daughter say to save her Mom?!

Sorry, for my own errors here.

Alexis Grossman, is Rebecca Grossman's biological daughter. She is the one who testified for her mother in court.

They have "guardianship" of a girl from Afghanistan, who came to the United States for medical treatment at the Grossman Burn Center. She has a family in Afghanistan.

The information on the trial at Nextdoor is amazing, as it has followed everything about this situation from the beginning, keeping track of the hearings, attorney changes. If Courttv has not been following this trial, local people have been following this in minutetea.

People like the Grossman's are usually insured to the hilt. Ideally, the children's family will be very well compensated, and the good work that the foundation does can continue, too.

I just can't imagine the horror and heartache that the surviving family must surely deal with daily.
Totally agree with all points. The foundation does great work- Rebecca just should not be a part of it, IMO. Sure, she did great work prior to this event.. I think had she taken RESPONSIBILITY from the beginning, instead of dragging this poor mother and father through a trial (SMH) I think MAYBE she could recover from this and continue charity work, in some regard.. But I believe in in my heart & soul that she deserves to be haunted for the rest of her life. She not only ruined the Iskanders' lives, she ruined her OWN children's lives.. the reputation of her husband's family etc. I just sit here and shake my head thinking why would she put these poor parents through this trial!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back