Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the Source article:

Eyewitness News has acquired security cam footage from two days before they went missing.

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.

Chief Walker says the parents claim they dropped off four of their children, not including Orrin and Orson, at a family member's home that day. Walker says Dec. 19 was the last day the other four children say they saw Orrin and Orson.
Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing

At least local reporting turned into state and now national is trending. No new news but word is getting out.

Security camera footage from a neighbor, taken just two days before the brothers were reported missing, shows an adult holding the door of the West home open while four children go into a van, according to KBAK. Later the same day, two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, returned to the residence without any of the kids.
Young California brothers who vanished before Christmas still missing more than a month later
Okay, this is not a local station so I'm taking this report with a grain (or perhaps a box) of salt but their reporting is that the children did not go shopping with the parents.

The parents told authorities they dropped off their children, not including Orson and Orrin, before a shopping trip for Christmas.

Okay, this is not a local station so I'm taking this report with a grain (or perhaps a box) of salt but their reporting is that the children did not go shopping with the parents.

The parents told authorities they dropped off their children, not including Orson and Orrin, before a shopping trip for Christmas.
See I believe this is their story too. They took all 6 kids from CA City, dropped the 4 off and went shopping. Ok, so where did you go shopping TW and JW because you will be on video with the little boys. OR did you change your story and tell LE you didn't go shopping last minute because you know you didn't have the boys?!! LE isn't going to correct these details reported but I think reporting the number of children that they said left the house is crucial.

MOO

Please forgive me, but I’m getting ready to go to work and don’t have time to refresh my memory.

IIRC between the travel time to Bakersfield and back home, they had about an hour and a half to 2 hours for shopping and dropping the other 4 kids off at Grandma’s for vacation. I’ve never had 1 child, much less 4-6, but it doesn’t seem to be enough time to do anything but maybe AM running into a store to pick up a few things while the boys waited in the van.

It’s hard to see because if the grainy video, but did anyone see a suitcase or any kind of bag going into the van? I’d think 4 boys would have a fair bit of luggage if they were going on vacation for a few days. Clothes, favorite toys, etc.

MOO

And as its Christmas, some presents for extended family?

Eyewitness News has acquired security cam footage from two days before they went missing.

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.

Chief Walker says the parents claim they dropped off four of their children, not including Orrin and Orson, at a family member's home that day. Walker says Dec. 19 was the last day the other four children say they saw Orrin and Orson.
Yes, that's what I meant. Crime Online uses outside sources in their articles and @leighEg specifically tagged this link in her paragraph Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing as her source for her statement. There's no other reason why Leigh would say 6 kids when her own information source says 4 except that she made a mistake.

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2 tot boys still missing, vanish from home nearly 6 weeks ago

West couple later returning home alone goes directly to this link: Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing

Bakersfield Now reported 4 children shown in the footage not 6. I'm emphasizing this in order to keep an erroneous statement from growing legs and ending up falsely becoming "fact."

Last edited:
Where is the history of the children not being allowed outside prior to pandemic, exactly,please? Do you happen to have a link?

i dont have a link but the news talked to a former neighbor at the apt complex in Bakerfield and he stated that those kids never got to play outside w the other kids who were all outside. they prob are referring to that video/newsclip.

Yes, that's what I meant. Crime Online uses outside sources in their articles and @leighEg specifically tagged this link in her paragraph Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing as her source for her statement. There's no other reason why Leigh would say 6 kids when her own information source says 4 except that she made a mistake.

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2 tot boys still missing, vanish from home nearly 6 weeks ago

West couple later returning home alone goes directly to this link: Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing

Bakersfield Now reported 4 children shown in the footage not 6. I'm emphasizing this in order to keep an erroneous statement from growing legs and ending up falsely becoming "fact."
I see what you mean, I hadn’t noticed the tagged link in Leigh Egan’s report. My apologies for misinterpreting your post.

IMHO

I actually messaged Leigh on her fb and twitter asking for any clarification, I know she's aware of WS and likes Tricia, so I am hopeful she might respond but who knows. fingers crossed for any clarity at all!

So, basically we are back at square one. No actual named "Person of Interest". It is odd that the children in the home were removed, without any charges against the parents. Especially the biological children.
This was my concern as a mother if someone tried to remove my child , bio or adopted or whatever , while I’m mourning my negligent parenting and missing a child , i would lose my Mind. And I mean lock me up in a room with padded walls. How can their bio kids be in foster care yet they aren’t accused of a crime!?
WHAT are they saying now?!!!!
can someone please explain to me why these news articles keep misspelling TW name? It’s driving me insane, every article has a different spelling for his name.

Trezell West is how it's spelled, I've seen it all different ways too, unique name. Since he spelled it on camera the articles should not be getting it wrong! Lazy.

when the chief says "they were picked up" I think he means they did not walk away- they were lifted (either alive or deceased) and put in a vehicle to transport them somewhere, and that could include the AP. moo

Trezell West is how it's spelled, I've seen it all different ways too, unique name. Since he spelled it on camera the articles should not be getting it wrong! Lazy.

when the chief says "they were picked up" I think he means they did not walk away- they were lifted (either alive or deceased) and put in a vehicle to transport them somewhere, and that could include the AP. moo
In the original interview JW says she believes they were “PICKED up” also and I assumed it was just sloppy reporting of news with TW and his first name but as of today I’ve seen like 10 articles all spelling it differently . I don’t believe in coincidences. Just MOO

In the original interview JW says she believes they were “PICKED up” also and I assumed it was just sloppy reporting of news with TW and his first name but as of today I’ve seen like 10 articles all spelling it differently . I don’t believe in coincidences. Just MOO
you don't believe in coincidences? about the misspelling of his name? can you elaborate :)

I see what you mean, I hadn’t noticed the tagged link in Leigh Egan’s report. My apologies for misinterpreting your post.

IMHO
No worries, the site can get confusing since some articles are mainly a clearinghouse for media reports while other articles are interviews by staff. Leigh's a member here so hopefully she'll see that I tagged her.

If it was a typo...
Then we are left with one of these scenarios:

1. The children last saw O and O at a relative’s house the 19th

2. The children last saw O and O at their own home the 19th before the toddlers were left home alone

3. The children have been convinced they will be safe if they stick with parents’ story (and lied to police)

No matter which one- the parents definitely lied to authorities.
moo

How many other kids are there and when was that video recorded of the kids leaving and the parents coming back alone?

TIA!!!

If it was a typo...
Then we are left with one of these scenarios:

1. The children last saw O and O at a relative’s house the 19th

2. The children last saw O and O at their own home the 19th before the toddlers were left home alone

3. The children have been convinced they will be safe if they stick with parents’ story (and lied to police)

No matter which one- the parents definitely lied to authorities.
moo

How many other kids are there and when was that video recorded of the kids leaving and the parents coming back alone?

TIA!!!

NEVER MIND!!:

Here’s my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members