Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from the article & BBM

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports”

*I wonder if this is inaccurate reporting, or did LE confirm thru looking at add’l surveillance video that all 6 children did in fact get in the van on the 19th?
If the latter is true, and it’s been solidly confirmed that TW & JW came home later that day without any children,
were O & O handed off to someone????
What do y’all think?

IMHO

ETA: words, punctuation
Is there other security footage from other neighbors? That we don't know about yet?

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports”

*I wonder if this is inaccurate reporting, or did LE confirm thru looking at add’l surveillance video that all 6 children did in fact get in the van on the 19th?
If the latter is true, and it’s been solidly confirmed that TW & JW came home later that day without any children,
What do y’all think?

IMHO

Is there other security footage from other neighbors? That we don't know about yet?

They have a history of not letting them outside before the pandemic.

But as others have said; that sleepy lil neighborhood in the FENCE YARD away from strangers and only interaction with the same household members?

COVID19 isn't the real fear. Not for the Wests.
They took those kids public shopping allegedly.
But getting COVID19 in the backyard is slim to none.

Where is the history of the children not being allowed outside prior to pandemic, exactly,please? Do you happen to have a link?

Last edited by a moderator:
For normal mingling with new neighbors in a new place.
And I get that totally. In this case I think it was different... I think they intentionally didn't let them out and I also think those 2 boys got the brunt of things. It could of been only one, but they were brothers...if one went they both did because they couldn't risk one talking.

Maybe they were a thorn in their side because they were so young and it was more responsibility than they wanted? The money was good...they needed it, adoption would get CPS off their backs with O and O. Little did they know it wasnt quite so easy?

TW sure did put on a show for the cameras if this is them!

Only my opinions

Yes.
The long CCTV footage vid discusses the CCTV cameras opposite their house. There are several apparently, not just the footage we've seen.
Yes, agreed. (We saw a still of this particular camera before) I believe the footage just opposite to the house you can see plainly into the open lot on the east side of their house. Which I’m sure is one of the reasons LE states they have no idea what happened to the boys as they would’ve been caught on that camera after exiting the gate.

I think with the way they seemed to usually park their van that you wouldn’t be able to see the front door or the children at all from that vantage point. I personally believe that TW had a particular setup to stay as private as possible.
moo

Last edited:
Yes, agreed. I believe the footage just opposite to the house you can see plainly into the open lot on the east side of their house. Which I’m sure is one of the reasons LE states they have no idea what happened to the boys as they would’ve been caught on that camera after exiting the gate.

I think with the way they seemed to usually park their van that you wouldn’t be able to see the front door or the children at all from that vantage point. I personally believe that TW had a particular setup to stay as private as possible.
moo
Which is consistent with what the Bakersfield neighbours have said about him having a perfectly accessible parking lot but using a secluded one, paraphrasing, makes you wonder.

At least local reporting turned into state and now national is trending. No new news but word is getting out.

Security camera footage from a neighbor, taken just two days before the brothers were reported missing, shows an adult holding the door of the West home open while four children go into a van, according to KBAK. Later the same day, two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, returned to the residence without any of the kids.
Young California brothers who vanished before Christmas still missing more than a month later

Yes, agreed. I believe the footage just opposite to the house you can see plainly into the open lot on the east side of their house. Which I’m sure is one of the reasons LE states they have no idea what happened to the boys as they would’ve been caught on that camera after exiting the gate.

moo
He kept vehicle door open for privacy, I was trying to ascertain how it might have impacted the cameras closer to his house but I found it impossible from the vid.
And the blacked out windows can't have been much fun for the children.

And I get that totally. In this case I think it was different... I think they intentionally didn't let them out and I also think those 2 boys got the brunt of things. It could of been only one, but they were brothers...if one went they both did because they couldn't risk one talking.

Maybe they were a thorn in their side because they were so young and it was more responsibility than they wanted? The money was good...they needed it, adoption would get CPS off their backs with O and O. Little did they know it wasnt quite so easy?

TW sure did put on a show for the cameras if this is them!

Only my opinions
I'm just super conscious that our posts here are public and that's why I'm like a starving rat looking for evidence and holding back more than I say.
I try to keep my foot on the brake because I'm aware that words have consequences.

I'm just super conscious that our posts here are public and that's why I'm like a starving rat looking for evidence and holding back more than I say.
I try to keep my foot on the brake because I'm aware that words have consequences.
I honestly should keep my foot more on the brakes, it’s hard sometimes !!

What do y’all think?

IMHO

I think it's a typo. The link that accompanies that statement goes here:

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.
Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing

If it was a typo...
Then we are left with one of these scenarios:

1. The children last saw O and O at a relative’s house the 19th

2. The children last saw O and O at their own home the 19th before the toddlers were left home alone

3. The children have been convinced they will be safe if they stick with parents’ story (and lied to police)

No matter which one- the parents definitely lied to authorities.
moo

If it was a typo...
Then we are left with one of these scenarios:

1. The children last saw O and O at a relative’s house the 19th

2. The children last saw O and O at their own home the 19th before the toddlers were left home alone

3. The children have been convinced they will be safe if they stick with parents’ story (and lied to police)

No matter which one- the parents definitely lied to authorities.
moo
With everything thing in me I think the last time they saw them was in Bakersfield at the relatives.

MOO

I think it's a typo. The link that accompanies that statement goes here:

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids.
Security camera footage from two days before
Orrin and Orson West went missing
It looks to me to be 2 different sources reporting different information.

Below is the link that my post referenced. It’s definitely possible it’s a typo and/or source below (Crime Online), reported inaccurate information.
We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

2 tot boys still missing, vanish from home nearly 6 weeks ago

IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics