Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I found the part interesting when the reporter asked the Chief if they were still the lead in the case as she heard that Bakersfield had taken this role. The Chief's answer, "We are still primary on the missing persons". He ended that thought but then quickly said "yes, so yes. we are still primary at this point."

To me, this sounded like a slip up that he then tried to correct. Why clarify, and almost emphasize, that they are still primary on the missing persons case. Almost as if there is a second leading agency on another part of the case. Murder case?

The exchange starts at 09:28 minute mark of the interview posted above.

MOO

I listened to this part carefully- Chief Walker did not say there were no kids in the house. He said they have searched every bit of the house and property (including with dogs) and Orrin & Orson are not anywhere in the house. Meaning their bodies are not hidden, buried, or otherwise disposed there.

He was responding to Perla's question about rumors the boys bodies may be "under the house".
Exactly what I heard and understood. The house was searched multiple times by LE and by multiple kinds of dogs and the boys were not buried or hidden anywhere in the house.
Full interview: Chief of Police in California City discusses two missing boys investigation, adoptive parents, rumors | KGET 17

Hi all, I found the part interesting when the reporter asked the Chief if they were still the lead in the case as she heard that Bakersfield had taken this role. The Chief's answer, "We are still primary on the missing persons". He ended that thought but then quickly said "yes, so yes. we are still primary at this point."

To me, this sounded like a slip up that he then tried to correct. Why clarify, and almost emphasize, that they are still primary on the missing persons case. Almost as if there is a second leading agency on another part of the case. Murder case?

The exchange starts at 09:28 minute mark of the interview posted above.

MOO
When I heard that part of the interview my thought was this - BPD may indeed take over the investigation soon, because evidence is pointing to a crime against the boys committed in Bakersfield, not Cal City.

Makes sense, there are no major searches taking place in Cal City.

When I heard that part of the interview my thought was this - BPD may indeed take over the investigation soon, because evidence is pointing to a crime against the boys committed in Bakersfield, not Cal City.

Makes sense, there are no major searches taking place in Cal City.
Thanks for your response. I'm newer to this. Are there often ongoing murder cases before a body is found? Without any knowledge of this, his response made me think that there already is a murder investigation going on that he didn't want public, but that he accidentally implied

Wow at the update ! Interesting that he acknowledges that they are looking at the neighbor's videos. He also did not commit to saying when was the last time anyone besides the parents saw or talked to the babies.

I don't think LE has any way of knowing if the babies scents were in the house. How would they know if what the parents gave them belonged to Orrin or Orson ?

The neighbors in California City have not seen any children outside playing ever.
bbm
Thanks, @Frodosdojo .

*Sigh*
It's looking very grim for Orrin and Orson.
Just how long have they been gone ?

If I were LE, I'd be asking the kids about special events, like-- were your siblings with you at T-giving ?
Because little minds will start to forget when exactly they saw the youngest two!
Also there could be an element of threats or fear for the older siblings.
Sometimes children are instructed not to talk about something...so they don't.
So sad all around.
Imo.

I listened to this part carefully- Chief Walker did not say there were no kids in the house. He said they have searched every bit of the house and property (including with dogs) and Orrin & Orson are not anywhere in the house. Meaning their bodies are not hidden, buried, or otherwise disposed there.

He was responding to Perla's question about rumors the boys bodies may be "under the house".
Ok I misunderstood.
I still wonder what the neighbors observed with the older kids.
B/c of covid-- were they inside most of the time anyway ?

This is nit picking, but I wish the adoptive parents hadn't worn face masks for the interview.
They were outside and it looked like a distance away from the reporters and news crew.
I wanted to see their entire expressions.
Maybe nothing there.
Just saying.
MOO.

Ok I misunderstood.
I still wonder what the neighbors observed with the older kids.
B/c of covid-- were they inside most of the time anyway ?

This is nit picking, but I wish the adoptive parents hadn't worn face masks for the interview.
They were outside and it looked like a distance away from the reporters and news crew.
I wanted to see their entire expressions.
Maybe nothing there.
Just saying.
MOO.
Yes, the father did say they stayed mostly inside because of the pandemic. In the video with the neighbor's surveillance footage, he said he never saw the kids outside.

Lots of space in the Mojave. Bakersfield. But, I thought that there was a lot of space in Idaho/Montana/Yellowstone National Park, and the missing children from Idaho were found right in the backyard of their Mother's new spouse.

So, maybe the police in Bakersfield will find something.

Thanks for your response. I'm newer to this. Are there often ongoing murder cases before a body is found? Without any knowledge of this, his response made me think that there already is a murder investigation going on that he didn't want public, but that he accidentally implied
If you go back to his very first pressor held in front of the house, he says he suspects foul play. Chief Walker has reeled in his leaky (true opinion) language in every interview since. IMO, he is an honest, forthright speaker. So nuances are probably not his strong suit. There is likely evidence not being disclosed which is pointing to the boys being deceased, even if only circumstantial.

Last edited:
“We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids (Chief Walker said "HITS") anywhere in the house.”

I find it quite interesting that the search dogs did not catch anything in the house. I mean this house should be soaked with smell of the boys so either Orrin and Orson went missing so long ago that their smell managed to dissapear, or they've never entered that house.

I think his statement could mean the search dogs did not find the children alive and hidden on the property, and the cadaver dogs did not find them dead and concealed on the property. I’m not convinced he’s saying the children had never been to the property. It may be they have never been there but I don’t think that’s what he’s saying in his statement.

Thank you for posting this article/interview with Chief Walker.

Snipped from the article:

We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

IMHO
See this worries me ? How crazy is this ?

Two missing boys: Chief of Police in California City gives new information on investigation

He says the police are still in contact with the adoptive parents, who have been cooperative throughout the investigation. He also confirmed that they are no longer in their home, and are now staying in Bakersfield.

“They’ve been back a couple of times to either take items out or whatever,” Walker said. “But we spot check it quite often and we don’t see a lot of activity in the house.”

He says there’s no possibility the boys, or the boys’ bodies, are in the house.

“We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any
kids (Chief Walker said "HITS") anywhere in the house.”

There’s still plenty of evidence and security footage to go through. So far, they’ve found nothing significant. Despite this, he says this case is far from getting cold.

“We’re not at a point now that we’re exhausted or want to give up.”

They previously had four supporting agencies on the investigation- but now they have two: the FBI and Bakersfield Police. Chief Walker says he appreciates search efforts from the community and encourages people to continue looking.

Bringing forward this very helpful post by @AmandaReckonwith.

BBM He is talking about the boys (or their bodies) not being in the house during the dog search, not that hey had never been there IMO

Last edited:
I find it quite interesting that the search dogs did not catch anything in the house. I mean this house should be soaked with smell of the boys so either Orrin and Orson went missing so long ago that their smell managed to dissapear, or they've never entered that house.
I think he was referring to cadaver dogs not picking up a scent. After they searched the house initially with search dogs, LE said the boys scent "never left" the house, and they could not work out how the boys managed to leave or which way they went.

So they may have picked up a scent inside the house, but it sounds like none of the search dogs picked up the boy's scent outside or in the neighborhood.

Later he said there was "not necessarily" evidence that the boys had been living in the house, so LE may not be sure whose scent they picked up, if at all. They probably asked for a pair of shoes, clothing, or a towel the boys had recently used. I'm wondering if any of those things were available for the dogs. They may have been confused with the other children's scents.

Imo

Thank you for posting this article/interview with Chief Walker.

Snipped from the article:

We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

IMHO

See this worries me ? How crazy is this ?

Worth clarifying. Consensus -- the article contains a misquote, error in transcription. Not "no kids". No HITS. He's speaking about the dogs, all kinds of dogs, no HITS anywhere inside or outside.

One word, huge difference!

JMO

Worth clarifying. Consensus -- the article contains a misquote, error in transcription. Not "no kids". No HITS. He's speaking about the dogs, all kinds of dogs, no HITS anywhere inside or outside.

One word, huge difference!

JMO
Exactly !!! I’m sure they had cadaver and search and rescue right ?
Thank you too btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member