CA CA - Montecito Heights, Wht/HispFem UP4368, 12-18, 'Kay' on sandal, Aug'80

Too many decades have passed. I hope she'll still get her name back. How sad.

I could not find any thread started for this UID...

Doe Network

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

* No image
The victim was discovered on August 24, 1980 in East Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
She had been at this location since July/August, 1980.
Decomposed Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14-17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'8".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish/Brown hair, 8" long.
Clothing: Unknown color blouse; pants with zipper; two rubber sandals, one with "Kay" written on it in ink.
Articles Near Body: Comb; hairbrush; hair beret.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was located in Montecito Hills Regional Park, Montecito Heights, East Los Angeles, California on August 24, 1980. She was noted at this location by a teenager on August 24, 1980, but was not reported to authorities until August 30, 1980. This location was in a remote, fairly inaccessible heavy brush area. Investigation reveals that the victim was killed at this location.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Richard C. Kennerly
LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit
323-890-5500
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

LASD Case Number:
80-891376 / Jane Doe 100

ME Case Number:
80-11186

NCIC Number:
U-046123094
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1408.html

NamUs

Case Information

Case number: 8011186

Date found: August 30, 1980 at 12:00 AM

Date created: September 10, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Date last modified: March 01, 2011 at 09:59 AM

Demographics

Estimated age: Adolescent

Minimum age: 12 years

Maximum age: 18 years

Race: White

Ethnicity: N/A

Sex: Female

Weight (pounds): 0, Estimated

Height (inches): 66, Estimated

Body condition: Not recognizable - Mummified

Probable year of death: 1980 to 1980

Physical

Hair color: Red/Auburn

Head hair: Reddish Brown

Left eye color:Unknown or Missing

Right eye color:Unknown or Missing

Eye description: Unknown

Circumstances

State: California

County:Los Angeles

Circumstances of death: Decedent found on the ground in a park, in an area of steep hills and dense foliage one-quarter mile east of the 110 freeway.

Fingerprints

N/A - Mummified/skeletal

Clothing and Accessories

Footwear: RUBBER SANDALS

Articles: Near Body - Comb, Hairbrush, Hair Beret, empty condom wrapper, Condom nearby

DNA

No DNA specimen available

Dentals

All teeth Natural, no fillings but lower left tooth # 23 Postmortem loss (open socket)

* No Image

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe a good match for this UID maybe:

Case File 3016DFCA1

Jackie Kay Boyer
Missing since May 21, 1980 from Windsor, Sonoma County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 80-90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a small scar on her inside right forearm.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jackie went missing on May 21, 1980, 2 weeks after her 12th birthday. She disappeared from her bedroom with no signs of struggle. A chair was found by her window. Height and weight are approximations.

3016DFCA - Jackie Kay Boyer
I believe she is also a good possible match to Jackie Boyer. Does anyone know if they compared dentals to rule out Jackie Boyer

Also would like to consider Sandra Kay(e) Butler:

Sandra Kaye Butler – The Charley Project

Her hair is noted as blonde, but appears a bit reddish to brown in photos, and her complexion is freckled so the hair color seems possible to me. Her height is noted a bit shorter.

She did disappear in 1978, but had recently moved to Nevada from California. There is also a theory she could have been kidnapped by the Gallegos, who have a California connection. Additionally, a former poster also shared a photo from the Alcala collection which has some resemblance to Sandra. My point being she certainly could have left Nevada for California on her own, or been abducted and taken there by someone, or some combination.

NV - NV - Sandra Butler, 16, Sparks, 26 June 1978

I could not find any thread started for this UID...

Doe Network

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

* No image
The victim was discovered on August 24, 1980 in East Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
She had been at this location since July/August, 1980.
Decomposed Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14-17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"-5'8".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish/Brown hair, 8" long.
Clothing: Unknown color blouse; pants with zipper; two rubber sandals, one with "Kay" written on it in ink.
Articles Near Body: Comb; hairbrush; hair beret.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim was located in Montecito Hills Regional Park, Montecito Heights, East Los Angeles, California on August 24, 1980. She was noted at this location by a teenager on August 24, 1980, but was not reported to authorities until August 30, 1980. This location was in a remote, fairly inaccessible heavy brush area. Investigation reveals that the victim was killed at this location.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Richard C. Kennerly
323-890-5500
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

LASD Case Number:
80-891376 / Jane Doe 100

ME Case Number:
80-11186

NCIC Number:
U-046123094
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1408.html

NamUs

Case Information

Case number: 8011186

Date found: August 30, 1980 at 12:00 AM

Date created: September 10, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Date last modified: March 01, 2011 at 09:59 AM

Demographics

Estimated age: Adolescent

Minimum age: 12 years

Maximum age: 18 years

Ethnicity: N/A

Sex: Female

Weight (pounds): 0, Estimated

Height (inches): 66, Estimated

Body condition: Not recognizable - Mummified

Probable year of death: 1980 to 1980

Physical

Hair color: Red/Auburn

Head hair: Reddish Brown

Left eye color:Unknown or Missing

Right eye color:Unknown or Missing

Eye description: Unknown

Circumstances

State: California

County:Los Angeles

Circumstances of death: Decedent found on the ground in a park, in an area of steep hills and dense foliage one-quarter mile east of the 110 freeway.

Fingerprints

N/A - Mummified/skeletal

Clothing and Accessories

Footwear: RUBBER SANDALS

Articles: Near Body - Comb, Hairbrush, Hair Beret, empty condom wrapper, Condom nearby

DNA

No DNA specimen available

Dentals

All teeth Natural, no fillings but lower left tooth # 23 Postmortem loss (open socket)

* No Image

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe a good match for this UID maybe:

Case File 3016DFCA1

Jackie Kay Boyer
Missing since May 21, 1980 from Windsor, Sonoma County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 80-90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a small scar on her inside right forearm.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jackie went missing on May 21, 1980, 2 weeks after her 12th birthday. She disappeared from her bedroom with no signs of struggle. A chair was found by her window. Height and weight are approximations.

3016DFCA - Jackie Kay Boyer
I believe she is also a good possible match to Jackie Boyer. Does anyone know if they compared dentals to rule out Jackie Boyer

Her hair is noted as blonde, but appears a bit reddish to brown in photos, and her complexion is freckled so the hair color seems possible to me. Her height is noted a bit shorter.

She did disappear in 1978, but had recently moved to Nevada from California. There is also a theory she could have been kidnapped by the Gallegos, who have a California connection. Additionally, a former poster also shared a photo from the Alcala collection which has some resemblance to Sandra. My point being she certainly could have left Nevada for California on her own, or been abducted and taken there by someone, or some combination.

Wow

she is a really good possible match

This one is interesting because of her involvement with that church that was more like cult. I was reading it requires cutting off family from the outside and there are people still in this group if Im not mistaken.

This one is interesting because of her involvement with that church that was more like cult. I was reading it requires cutting off family from the outside and there are people still in this group if Im not mistaken.

Sandra was in a cult-like church, or one of the suspects? I didn't see anything about Sandra regarding this in her write ups?

Sandra was in a cult-like church, or one of the suspects? I didn't see anything about Sandra regarding this in her write ups?

I apologize, the case I was referencing there was Rose Cole 9/1/72. She ran way from a treatment facility run by the church Syanon I think its called with a shady past. My bad.

I don't know. She was the first possible match suggested in this thread, but I don't see that anyone ever submitted her.
I feel like she should be submitted as a match. Given the timing and close proximity (2hour drive) she is certanly worth ruling out IMO

I think there's a typo in the items found with her.

A beret is a hat.

The word 'hair' makes me think the investigator meant to write barrette. Which is one of those long, rectangular things with a decorative side attached to a hinged clip.

Probably completely irrelevant in solving this case, but a 'hair beret' makes no sense, whereas a hair barrette does. And it's right on trend for a hair accessory of the '80s, especially for a teenager.

I think there's a typo in the items found with her.

A beret is a hat.

The word 'hair' makes me think the investigator meant to write barrette. Which is one of those long, rectangular things with a decorative side attached to a hinged clip.

Probably completely irrelevant in solving this case, but a 'hair beret' makes no sense, whereas a hair barrette does. And it's right on trend for a hair accessory of the '80s, especially for a teenager.

I think you're right, barrette would make more sense, especially with how long her hair is.

I think you're right, barrette would make more sense, especially with how long her hair is.
I was a kid in the '80s and '90s. It was all about barrettes, headbands, and scrunchies. Even I had a bunch, and I was NOT fashionable. I was a kid from a fundie religion who wore clothing completely sewn by my mum from '60s and '70s patterns she bought cheap when a fabric store went out of business, and hand-me-downs from the wealthier kids at church. I was the opposite of cool, and even I owned multiple barrettes.

Two other possibilities;

2173DFCA - Kim L. Mallon
1675195997754.png
Missing Since: September 30, 1973
Race:
White
Height: 5'3"
Weight:
125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color:
Blue
Nickname/Alias: Rhonda Kay Mallon
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has scars on both wrists.

She would have been ~19-20 ish in 1980. She matches location and stats wise but she would have had a ~7 year gap between when she went missing and when this UID was found.

2589DFNE - Margret Kay Holst
1675196161487.png
Missing Since: August 4, 1977
Date of Birth: October 19, 1958
Height: 5'6"
Weight:
125 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn, long
Eye Color:
Blue
Nickname/Alias: Margie
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small scar on center of forehead; pierced ears

Would have been ~20-21 in 1980. Stats match, location is off.

Two other possibilities;

2173DFCA - Kim L. Mallon
View attachment 399023
Missing Since: September 30, 1973
Race:
White
Height: 5'3"
Weight:
125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color:
Blue
Nickname/Alias: Rhonda Kay Mallon
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has scars on both wrists.

She would have been ~19-20 ish in 1980. She matches location and stats wise but she would have had a ~7 year gap between when she went missing and when this UID was found.

2589DFNE - Margret Kay Holst
View attachment 399024
Missing Since: August 4, 1977
Date of Birth: October 19, 1958
Height: 5'6"
Weight:
125 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn, long
Eye Color:
Blue
Nickname/Alias: Margie
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small scar on center of forehead; pierced ears

Would have been ~20-21 in 1980. Stats match, location is off.
Margaret Kay Holst matches the characteristics of the Jane Doe quite well:

1416UFCA

The location is not really a problem, in many cases people can disappear in one place and finally be found dead in another place, perhaps a little further from where they disappeared (for example, we have the cases of Sherri Ann Jarvis and Michelle Garvey).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back