GUILTY CA - Placer Co., Skeletal remains off Foresthill Road, Jan'18 - Trang Tran

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article235700217.html

A Citrus Heights man was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years to life in prison for second-degree murder in connection with the 2017 death of his wife, whose scattered, skeletonized remains were discovered weeks later by hikers in Placer County.

Michael Abeyta, 30, on July 23 pleaded guilty in Placer Superior Court to the Oct. 11, 2017, murder of his wife, Trang Tran.

His wives life was only worth 15 years or probably 1/2 of that. Murder should = Death or Life 100%

Last edited:
OCT 3, 2019
Friend Says People Raised Concerns About Husband Before Woman’s Remains Found in Placer County
A 15 year to life sentence is not enough for the Citrus Heights man who killed his wife, said a friend.

[...]

“Oh my God, I and all my friends, we're so shocked that we could not believe about that because in our minds she's very kind and very nice,” Vo said. “She didn’t deserve to be killed like this.”

[...]

She said she feels that Tran was lonely in a new country, eager to be in a couple and quick to ignore anything that might detract from the perfect scenario she was trying to create.

Vo said she had friends living near the couple when they were in Florida.

“Some of them know her husband and they give her advice that he is not a good person and she should be consider about that,” Vo said. “And do you know the feeling of the person when they’re in love and they don’t really consider about everyone around you will say about that.”

[...]

“I know it's very ... it's very sad. So, I don’t think 15 years is enough for the person who killed her. I think he deserves to be longer,” Vo said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back