Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since LE has not named anyone as a suspect, and since the victim friendly rules here clearly state we cannot accuse the parents of any wrong doing at this time, I do have to wonder what other possible scenarios come to mind for anyone, as to how the boys might have been there one moment, and gone the next?

When my mother was murdered I was the one to find her. I was with LE and they had kicked in the door to find her murdered on the foyer floor. MY MOTHER! My best friend on this earth and the woman I loved with all of my heart. For a minute, I was a person of interest and I have to say at that moment and for the whole 12 hours that they grilled me and my sister I could not cry. I was matter of fact, I was shocked, I was stunned, but I didn't cry, I didn't feel. When an officer offered me condolences I actually pretended to cry so that they didn't keep considering me a POI in the murder. In fact, I asked not to see the body again to say goodbye and we wanted her cremated as soon as the autopsy was done. AND then...a week later, I couldn't stop crying and I've cried every day for two years and now I have PTSD from the event...so I have to say, we all do act differently...we just do. I don't think that means the parents weren't involved, I don't know, we have so few facts in the case, but I do know, based on my own reactions, we do all act very differently. I did the same thing when my baby brother died. I was actually happy cause he'd had such a long battle with cancer and then two days later I was never the same again...

im so sorry :(

Since LE has not named anyone as a suspect, and since the victim friendly rules here clearly state we cannot accuse the parents of any wrong doing at this time, I do have to wonder what other possible scenarios come to mind for anyone, as to how the boys might have been there one moment, and gone the next?
Sorry, I’m drawing a complete blank.

Sorry, I’m drawing a complete blank.

Yeah, me too.

I mean, I suppose it's possible someone came along, ducked inside the yard (just in the nick of time, as dad went into the house), snatched the boys and took off in the time it took for dad to go inside and come back out and realize they were missing.
But it's not very probable.

Then I wonder if it's possible they snuck out the gate themselves, and realize sure, it's possible, but they're 3 and 4, and at that age, little legs can take you far but not very fast. There's no way they could have got more than a block away in the time dad ducked inside the house, then came back out.

Neither seem probable or reasonable.
LE made it pretty clear, foul play IS suspected, but he stopped short of naming names so... here we are. Still waiting for any kind of update.

Inadequate care and supervision:
Both parents are busy with tasks. Eyes are taken off their kids for a few minutes. Kidnapping. There’s always the heartbreaking story of Adam Walsh. Paedophile abduction.

Custody issues and involvement in disappearance.

Idk. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Yeah, me too.

I mean, I suppose it's possible someone came along, ducked inside the yard (just in the nick of time, as dad went into the house), snatched the boys and took off in the time it took for dad to go inside and come back out and realize they were missing.
But it's not very probable.

Then I wonder if it's possible they snuck out the gate themselves, and realize sure, it's possible, but they're 3 and 4, and at that age, little legs can take you far but not very fast. There's no way they could have got more than a block away in the time dad ducked inside the house, then came back out.

Neither seem probable or reasonable.
LE made it pretty clear, foul play IS suspected, but he stopped short of naming names so... here we are. Still waiting for any kind of update.
Say the little ones wandered off and were gone much longer than reported. Where are the immediate go to ideas of what would happen if your child was missing? Bodies of water, traffic, swimming pool, bathtub drowning? in someone’s car alone, an open shed, ditch, culvert?

Reading back to the murder case of Jenise Wright --a neighbor said that early one morning she was preparing for work and saw Jenise standing outside on her lawn; and this was early in the morning about 5-6 am.
Some children are free range and maybe Orrin and Orson fell into this category ?
Although if LE feels someone kidnapped the boys I haven't had a 'vibes' from them in that direction.
Just saying.

Say the little ones wandered off and were gone much longer than reported. Where are the immediate go to ideas of what would happen if your child was missing? Bodies of water, traffic, swimming pool, bathtub drowning? in someone’s car alone, an open shed, ditch, culvert?

Water. Traffic. Cars/trunks. Hiding.

If I lost a child outside, I wouldn't start my search inside.

JMO

If there's adequate surveillance cameras --which I believe there are -- LE should know by now if any cars not belonging there had cruised the neighborhood in the time frame that TW was 'gathering firewood'.
My opinion is that whatever happened -- no one took those boys that afternoon.
Not ruling out a hand over at an earlier time.
And for the record -- I don't think the bio family was involved as imo LE have vetted them by now.
Imo.

I would really like too know what prompted them to call Dec 21st. Something happened where they were backed against a wall IMO.
? Maybe the other kids were coming back home sooner than expected. Maybe the expectation the kids were out for an extended vacation. Grandma had her hands full and bit off more than she could chew - ‘I sure do love my grandkids but could ya do me a solid and come right over like yesterday and get these kids outa my hair?’

I would really like too know what prompted them to call Dec 21st. Something happened where they were backed against a wall IMO.

Maybe because Christmas was a few days away and they were getting panicky? Extended family could have been talking about wanting to see all the kids or something? Or at least expecting pictures of them and it would have looked sus af to only have 4 of the 6 in all the pictures or on FaceTime

Reading back to the murder case of Jenise Wright --a neighbor said that early one morning she was preparing for work and saw Jenise standing outside on her lawn; and this was early in the morning about 5-6 am.
Some children are free range and maybe Orrin and Orson fell into this category ?
Although if LE feels someone kidnapped the boys I haven't had a 'vibes' from them in that direction.
Just saying.

In Jenise's case, the neighborhood was a totally different atmosphere though. I know that mobile home park, my uncle used to live there, and I had friends who rented homes in there over the years. Very neighbor friendly. Folks sort of just looked after other folks' kids in there. Of course this was before Gaeta shattered the "safe" vibe people felt when he murdered that sweet little girl.

In this case, from all I've read, not only has no one ever seen these boys, no one in the neighborhood has even admitted they've ever seen any of the kids playing outside or anything.

In Jenise's case, the neighborhood was a totally different atmosphere though. I know that mobile home park, my uncle used to live there, and I had friends who rented homes in there over the years. Very neighbor friendly. Folks sort of just looked after other folks' kids in there. Of course this was before Gaeta shattered the "safe" vibe people felt when he murdered that sweet little girl.

In this case, from all I've read, not only has no one ever seen these boys, no one in the neighborhood has even admitted they've ever seen any of the kids playing outside or anything.
bbm
True.
That is terrifying.
What was going on in that house ?

I keep thinking they moved there and took items of the children's but not the youngest kids who were 'on vacation', and god knows where the little boys were at the time of the move ?
MOO

Inadequate care and supervision:
Both parents are busy with tasks. Eyes are taken off their kids for a few minutes. Kidnapping. There’s always the heartbreaking story of Adam Walsh. Paedophile abduction.

Custody issues and involvement in disappearance.

Idk. What are your thoughts?

Only one thing that keeps popping in my head that bugs me.

These 2 boys were adopted, names were changed and adoptive parents moved away from, I believe, where bio family lives.
The question I have is was it for a good reason?? Was it for safety reasons? I'm not saying that thats what I believe to be true. Just bringing up whats been annoying the crap out of me and my brain.

As everyone else here...we just want these little guys found.

All of this is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member