GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

They are just throwing whatever on the wall that they can, to see what sticks. I don't feel sorry for RG. Driving that fast, is crazy. It shows a complete lack of concern for others.

I read on the Nextdoor website, about all of the other speeding tickets that were EXCLUDED by the judge...13! WTH?! He allowed in four? Why not all of them?! That doesn't make any sense to me.

As for the civil lawsuit, it seems to be completely meaninglessness to me. Would I trade my kids for millions of dollars? No. No one would do that. I just hope that this family can heal.
Totally agree. The civil case- I dont think it has anything to do with dollars- it's simply the only way to hit the Grossman's where it hurts the most- their bank accounts. In my mind it would be great if in this civil suit, the Iskander's got half of the Grossman's assets. I feel zero sympathy for Dr. Grossman. Take half of what he has earned. He's worked so hard to keep his wife out of prison (I find this shameful regardless of his motives) If the Grossman's divorced I assume RG would get half anyway.. Give it to the Iskander's!

This link is not behind a pay wall, and pretty much sums everything up. I am pretty sure that the evidence backs up the charges of 2nd degree murder.

RG knew that it wasn't safe to speed in this area, with a crosswalk, used by pedestrians in the area.

Side note, the 3rd person RG was drinking with...was recently arrested for drunk driving.

This link is not behind a pay wall, and pretty much sums everything up. I am pretty sure that the evidence backs up the charges of 2nd degree murder.

RG knew that it wasn't safe to speed in this area, with a crosswalk, used by pedestrians in the area.

Side note, the 3rd person RG was drinking with...was recently arrested for drunk driving.

Just three stupid drunks who all got into motor vehicles after overconsuming.

The lack of logic in the defense case, is glaring.

If Grossman's Mercedes-Benz stopped automatically after hitting the victims. Then, Erickson's Mercedes-Benz would have also been similarly disabled, and his car would have also stopped after hitting the victims.

Thus, Erikson did not hit the victims at all.

Interesting that summary doesn't mention that there was a third member of the drinking part/ He was not driving the same road at the same time, so perhaps this is not relevant, other than there were 3 people driving after drinking and one of them killed two children.

I cannot fathom that she might get off with a slap on the wrist suspended, or community service penalty, instead of incarceration. The Grossman's could then just fold her community service into their Burn Foundation "charity" and actually continue to make money on the back of this crime.

I am thinking only of guilty on all counts and jail time. I also cannot fathom anything less. I selfishly hope they dont need the weekend and she gets locked up tomorrow. I sound horrible, but I really cannot stand RG. She has no shame, no morals and does not deserve to come home to her two children everyday and enjoy life with them.

I am thinking only of guilty on all counts and jail time. I also cannot fathom anything less. I selfishly hope they dont need the weekend and she gets locked up tomorrow. I sound horrible, but I really cannot stand RG. She has no shame, no morals and does not deserve to come home to her two children everyday and enjoy life with them.

Her character seems so despicable it makes me believe the Foundation she has with her husband is full of fraud and grift.

In the face of immense tragedy and loss, she is only all about herself and protecting her financial assets and reputation in the community. An empty void of a soul.

You do not sound horrible! She did a monstrous thing and has not showed any remorse!

Her character seems so despicable it makes me believe the Foundation she has with her husband is full of fraud and grift.

In the face of immense tragedy and loss, she is only all about herself and protecting her financial assets and reputation in the community. An empty void of a soul.
I agree. I can’t imagine staying with my spouse for “business “ reasons if my spouse killed little children. I assume there will be a hefty civil suit as well (regardless of criminal outcome), so hubby will be feeling this too.

If she’s found guilty, I can’t imagine she will get much prison time I won’t if he will ultimately divorce her.

Verdict watch. I don't particularly like the judge's instructions for the lesser charges.

"Jurors can consider the lesser charge of vehicular manslaughter with ordinary negligence if they acquit her of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.".

I agree. I can’t imagine staying with my spouse for “business “ reasons if my spouse killed little children. I assume there will be a hefty civil suit as well (regardless of criminal outcome), so hubby will be feeling this too.

If she’s found guilty, I can’t imagine she will get much prison time I won’t if he will ultimately divorce her.
I just checked the "Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander" FB page. I hope it's okay to share this info (I'm new here and not 100 percent on all the rules regarding posting links & info from other sites!)

Julie Denny Cohen

9h ·

COURT UPDATE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2024

The morning began with the prosecution's rebuttal to the defense's closing arguments.
After the first day of jury deliberations concluded, there was no verdict reached.
As the day ended, the jury asked a question, seeking specific witness testimony. However, due it being at the end of day, their specific request was not read and remains unknown. The juror’s questions will be disclosed tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m., and I will provide an update here once the requested testimony is revealed.

It bothers me that the judge did not allow in the 13 tickets, and the racing course RG took to learn "how to maximize the speed and power of your Mercedes-Benz".

And the information about the reduced charges, in the jury instructions. It is like he is orchestrating the outcome he wants.

This is concerning, he gave ONE year to a woman who killed someone in a similar incident.

Interesting side note on the link above, the civil lawsuit definitely saw malice in the behavior of the accused, who was given ONE year in jail by Judge Brandolino.

Also Interesting, the judge allowed the convicted woman to go HOME! Before voluntarily giving herself up to the Sherriff office!!! What?! I thought convicts went to jail until sentencing. Not home!

Interesting side note on the link above, the civil lawsuit definitely saw malice in the behavior of the accused, who was given ONE year in jail by Judge Brandolino.

Also Interesting, the judge allowed the convicted woman to go HOME! Before voluntarily giving herself up to the Sherriff office!!! What?! I thought convicts went to jail until sentencing. Not home!
I just don't understand how this is okay... how does the judge justify this?

County Jail and State Prison are different. Offender may need to be scheduled depending on vacancy/capacity. If offender was out on bond during proceedings and abides by all the pretrial conditions, they may remain out until sentencing and when it is determined their time to serve in jail will start. Many offenders in jail are allowed work release as well. Credit is given for good behavior.

County Jail and State Prison are different. Offender may need to be scheduled depending on vacancy/capacity. If offender was out on bond during proceedings and abides by all the pretrial conditions, they may remain out until sentencing and when it is determined their time to serve in jail will start. Many offenders in jail are allowed work release as well. Credit is given for good behavior.
I just watched a short clip from Fox 11 LA on YouTube. Yesterday the reporter was in the courtroom & she stated that during a break, RG went to sit by her husband (who was seated near the reporter). RG approached this reporter & got her email. The reporter said later that day she got an email from RG/RG's rep listing out all of the evidence that was left out of the trial that could have been beneficial to her case.
I just sit here floored. You think nothing RG would do could surprise you anymore... but she does. She is not a good person!
Could this not be seen as trying to influence the outcome of this trial somehow? I'm just livid sitting here thinking about this.

Clearly "good behaviour" is only the absence of "more death. destruction, and disregard for human life behaviour".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back