Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the above link:

But now the adoptive dad's family says they're targets -- not from authorities -- but from the public. "It is misguided to blame uncles and aunts and grandparents for children who are missing that we love and care about and are trying to find," Watkins said. "Right now there are people outside the home, talking about where are the boys," said West.

This is not helping in any way, it's just causing more grief for this family. It worries me these modern-day lynch parties are going to take matters into their own hands, the way we've seen in other situations on the news over the last few months.

TW's mom is clearly scared, as anyone would be with a flipping mob outside their house screaming "where are the boys". These people need to back off and let the PD do their job.

jmo

From the above link:

But now the adoptive dad's family says they're targets -- not from authorities -- but from the public. "It is misguided to blame uncles and aunts and grandparents for children who are missing that we love and care about and are trying to find," Watkins said. "Right now there are people outside the home, talking about where are the boys," said West.

This is not helping in any way, it's just causing more grief for this family. It worries me these modern-day lynch parties are going to take matters into their own hands, the way we've seen in other situations on the news over the last few months.

TW's mom is clearly scared, as anyone would be with a flipping mob outside their house screaming "where are the boys". These people need to back off and let the PD do their job.

jmo
And thank you to our Mods who quickly disperse any "virtual mobs" that assemble! What appears to be, isn't always necessarily so!
Time will tell.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Family of missing toddlers speaks out, says they're public targets

I agree, I think it’s ridiculous that they’re getting harassed! If TW and JW are there though that may be why they are outside? Either way it’s not ok. I think the police are building a case .
Moo
I've seen the various YT folks out at the extended families home. It was difficult to watch, those people need to channel their energy elsewhere. Honestly, I feel awful that the Watkins family is being harassed in this way, it's just not right! Let LE do their job.

ETA- I'm glad the family spoke up. Maybe now people will see them as victims, just like Ryan. The boys did not disappear on their watch.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

BBM. Where indeed!
If we knew whether it was *confirmed* that video didn't show the tikes leaving the Cal City home (on their own, or with another party(ies), it sure would be helpful to searchers. Similarly, it would be very useful to know when neighborhood video in Bakersfield last captured the children on video. At least we would have a confirmed starting point. Unless I missed it, I haven't seen anything confirming any sightings in Cal City. Anyone know otherwise?
Further, I'm super curious to hear of any eye witnesses to the Bakersfield shopping excursion. Who saw them, how many kids, and so forth. I'm hoping store videos still exist and weren't erased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Innocent until proven guilty. Evidence of the importance of this idea presents itself in this case. But as in many things, vigilante justice, demonstrations, mob rule, lies, distortion, false narratives, harassment, bullying, and intimidation have grown in the U.S. in recent years.

The Salem witch trials come to mind. Ouch. Now those folks were out of control.

Screaming a lie at the top of ones lungs doesn't make it a truth.

It is curious though, the last reported sighting was outside that home, yet the dogs caught no scent out there, yet LE have dug, and used ground penetrating technology in the surrounding yard. Not to mention LE comments they suspect foul play.

It's stuff like that, I speculate, that leads people to suspect things.

And too, the Cognitive, Emotional, and Social skills of each of us play a role in how we respond to the situations in our lives.

"Neighbor surveillance shows Trezell jumping into that van looking for the boys."

If you were looking for little kids who were missing, is jumping into a van and driving around the best plan? Wouldn't just a walk around the block, or even walking be a better plan?

Yes, children can wander off. Yes, random bad things happen. But, more often than not, if the kids had wandered off, if anyone had seen them they probably would have notified the police.

I wonder what the timeline for this family looks like in the week previous.

Bolded, underlined & italicized by me.

Ryan Dean’s Interview 23 abc 12/22/20:

(catches breath)

And I don’t understand, I just want my babies. If they found them give them back to me please!

(slight pause)

That’s all I want

(pause, catches breath, covers face & cries)

If they just find them I just want my kids back to me...

Whatever they want me to do...I’ll do (emphasizes) AGAIN! (pause) For my kids.

(wipes eyes)

I just hope their OK.

(catches breath, covers eyes and cries)

RSBBM

I believe RD’s emotions are genuine. Sure, she’s made mistakes and likely dealing with much grief and regret over some of her past choices. After all, she gave birth to O & O and is likely beating herself up more than anyone right now.
I do have compassion for her.

The boys didn’t vanish under RD’s watch. Her reaction to O & O missing is the same or similar to how I’d expect JW/TW to react, considering they are the boys’ adoptive parents. In their only media appearance, on 12/23/20, I didn’t observe anything close to TW/JW being upset, emotional, torn up. I get that not everyone reacts the same in these situations, some freeze, some are more stoic than others etc. sure, but it’s the fact that TW/JW didn’t voice any concern for tiny O & O, their safety, please whoever has them, let them come home to us etc etc., that I find to be more concerning than anything. It seemed to me, they just wanted to get their story out there, and it’s been crickets ever since.

IMO, TW/JW don’t live under a rock, and are aware people suspect them. Considering all the community/public outcry, and seemingly lynch mobbing going on, vigilantism (is that a word?), I guess I can understand them not wanting to get out in front of cameras, but if they’re truly innocent of any wrongdoing, I wonder how come they haven’t made some sort of public statement, through a Family spokesperson even, to relay their innocence and their concerns for little O & O? I’d think they’d want to put the public’s mind at ease, to quell the “noise” , rumors, and public suspicion swirling around them, especially too since their extended family is being publicly harassed. They haven’t offered any sort of public denial, “we didn’t do anything to O & O!, please leave us and our family members alone”, allow the authorities to their job etc.
I do find it extremely odd that they haven’t put forth some sort of statement, denying any involvement in O & O missing , considering the community’s concern for O & O, the harassment of their extended family, the overall public focus on them/the case.

I’d really like to believe TW/JW are innocent of any wrongdoing, but personally, I really find it hard to believe O & O were abducted, either targeted or randomly by someone just happening by, given TW was outside with them throwing wood. Even with TW going in and out of the house momentarily, there wouldn’t have been enough time to grab not just 1 but 2 struggling, most likely crying toddlers from the patio right outside the home’s backyard door with the parents only feet away, and within earshot. Way too risky.
It’s also hard for me to believe there was enough time for 2 toddlers venturing off back patio and their little legs and feet being fast enough to wander across the whole yard and out the back gate and become lost, without anyone hearing, noticing them wandering, and any of this not being picked up on neighborhood cameras. It’s hard to say that anything is impossible, but given the circumstances and all things considered, the above scenarios are just not plausible to my mind. So I ponder, what other options are there? I don’t like the answer, who wants to ever believe parents are evil and capable of harming their own children, yet we see it over & over again.

With all that said, in addition to how LE seems to be handling this case, suffice it to say, I’d be beyond shocked if either of the above scenarios end up being what happened to Orrin and Orson.

Still hoping and praying for a miracle, and these precious boys are found soon.

All of the above IMHOO

Last edited:
Innocent until proven guilty. Evidence of the importance of this idea presents itself in this case. But as in many things, vigilante justice, demonstrations, mob rule, lies, distortion, false narratives, harassment, bullying, and intimidation have grown in the U.S. in recent years.

The Salem witch trials come to mind. Ouch. Now those folks were out of control.

Screaming a lie at the top of ones lungs doesn't make it a truth.

It is curious though, the last reported sighting was outside that home, yet the dogs caught no scent out there, yet LE have dug, and used ground penetrating technology in the surrounding yard. Not to mention LE comments they suspect foul play.

It's stuff like that, I speculate, that leads people to suspect things.

And too, the Cognitive, Emotional, and Social skills of each of us play a role in how we respond to the situations in our lives.
Social and cognitive skills are certainly lacking in this motley crew harassing the extended family. One is left scratching one’s head. It is sad they cannot differentiate between innocent folk and a couple that are likely less than innocent. Regardless, even harassing the parents under whose watch all of this transpired is not in the best interest of the investigation or the public at large that have to put up with this nuisance. Maybe BPD need to go out to visit the neighbourhood and give these people what for to stop this insanity. JMHO.

"Neighbor surveillance shows Trezell jumping into that van looking for the boys."

If you were looking for little kids who were missing, is jumping into a van and driving around the best plan? Wouldn't just a walk around the block, or even walking be a better plan?

Yes, children can wander off. Yes, random bad things happen. But, more often than not, if the kids had wandered off, if anyone had seen them they probably would have notified the police.

I wonder what the timeline for this family looks like in the week previous.
How about calling out their names? Yelling for the boys. Did anyone hear him or her calling out for the boys?
Alerting neighbors to help.

How about calling out their names? Yelling for the boys. Did anyone hear him or her calling out for the boys?
Exactly! Most of us would have been out there yelling, no SCREAMING, and running and knocking on doors getting neighbours to check their backyards. But what does he do? Gets in his van (jumps?? didn’t see that at all!) and drives away leisurely and returns six minutes later and waits “patiently” by the tree for LE to arrive :rolleyes:. Don’t ask me what I think of a mother that couldn’t be bothered to even leave the house to search for HER missing boys!! :mad: TW made a point that they were THEIR boys. Too bad they couldn’t act like it. Big. Red. Flag. JMHO

I don't recall anyone saying they heard anyone calling the boy's names.
But no two ways about it, that's exactly what I'd do, as loud as I could, so if they were already down the block they still might be able to hear me. No question, the neighbors would hear me.
But no, no one has mentioned that they heard anyone calling the boy's names.

Absolutely I would get into my car and drive around

I don't recall anyone saying they heard anyone calling the boy's names.
But no two ways about it, that's exactly what I'd do, as loud as I could, so if they were already down the block they still might be able to hear me. No question, the neighbors would hear me.
But no, no one has mentioned that they heard anyone calling the boy's names.
Not too long ago I was at a discount store when a woman started shouting her child's name. Almost immediately a "Code Adam" (named after Adam Walsh), came over the loud speaker. Employees quickly went to exit doors, and others started methodically scanning the aisles and searching both men and women's restrooms. Every adult woman in that store looked at each other knowingly and immediately started searching as if we were a well trained swat team. The errant tot in question was found in the cookie aisle helping themselves to a package of fig newtons. Mom sobbed with relief while the rest of us chuckled in relief at the sight of this child stuffing their little face unaware of the drama they had caused.

A happy ending in this case, but reinforces O.M.'s point about shouting when a little one is missing. The Mom in this particular situation was absolutely frantic and could have cared less if she looked like a maniac mom or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member