Recovered/Located CA- Rebecca Parker Mankey, 46, Palo Alto, 19 April 2019 *Caused MAGA hat uproar

doodles1211

Reaction score
SJM-L-MANKEY-0420-e1555776728403.jpg

Authorities are searching for a woman who caused a national uproar — and received death threats — earlier this month after she publicly lambasted a 74-year-old man for wearing a Make America Great Again baseball cap at a Palo Alto coffee shop.

Rebecca Parker Mankey was reported missing Friday morning when she didn’t return to her home in Palo Alto after visiting a friend in Lake County, said Sgt. Aaron Clark of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.

Clark said investigators believe Mankey went off the grid to avoid the avalanche of negative attention she has received.

“We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk,” Clark said in a phone interview late Friday night. “We’ve determined from the people we’ve talked to that she is voluntarily missing.”

Two separate cellphone pings performed by law enforcement placed Mankey in the Aberdeen area of Washington state on Friday, authorities said.

Sgt. Darrin King of the Aberdeen Police Department said all the department’s officers are aware of what Mankey looks like, and have been asked to keep an eye out for her.

“Sometimes people just don’t want to be found,” King said Sunday. “Not that they’re going to do anything wrong, they just don’t want to be contacted.”

King said if officers locate her, they would use caution, ensure Mankey is safe, and not being taken anywhere against her will.

On April 1, Mankey berated the man at a California Avenue Starbucks for wearing a red MAGA cap made famous by President Donald Trump, then posted about the encounter on her Facebook page.

“He will never forget me and will think seriously about wearing that hat in my town ever again,” she wrote.

The post sparked a social media firestorm and national debate about whether Mankey’s actions reflect the country’s political divide or represent out-of-bounds extremism.

Mankey received death threats and was forced to resign from her job at Gryphon Stringed Instruments, a company that sells, rents and repairs used and vintage musical instruments. She also stepped down as a co-chair, officer and member of the Bayshore Progressive Democrats.

“Parker felt strongly that she wanted to use her privilege as a white woman to stand up for those who are living in fear because of the hateful atmosphere fostered by Trump,” the club wrote on its Facebook page.

“Unfortunately the manner in which she chose to stand up against a slogan that stands for racism led to an even stronger hateful response that has endangered her and her family.”

Anyone with information about her whereabouts can call Sgt. John Gregore of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office at 707-263-2690.

Woman at center of Palo Alto MAGA still at large

SJM-L-MANKEY-0420-e1555776728403.jpg

Authorities are searching for a woman who caused a national uproar — and received death threats — earlier this month after she publicly lambasted a 74-year-old man for wearing a Make America Great Again baseball cap at a Palo Alto coffee shop.

Rebecca Parker Mankey was reported missing Friday morning when she didn’t return to her home in Palo Alto after visiting a friend in Lake County, said Sgt. Aaron Clark of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.

Clark said investigators believe Mankey went off the grid to avoid the avalanche of negative attention she has received.

“We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk,” Clark said in a phone interview late Friday night. “We’ve determined from the people we’ve talked to that she is voluntarily missing.”

Two separate cellphone pings performed by law enforcement placed Mankey in the Aberdeen area of Washington state on Friday, authorities said.

Sgt. Darrin King of the Aberdeen Police Department said all the department’s officers are aware of what Mankey looks like, and have been asked to keep an eye out for her.

“Sometimes people just don’t want to be found,” King said Sunday. “Not that they’re going to do anything wrong, they just don’t want to be contacted.”

King said if officers locate her, they would use caution, ensure Mankey is safe, and not being taken anywhere against her will.

On April 1, Mankey berated the man at a California Avenue Starbucks for wearing a red MAGA cap made famous by President Donald Trump, then posted about the encounter on her Facebook page.

“He will never forget me and will think seriously about wearing that hat in my town ever again,” she wrote.

The post sparked a social media firestorm and national debate about whether Mankey’s actions reflect the country’s political divide or represent out-of-bounds extremism.

Mankey received death threats and was forced to resign from her job at Gryphon Stringed Instruments, a company that sells, rents and repairs used and vintage musical instruments. She also stepped down as a co-chair, officer and member of the Bayshore Progressive Democrats.

“Parker felt strongly that she wanted to use her privilege as a white woman to stand up for those who are living in fear because of the hateful atmosphere fostered by Trump,” the club wrote on its Facebook page.

“Unfortunately the manner in which she chose to stand up against a slogan that stands for racism led to an even stronger hateful response that has endangered her and her family.”

Anyone with information about her whereabouts can call Sgt. John Gregore of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office at 707-263-2690.

Woman at center of Palo Alto MAGA still at large

BBM:

I read this woman's vitriolic post on FB. It was both spiteful and unhinged.
She approached an elderly man who was sitting in a public coffee shop, minding his own business, and attempted to generate a mob scene by screaming at him and accusing him of being a racist and a fascist.

Never mind the fact that she did not know the man from Adam.
He was wearing a hat she didn't like.
Talk about fascist.
How ironic....and hypocritical.

The overwhelming likelihood is that she is voluntarily missing.
The police believe she is voluntarily missing.

Clearly, she is a very attention-seeking individual, as evidenced by both her actions and her appearance. She wants to stand out in a crowd, and is also willing to do whatever it takes to draw a crowd, apparently.

I for one am not going to be giving her any of the attention she so desperately craves.

All of the Above: JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

She approached an elderly man who was sitting in a public coffee shop, minding his own business, and attempted to generate a mob scene by screaming at him and accusing him of being a racist and a fascist.

He was wearing a hat she didn't like. How ironic.
Talk about fascist.
What a hypocrite.

Clearly, she is a very attention-seeking individual, as evidenced by both her actions and her appearance. She wants to stand out in a crowd, and apparently is willing to do whatever it takes to draw a crowd, apparently.

I for one am not going to be giving her any.

I believe she is voluntarily missing as well. However, I suppose that they cannot rule anything out at the moment, as she did receive death threats after the scene she caused. IMO... seeking even more attention possibly.

BBM:

He was wearing a hat she didn't like.
Talk about fascist.
How ironic....and hypocritical.

Clearly, she is a very attention-seeking individual, as evidenced by both her actions and her appearance. She wants to stand out in a crowd, and is also willing to do whatever it takes to draw a crowd, apparently.

I for one am not going to be giving her any of the attention she so desperately craves.

That could have been my elderly father and his maga hat. We do not even remotely connect together in politics, but, no, you don’t attack him. My sister and I glare at him enough!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back