CA CA - Rev. Leslie Crane, 39, Laytonville, 18 Nov 2005

OK. Pretty crazy update here. While making the movie I interviewed an ex Mendocino Sheriff officer named Trent James so I could ask a former cop about the culture in that area. Trent has nothing to do with the murder investigation, and was actually in high school when Les was killed, so he should have no bearing on the Sheriff solving the murder, but he does. You see, Trent has been on a mission of exposing dirty cops in Mendocino County for the last couple of years after leaving the force, and he ran for Sheriff against Matt Kendall in the last election, so they have some bad blood.

When I spoke to Sheriff Matt Kendall he let me know that Trent being in the film would somehow hinder Les's murder investigation, which is something that ex-sheriff Tom Allman agreed with when I spoke to him as well. When asked how he could hinder it, they have no real explanation. But let me be clear, I had asked several times to interview the Sheriff and or detectives, and every time they said no anyway, so I think Trent was just an excuse not to do their job.

When I started this investigation, the remaining living witness Sean Dirlam, made a comment that Jen Drewry "threw him under the bus", but backtracked when I asked him about it during the first couple months of the investigation. It was not until the first day of filming, and hundreds of hours chasing all kinds of leads, that Sean finally said that he felt like Jen set him up. Sean claimed to not have figured it out until after his divorce several years prior, but he let me go on several wild goose chases that he knew were going to lead no where.

After going to California to follow the leads he had regarding Jennifer, I was given the names of two people that were involved, and from there I showed Sean pictures of them, and some of their family members, and Sean identified a person and said he will testify in court that he was involved in the murder. A person close to the named suspect alleged that the same suspect admitted to the murder, but they are scared to come forward because they don't trust the Sheriff's office.

I had to nearly force the Sheriff to look into this lead. I gave them the information that the Suspect was involved in January of 2023, yet they didn't interview him till November after a scathing email I sent to them asking why they were not doing their jobs.

The police said that since I did not provide Sean with a six pack line up of potential suspects, that I somehow tainted to identification made by Sean. Now remember, I had shown Sean dozens of images during the goose chase of possible suspects and he never once bit, but as soon as he saw the one we have identified he knew it was him. Here is the conundrum, Sean is claiming he did not know the person prior to the robbery, and the police say that Sean would have needed to know him prior to be able to truly identify him. The police spoke with Sean again, and Sean said they were more interested in who I was and why I was making this movie than solving the murder. He was told months ago they'd contact him with a six pack line up, but they never contacted him again. Sean also told me that when they asked about me, the guy who has been trying to solve the murder, Sean told them I was a snake.

Sean is not happy with me since I do not believe that he didn't know the suspect and his crew prior to the murder, and I let him know that. Les is the one who said "they came to see the Count today", with the Count being Sean Dirlam, so everything points towards him knowing who killed Les.

I gave Sean a polygraph and he passed on the question of the named suspect being involved, but failed on the question of not knowing him prior to the killing, and on if he was involved with a drug deal with the suspect prior to the killing. I know most of the interested parties, including the police, are following this thread, and that this post might make some feel uncomfortable, but this is the truth of what has happened and where the case stands. Known killers are walking free and nothing is being done about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back