Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe that they were getting ready to be checked on in 2021. They still had foster children, CPS was well aware they had 6 children total. When they came in the home , they would want to make sure the living conditions had not changed. So right around Christmas , when holiday crimes go up...they reported them missing.

Not letting your kids play outside is ABUSE in my opinion. If they did not let them play outside... something was really wrong in that house.

MOO

LE will also sometimes release grainy footage that isn't very clear on purpose and the footage we have seen from thne neighbour was recorded via somebody filming his tv screen with a camera. LE no doubt have the original video file from the hardrive which will most likley be more clear than anything we have seen and as you say there very well me other video footage that's not been released.
The original footage was terrible, I thought it ridiculous that AV and this neighbor were saying that only 4 kids went in.. however the footage we saw come out yesterday was MUCH cleaner and I firmly believe I saw 4 children, no toddlers, get in the van. Moo

The original footage was terrible, I thought it ridiculous that AV and this neighbor were saying that only 4 kids went in.. however the footage we saw come out yesterday was MUCH cleaner and I firmly believe I saw 4 children, no toddlers, get in the van. Moo
Same. And unless loaded earlier, no suitcases/duffles for that "vacation at Grandma's".
I sure hope there is a material update on this case soon.

WHERE ARE THE BOYS

Amateur opinion and speculation

I honestly believe that they were getting ready to be checked on in 2021. They still had foster children, CPS was well aware they had 6 children total. When they came in the home , they would want to make sure the living conditions had not changed. So right around Christmas , when holiday crimes go up...they reported them missing.

Not letting your kids play outside is ABUSE in my opinion. If they did not let them play outside... something was really wrong in that house.

MOO
Sounds like the now notorious Turpin family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

MOO
You're right! All this time we had been told four kids were adopted, until Chief Walker clarified in last weeks interview, two of the four were fostered.

But if the boys were reported missing, surely they knew all the kids would be questioned. I wonder if they even considered all the kids would even be removed?
A home inspection should have been conducted before they moved to Cal City right? They would have to get permission to take the fosters out of Bakersfield. What about visitation? Were reunification services happening with the foster kids parents?

MOO
You're right! All this time we had been told four kids were adopted, until Chief Walker clarified in last weeks interview, two of the four were fostered.

But if the boys were reported missing, surely they knew all the kids would be questioned. I wonder if they even considered all the kids would even be removed?
A home inspection should have been conducted before they moved to Cal City right? They would have to get permission to take the fosters out of Bakersfield. What about visitation? Were reunification services happening with the foster kids parents?
You make good points too!!! Did they even get permission to move out of Bakersfield?? NO I dont think they thought the other children would be removed.....especially their bio children. I bet that threw them for a loop!!
If anything I bet they are really stressed about the fact them taking the other 4 children out of the home...LOOKS really bad!!!

moo

I 100% agree with you it was only 4 getting in the van. When they returned though, something seemed off on the passenger side.

MOO

I honestly can not believe they are not in jail. IF the boys are not on camera outside on the 21st, and the dogs did not smell their scent....then TW and JW lied to the police which is a criminal offense. There has to be a really really good reason LE wants them out right now...

MOO

“[CCPD] will continue to keep following up on the evidence that we do have, try to get more evidence, and continue to talk to more people and hope that someone out there sees them and comes forward,” said Walker.

"I'm still optimistic and I'm very hopeful they're still alive, my department, we're a small department, we're a small town, and we're all truly invested in this thing because we want to bring our kids home,” Walker told ABC News, “So I want to believe that they're alive."

Anyone with information is asked to contact the California City Police Department at 760-373-8606.
2 toddlers still missing after disappearance from California home nearly 6 weeks ago

hmmmmm what the heck!!!! color me surprised!
have the last two days been wacky reporting or what?!?!?! jeez.

"Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports.

Trezell West told investigators that they dropped off four of their children at a family member’s house after they were done shopping on December 19, but brought Orson and Orrin back home. Two days later, according to West, the boys were missing."

2 tot boys still missing, vanish from home nearly 6 weeks ago

Last edited:

"Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports.

Trezell West told investigators that they dropped off four of their children at a family member’s house after they were done shopping on December 19, but brought Orson and Orrin back home. Two days later, according to West, the boys were missing."

I know??? THEY have got to keep this story straight and 100% accurate. Unbelievable!

But yet we still have this statement from yesterday:
"Jon Walker, Police Chief for the California City Department, says the boys' adoptive parents claim they left their California City house on Dec. 19 with their six children, to go do Christmas shopping in Bakersfield.

Security camera footage from a neighbor shows an adult holding the door open while four children go into the van. Then later that day two adults, which appear to be Trazell and Jacqueline West, come back to the house without any kids."

I hope the chief feels like clarifying, otherwise we will be over here thinking in circles!!

Last edited:
Snipped from the article & BBM

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports”

*I wonder if this is inaccurate reporting, or did LE confirm thru looking at add’l surveillance video that all 6 children did in fact get in the van on the 19th?
If the latter is true, and it’s been solidly confirmed that TW & JW came home later that day without any children,
were O & O handed off to someone????
What do y’all think?

IMHO

ETA: words, punctuation

Last edited:

Security footage from a neighbor’s home, according to police, shows two adults leaving with all six children. Security footage also appears to show the West couple later returning home alone, without any of the children, Bakersfield Now reports”

*So is this inaccurate reporting, or did police confirm thru looking at more surveillance video that all 6 children did in fact get in the van? If the latter is true, and solidly confirmed that TW & JW came home alone, without any children, did they hand O & O off to someone????

IMHO
I often trust Leigh Egan, but I happen to think this is bad reporting, but now I think we have to wait... just patiently sitting on our hands hoping they feel like clearing this up for us :(

at least either way, both sources report that only JW and TW returned, alone, throwing a big wrench into their story. moo

Last edited:

*So is this inaccurate reporting, or did police confirm thru looking at more surveillance video that all 6 children did in fact get in the van? If the latter is true, and solidly confirmed that TW & JW came home alone, without any children, did they hand O & O off to someone????

IMHO

It would be great to have some clarification! . The video that i seen did indeed like look only 4 children got into the car but the quality was so low its impossible to be 100% sure. it would make sense if they did indeed leave with all 6 and return with none, that would explain how they actually left.

I often trust Leigh Egan, but I happen to think this is bad reporting, but now I think we have to wait... just patiently sitting on our hands hoping they feel like clearing this up for us :(

at least either way, both sources report that only JW and TW returned, alone, throwing a big wrench into their story. moo
Agree. Sometimes, her stories don’t line up with the most recent update.

IKR, how about saying "that's outlandish, rushed, accusatory and I won't accept our name being trashed like that"

o_O

Following as much true crime as I have over 30yrs?
Id probably say that I understand why you feel that way.

But I would also mentioned that once found the proof would exist.

I saw TW going through the motions on camera, could see a dog but not once on 21st do we see kids!

I lurk more than post but I would add that unless Theres clear abuse; DCF should make the SAME effort and financial assistance to keep the family together!

Too often we are losing kids due to parental poverty. Poverty is not a crime.

If fostering is worth 1-2k per month per child help out the bio fam!
Id wager my house neglect cases would drop by over half if we were just as ready to help in home as we are to pull them out.

Poor parents don't get a lawyer during the case plan and a lot of these workers automatically detest the mom.
It's cheaper to provide in home assistance with these children than it is to foster them out.

It's a lot less traumatic to the children and the parents are less likely to lose custody.

You can't lose a job, home or a hearing (30 days avg) before reunification without risking their parental rights.

Lose a home just before you are done? Kids gone forever. Lose a job, lose the children during a case plan.

You have 2yrs to complete it. But anything can mess you up at the end.

We talk about overhauling the system and that's where I would start!
Then those kids who are at severe risk can be placed easier. Less trauma to all families involved.

If only DCF worked with parents as close and as hard as they do fosters
Because why remove children from the mother if she's struggling with the bills and keeping lights on. That's neglect if you are cut off! That's a tick against you.

Some State's activity work against reunification for no reason at the end.

In my battle after a car accident not my fault - during reunification the State started with baseless accusations against me.

Id stand up and tell the court your honor if they want to bring in new complaints not on case plan then I need a lawyer. The State actually tried to put another woman rap sheet against me. Only one problem with the State argument?
I had proof of living overseas when they tried to put another woman rap sheet of drug charges against me! Their excuse when I took evidence that they were wrong as I was never arrested?
She has the same name and 2 boys....in a different states that I hadn't even been to before.

I saw women who tried but lost kids anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82