Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA sorry for the repeat post, I see this upthread but thought Bayan just posted within last 5 mins

https://twitter.com/bayanwang/status/1368302368836571136?s=20

SEARCH UPDATE: The missing toddler brothers were not located during a Bakersfield Police Department search in Southeast #Bakersfield Saturday morning, BPD Sgt. Robert Pair confirms. BPD didn’t confirm whether any evidence in relation to the case was found at the search location

50+officers/fbi involved in search. Hoping that the switch to BPD will help this case unravel fast.

search area:
upload_2021-3-6_14-56-39.jpeg
Distance from casa loma (yellow blob): 2.4 miles:
upload_2021-3-6_15-1-6.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that there are definitely some problems with assessment, placement of children for adoption. There are bonuses attached to how many children a worker has placed. This is, of course, meant to provide rewards and incentives for work performance.

There are federal bonuses for states based on permanent places but not necessarily to individual employees. I have yet to find a county or other agency that compensates the workers based on placement although the belief that workers get bonuses is common enough that it seems likely they exist somewhere. It does not seem to be the norm.
There is pressure to make permanent placements, likely because those bonuses are either an expected part of the foster care budget or because they are taken by bureaucrats who then put pressure on employees to keep them coming.

There are federal bonuses for states based on permanent places but not necessarily to individual employees. I have yet to find a county or other agency that compensates the workers based on placement although the belief that workers get bonuses is common enough that it seems likely they exist somewhere. It does not seem to be the norm.
There is pressure to make permanent placements, likely because those bonuses are either an expected part of the foster care budget or because they are taken by bureaucrats who then put pressure on employees to keep them coming.

I would like to see a written policy that states people are compensated with bonuses based on placement. I highly doubt it exists. More often these types of jobs just come with a very high caseload that you are meant to carry and complete as part of your salaried job. Public defenders in my state are assigned and expected to carry 75 cases, some simple misdemeanors others more serious. They aren’t paid extra for the cases they close but when you are required to handle so many cases at once there are only so many hours per day you can work. It’s my understanding it is the same for CPS and placement workers.

They brought in canines. They cannot comment on any evidence found or the reason they conducted their search. One of the youtubers I watch for this case was briefly interviewed for this news segment

Last edited:
Since it appears to be a local dumping ground, I wonder if they’re looking for a burnt out car seat frame. Some people won’t pay to dump at a landfill or transfer station and prefer to litter the environment instead :mad:.
Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if they were following through on many previous or similar tips that had previously been called in. They have more personnel and more resources so they can search more thoroughly than they did before.

Also, they said they had executed about 20 warrants as a supporting agency, so it's possible they are following through on some of the evidence they found during those searches. Any samples that were sent off to a lab to be tested likely would have come back by now.

I would like to see a written policy that states people are compensated with bonuses based on placement. I highly doubt it exists. More often these types of jobs just come with a very high caseload that you are meant to carry and complete as part of your salaried job. Public defenders in my state are assigned and expected to carry 75 cases, some simple misdemeanors others more serious. They aren’t paid extra for the cases they close but when you are required to handle so many cases at once there are only so many hours per day you can work. It’s my understanding it is the same for CPS and placement workers.
Yes, I've never heard of caseworkers getting bonuses for any kind of placement. Many have a higher caseload than they can handle and they don't get paid extra for that, either. The children suffer in the end when not enough time or attention is given to them. Imo

Yes, I've never heard of caseworkers getting bonuses for any kind of placement. Many have a higher caseload than they can handle and they don't get paid extra for that, either. The children suffer in the end when not enough time or attention is given to them. Imo

What I read @whatiknow explaining, is that a STATE agency can receive a Federal $$$bonus for higher placement rates.

This probably supplements their underfunded agency & does not reach individual caseworkers. Should improve the overall quality of work life?

Absolutely not enough time & attention for the kids involved. Try here to make our world a better place:

Home
Court Appointed Special Advocates are volunteers who get to the the child & attend court & meetings on the child's behalf. Eyes, ears, and voice for kids in foster care.

jmho ymmv lrr

What I read @whatiknow explaining, is that a STATE agency can receive a Federal $$$bonus for higher placement rates.

This probably supplements their underfunded agency & does not reach individual caseworkers. Should improve the overall quality of work life?

Absolutely not enough time & attention for the kids involved. Try here to make our world a better place:

Home
Court Appointed Special Advocates are volunteers who get to the the child & attend court & meetings on the child's behalf. Eyes, ears, and voice for kids in foster care.

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, apparently states are receiving less (federal) money to support children in foster care since the family first act passed a few years ago. So maybe they do receive bonuses for placement.

I wonder if that has anything to do with how quickly the boys, and possibly all four boys, went from foster care to being adopted.

MAR 7, 2021
CA: OFFICERS CONDUCT NEW SEARCH FOR MISSING BROTHER | CNN | wfmz.com

1:45 minute video includes a clip of Sgt. Pair and also RW, bio cousin of the boys, and LV.

RW doesn’t speak but LV says they searched in the field off of Cotton Rd and E Pacheco Rd in early January. She says they’ve been there multiple times and a few areas around there, isn’t sure if their search was as “wide” as the LE search, but says they didn’t notice anything suspicious or anything to contact law enforcement about.

How on earth can you have SIX small boys and not be well known by your neighbors? Everyone knows that one family in the neighborhood with all the kids. So does the supermarket, the doctor's office, the dentist, the playground parents....and I could go on and on.

What has been going on here.....what type of a business do these AP's run? What do they do for a living to support SIX children. (Albeit two missing).

Amateur opinion and speculation
Exactly! I have four myself and I can guarantee that my neighbors know it!

Can you link to the story that says four adopted kids are related? I don't remember that, if true I think it may be an reporting error?

IMO, there is still a question as to "Adopted vs. Foster". I wish a reporter would ask that question of BPD. Clarification would answer some of our questions related to how involved CPS was with the West family, after the move to Cal City.
It wasn't an article. It was written in the family statement that "it should be noted that the two brothers are the youngest of 'four adopted siblings' and share two older siblings who are the biological children of their adoptive parents."

I don't think we will ever know who the bio dads are, since they allegedly gave up their parental rights.

But yeah, I'd really like to know if they were still fostering any of the children and how two kids managed to disappear in a home where two children were wards of the state and under CPS supervision.

From my understanding <modsnip> there are 3 sets of brothers.

1. O & O are one set
2. two bio boys of TW & JW are another set
3. and then one more set of brothers that was either fostered or adopted (both have been used to describe them).

This last set is bio to each other, but not bio with any of the other sets of brothers.

This could be completely wrong, but it's the impression I have from the MSM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members