CA - Multiple casualties after 'active shooter' opens fire, Thousand Oaks, 08 Nov 2018

(Omggg this is reaaly hard to watch on CNN live right now...a guy is crying via phone telling what happened...guy walks in and “shoots the girl behind the counter”...”I didn’t know her name”...”we were just getting nice and friendly..(he’s sobbing)...”and I don’t know if she’s alive...”

This is so hard to listen to.

—-

Reporter:
“We are sooo sorry Holden, we know how difficult this must be, we can’t imagine what it was like...”

:( :(

“Did you see the shooter, were you able to make anything out?”

“Yes (crying)”

Cont.

(FBI Swat team running by with guns)

“Yes, I saw a gentleman wearing like a
black like trench looking coat...had a beard...he was also wearing glasses and he just within seconds he walked through the door, pulled a gun out, and shot her twice, and the. There’s about 3 or 4 other shots...

This will never stop. It's never gonna stop. I'm so angry and sad right now. Why? These people gain nothing from their evil actions. This poor witness.

Sgt passed away at hospital, about one hour ago.

ETA: Had 29 years service, leaves a wife and son.

Sgt. Ron Helus, died a hero, trying to get inside to stop the shooter. moo

All of this is so heart shattering. I watched the PC on Fox and cried when I saw the Sheriff so emotional.

I feel for everyone who was senselessly taken or injured by this mass muderer.

My heart goes out to everyone in the Sheriff's department who have lost their brother in blue.

It is such an emotional time for them too yet they try to put aside their own overwhelming grief and concentrate solely on investigating the case and thinking of the 11 others who have been killed and their families.

It truly shows how our police officers are willing to laydown their very own lives in order to save others. There is no more honorable selfless act of heroism. First responders and our military are truly our true heroes.

I pray for all of the families who have lost precious loved ones and for all injured. My heart is also with the Deputy's brothers and sisters in blue and his wife and son.

Imo

Officers found 11 deceased victims.

Suspect has not been identified. No idea if terrorism link.
Sgt passed away at hospital, about one hour ago.

ETA: Had 29 years service, leaves a wife and son.

Sgt. Ron Helus, died a hero, trying to get inside to stop the shooter. moo

Can't stop the tears now.

RIP to all those who lost their lives last night.

People can't even go out and have fun anymore. That's what this country, and the world has come to.

I wonder why the shooter has not been identified yet. Terrible tragedy. Interesting that the FBI was involved so quickly.

Amazing quick response by LEO. I am sure that officer who died in service saved lives. He died a hero. 29 years on the force.

What is the solution to these mass shootings? Something needs to change.

I wonder why the shooter has not been identified yet. Terrible tragedy. Interesting that the FBI was involved so quickly.

Amazing quick response by LEO. I am sure that officer who died in service saved lives. He died a hero. 29 years on the force.

What is the solution to these mass shootings? Something needs to change.

Had no ID on him and I heard Sheriff say nothing came up on shooter’s fingerprint scan.

JMO and what I heard on NBC Today show

Had no ID on him and I heard Sheriff say nothing came up on shooter’s fingerprint scan.

JMO and what I heard on NBC Today show

Interesting. So he is not an immigrant, if they don't have fingerprint records. I was wondering about a terrorism issue.

So many countries are doing mass biometrics for all citizens, with one ID card that is linked to the biometric system. That way there is immediate identification, they say it is for services like banking. No need for a credit card, just fingerprint scan for everything. Would probably be helpful in situations like this...

Is there a thread for this yet? My 18 year old daughter is currently living in TO and I haven't heard from her. We just moved from there and this is really painful to read:

California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online

What we know about the fatal mass shooting at a Thousand Oaks, California, dance bar

Gunman kills 12 in 'horrific' mass shooting at Thousand Oaks bar packed with college students - Los Angeles Times

Many more articles out there. I just woke up to this and haven't read thru them yet

A gunman threw smoke bombs and rained bullets on a crowd of hundreds inside a Thousand Oaks bar Wednesday night, killing a dozen people including a Ventura County Sheriff’s Department sergeant who was trying to stop the carnage.

Authorities did not immediately identify the gunman, but a law enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case, described him as a 29-year-old armed with a handgun and a “smoke device.”

The shooter drove his mother’s car to the bar and did not say anything before opening fire, the official said.

Many people 18 to 21 inside

Interesting. So he is not an immigrant, if they don't have fingerprint records. I was wondering about a terrorism issue.

So many countries are doing mass biometrics for all citizens, with one ID card that is linked to the biometric system. That way there is immediate identification, they say it is for services like banking. No need for a credit card, just fingerprint scan for everything. Would probably be helpful in situations like this...

Or maybe he altered his prints.
They don’t know how he got to the bar.

JMO

Im sure shes fine. She just turned 18 3 days ago and has been super excited to get into all the underage clubs. I cant imagine that she would pick this one on this particular night. Unfortunately, theres that .0001 percent chance that is scaring me to death

Gunman kills 12 in 'horrific' mass shooting at Thousand Oaks bar packed with college students

Authorities said Sheriff’s Sgt. Ron Helus and a California Highway Patrol officer entered the bar first and were met with gunfire from the suspect, whose identity was not immediately known. Helus was shot several times and died at an area hospital early Thursday morning, according to Dean.

A 29-year veteran of the department, Helus was planning to retire next year, and Dean said he died “a hero.”

He is survived by a son and his wife, whom he called before entering the bar, Dean said.

Just heard the news. Reading quickly through the coverage....is the gunman caught? Did he kill himself? Or escape?

@mistivon, please let us know when you hear from your daughter.

Woke up to the news of the latest massacre. Call me lily-livered, but I can't stomach these mass shootings any longer.

Dear BetteDavisEyes,

You've shared the natural human feeling we all have when we hear of these atrocities.

Whenever anything horrid like this happens, it seems inconceivable that a human being would do this.

It goes against our natural human instinct which is to help others, not to harm them.

My heart goes out to all who are affected by this monstrous act.

I am so deeply saddened and horrified at this, as I know we all are.

May the families of the victims hold one another close during this unfathomable time.

Praying for support and strength to hold the loved ones close.

This is hard. This is so deeply cutting and extremely hard to learn of this. I feel such tremendous shock.

"On college night where the students felt it was a safe place to go."

Officer among 12 killed in mass shooting at California bar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes