CA CA - Monique Figueroa, 28, Littlerock, 19 May 2015

DEC 5, 2022

Monique Figueroa

monique_figueroa.jpg

Monique Figueroa told her family on May 19, 2015, that she was heading from her father’s home in Littlerock, California to visit friends in Los Angeles. Police recovered her 2004 Mercedes abandoned in a rural area outside Los Angeles several days later. Forensic tests were conducted, but no clues to Monique’s disappearance were uncovered. Several searches have been done over the past seven years in relation to the case, but have not yielded anything significant. “I love my daughter; I would love her remains to be found and this case brought to a closure,” Monique’s father, Jeff, told Dateline in 2016. A $20,000 reward for information leading to arrests and conviction in Monique’s disappearance was re-established by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on April 4, 2021. If you have any information regarding Monique’s case, please call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at (323) 890-5500 or Detective Karen Shonka at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5621 and refer to Report No. 015-07325-2661-400.

“My heart goes out to Monique’s loved ones who have painfully lived with her absence for nearly eight years,” said L.A. County Supervisor Kathryn Barger. “Extending this reward sends a message: We are not giving up. I want unresolved questions answered for the sake of her family and the Antelope Valley community at large. If anyone has any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, please find the courage to step forward.”

The deadline to provide information to law enforcement to receive the reward is April 8, according to a notice from the board. More details can be reviewed here.

Her car, a 2004 burgundy Mercedes-Benz, was recovered on May 30, 2015, in an abandoned shed in Juniper Hills. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department investigators believe Figueroa disappeared under suspicious circumstances and there is a good probability foul play was involved, according to the motion.

Homicide investigators received a tip in 2016 that her remains might be buried off the 11000 block of Pearblossom Highway in Palmdale. But a search by detectives, cadaver scent dogs and coroner’s personnel yielded no results.

She left her two-year-old daughter in the care of her family, who reported her missing several days after she left home.

The Board first approved the reward in August 2016. It has been extended, reinstated or re-established 11 times since then. The Board most recently extended the reward on Dec. 20; it was set to expire on Saturday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back