CA - Robert Limon, 38, murdered, Tehachapi, 17 Aug 2014

According to her and her sisters testimony that she wasn't into money at all when asked by the DA. They were discussing the life insurance policy through the railway, interesting If you google you can find her email is

Shopaholicbree@gmail.com

That speaks volume
When Sabrina's sister spoke on the stand of her own husband's settlement from Santa Fe; it seemed apparent she was well versed in how to obtain money from them. The sisters were "so close" according to testimony. Do you think those sisters didn't talk during her husband's pursuit of settlement? I've considered that may have been when the seed was planted in SL's mind.

The scheduled sentencing of Sabrina Limon, convicted of murder in her husband's 2014 killing in Tehachapi, was postponed more than three months Friday after she replaced her attorney to prepare a motion for a new trial.

Limon, 38, has retained Woodland Hills-based Sharon Beth Marshall. Richard Terry, who defended Limon at trial, was relieved of his duties during Friday's brief hearing.

Marshall declined comment afterward. Sentencing for Limon, who faces a life term, is now set for Feb.16.
http://www.bakersfield.com/special/...cle_bf209326-c0a8-11e7-a37c-83b37baa616d.html

Basis for new trial, ineffective counsel? Will it be granted?

to elaborate. shes getting older, and looking rougher, her "ingénue" "naiteve" is all but gone.

I can't see her getting a retrial on the basis of 'ineffectual counsel'.

He did his job but he didn't have much to work with. So he put her on the stand as the lynchpin of their defence, and she did him and herself no favours whatsoever - as this juror confirms:

video interview with juror at link:

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news/exclusive-juror-speaks-out-on-sabrina-limon-trial/857494208

When asked: 'What did you think of her testimony?'
The juror replied: 'She didn't help herself.'

... and she didn't. The juror talks about the complete lack of empathy jury members had with her, she also says that she feels that the fact that there were a lot of women on the jury was a ploy to elicit sympathy - but it backfired.

What case has Sabrina got even if it was retried? It really does come down to what Smith said in his closing 'he said ... she lied'. Jonathan Hearn is by far the more credible witness. The jury believed him and they didn't believe Sabrina. Also his case is backed by the evidence while her defence is backed by nothing .... just her word. There were no witnesses for the defence, not even character witnesses, just herself, her sister, her current squeeze and her kids. And the jury didn't like that either - putting the kids on the stand in a further bid to elicit sympathy so that also backfired.

Even if she was granted a new trial - what way could her new defence lawyer come at it? Put Sabrina on the stand again or not? Put the kids on the stand again or not? What they would have to do is find more witnesses and evidence to back up Sabrina's version of events - but if that exists then where has it been until now?

By putting her on the stand her counsel gave her an opportunity to defend herself and she didn't. On trial for murder and she makes wide eyes and girlie grins to the jury, shrugs her shoulders and gives vague mumbling responses. Sabrina was so sure her cutesy smiley persona and sexuality were going to win people over and get her what she wants, because it always has ... but this time it didn't work, and is unlikely to work again. Without the make up, nails, hair and fancy outfits - sitting there in court she's odd looking, ugly almost - and without the physical adornments, the cutesy, girlie behaviour just looks ridiculous and the larger than life, soul of the party persona that everyone described ... just comes across as shallow and narcissistic.

We'll have to wait until February to see what happens .. but for me, she got a fair trial and her counsel was committed to trying to save her, but he had next to nothing to work with, least of all Sabrina herself.

About the pudding thing - I recently listened to a podcast and they said she had a large bowl of pudding that was fine, and a single serve bowl that was poisoned, and she put the single serve bowl in her husband’s lunch box the same night JH brought the pudding over.

So, based on that, since her kids probably wouldn’t be getting into their dad’s lunchbox and the large bowl wasn’t poisoned, I don’t think it’s odd that she’d put it in the fridge.

About the pudding thing - I recently listened to a podcast and they said she had a large bowl of pudding that was fine, and a single serve bowl that was poisoned, and she put the single serve bowl in her husband’s lunch box the same night JH brought the pudding over.

So, based on that, since her kids probably wouldn’t be getting into their dad’s lunchbox and the large bowl wasn’t poisoned, I don’t think it’s odd that she’d put it in the fridge.

My husband loves bananas so much if I would have called and said the bananas were bad he would have eaten them anyway or picked the bananas out and eaten the pudding. [emoji15]

The juror says in interview that they found the whole banana pudding thing plausible and it may have happened just the way Jonathan Hearn said it happened. But there was no 'evidence' of it and that is why they never found her guilty of that particular charge.

With everything else there was supporting evidence - through phone calls, texts, emails, and logistical evidence and that's why they had no problems bringing a guilty verdict. She said there was no dissent. No-one needed to be persuaded as to Sabrina's culpability in regard to the planning and execution of Rob's murder.

Bananas look black when they are bad. Dumb story lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a stupid, stupid, crime!... it had cackhanded crazy all over it, from go to whoa.. I saw a tiny bit in an old newspaper and looked up this killing of Robert Limon, watched all the trial, the clips, the mum , the dad, the sister, witnesses, the lot, and finally wound up here on WS, where the real stuff begins.. The mother, in particular, was /is so far off the scale of common sense as to be a walking miracle for actually managing to breathe...

oh , Sabrina is so stupid!.. she was the worst, the very worst by far of any witness, certainly of any female accused taking the stand that I have ever seen , in a long trail of viewing this kind of thing. She takes the cake for some of the most willful, persistant, relentless silliness anyone every undertook in a court of law.

Every defence lawyer woodsheds their client, they have to practice over and over again, people are hired to yell at them as if it was the prosecutor, they have to have it nailed, and that's just in a minor case, but in a murder case!!

She, Sabrina, must have been all the nightmares her defence lawyer ever had, in his worst days. She could not be told. There is no cure for this. She genuinely thought her naked, raw 'personality'.. her 'looks'.. ( she reminded me forcefully of the back end of a baboon ) her 'aura' would simply prove to be irresistible to the judge , the jury and the prosecuting counsel.

She couldn't even get her own story straight!..

Hearn.. a class A psychopath. She certainly didn't know this, but she did intuit that she could run him like a mob of cattle, and in this she was right But she did not have the perspicacity to understand that Hearn was of a whole other genre, way, way out of her league, for all his baby faced dinkiness.

And I think he saw her for a woman he could persuade , as well. Some thing in her resonated in him, the element of batshite crazy, that echoed his own fantasy. His mother, father and sister, ditto. Nuts, and missing a large part of the capacity to see sense in the everyday aspect of life.

Kelly Bernadene, simply super, one of the best witnesses, like a good soldier, she told it how it was, chips could fall where they may, she neither embellished nor diminished the narrative, .. a truly compelling witness. Her husband, weird, but no less straight , mostly A weak kind of guy, how him and Kelly got together is anyone's guess.

I am so intrigued now about her attempt at a new trial. . the thing is, she didn't get cross with her attorney until the verdict was in.. a bit late, really, she should have been keeping a complaint file from the start.. but I don't know enough about the convoluted Californian law on that aspect of adjudication.

those terrible , ghastly phone calls between Sabrina and Hearn!!.. my god!.. is this what affairs are , in essence?. hours of time wasted... Totally devoid of sparkle, interest, logic, rationale, cohesion, just babble babble babble!..

I laughed till I cried trying to listen to it..

on what alternate planet could this Hearn mother imagine, in the furtherest extent of stretching credibility to it's utter breaking point, could this Mother Hearn imagine that she was called to minister to the woman who persuaded her son to murder her husband?..

I mean.. even for California.. even, some would say , for Bakersfield, which for decades has been the butt of all the jokes about how nuts Californians can be , unprovoked, just naturally, even, as I say, for Bakersfield, for Barstow, this peculiar event hits a new low?

the Hearn Dad!... words fail me. .. except. there is something so terribly perverse that both these parents are 'educators'... by what yardstick could this be measured by, in this constellation we currently inhabit?...

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news/sabrina-limon-back-in-court-monday/940876213

another appearance by what could possibly be one of the worlds most stupidest murderers........ it is hard to believe that her IQ has been raised in any significant quantity whilst residing in prison, at the Central California Women's correctional centre.. I don't think anyone has emerged from Chowchilla cleverer than when they went in..

There is a cosy section for Death Sentence inmates there, too.. and about 21 women lifers, as well. oh dearie me, Sabrina.. This , clearly , is God's purpose.. comforting poor old Betty Broderick, and Leslie Van Houten, it's a lifetimes work!...

I'm interested in how her tilt at a new trial, with a new attorney, goes on Monday.. . so far, the only thing that went wrong is the jury found her guilty after an embarrassingly swift 7 hour deliberation...

I first learned about this case from Dateline. Once I saw the intro, I stopped watching, came here, and then went to find the trial on YouTube. I am surprised this case did not draw more attention (as others have mentioned). Its one of the most interesting trials I have ever watched.

I definitely believe that Sabrina was the one who decided to murder Rob. Jonathan is clearly very intelligent. Not necessarily street smart, but I'm guessing he would score pretty high on an IQ test. He really flushed his life down the toilet. He had everything going for him- high paying job, sounds like he was on track to go really far professionally, good looks, tall, young, and healthy. And despite all this, he let his emotions take him completely off track and now he will be a felon his in 50's when he gets out. What a waste of a life.

They were both just so stupid.

oh She thought she was the groundbreaking Housewife of San Bernadino.... When she says, at her trial, ( her tactless lawyer asks her ) had she finished high school, she does a little pout and says ,' well... noooo..'... that particular moment embarrassed her more than any murder, any idiotic highly unsexy phone calls, more than any amount of silly toy boy affair.

I sincerely hope her effort to get a new trial is completely unsuccessful, but she could be stupid enough to believe in it, merely because she got the 'wrong ' verdict. I can't imagine a jury in the world would not unanimously agree that she Planned The Whole Thing. From Go to Whoa.. it was All Her Own Work.

The poor Hearn bloke, he didn't know he had it in him, but this is what happens when people, of a certain cast of mind , become afflicted with religiosity and run with it, to this inevitable end.

And how annoying she was. Every time the prosecutor referred to her husbands death as 'murder' , every time her defence referred to the murder as 'passing away' and she, her, Madame Nutso , referred to her husbands planned execution as 'she lost him.. !!. 'when I lost Rob'... 'when Rob was lost.'..

It had me crying weak tears of disbelief.

Motion for new trial in Sabrina Limon case argues ineffective counsel, lying prosecution witness

The trial attorney for convicted murderer Sabrina Limon provided ineffective counsel and in particular should never have let his client take the stand, where her testimony was "abysmal," Limon's new attorney argues in a recently filed motion seeking a new trial. The motion states defense attorney Richard Terry ignored Limon's assertions she wouldn't be good on the stand, then failed to properly prepare her. Limon, the motion states, had no idea even what questions he was going to ask of her.

"Sabrina Limon, in Biblical terms, was the sacrificial lamb in the trial," Woodland Hills-based attorney Sharon Beth Marshall wrote in the motion filed Tuesday. "Unknowing, she convicted herself."

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/mot...cle_dee52c1e-0c28-11e8-b6e4-07342da78fe6.html

I agree it was a big mistake putting her on the stand - but if he hadn't, what defence was there left? They brought her kids in to tug on the jury's heartstrings, but there's little they could bring in the way of actual 'evidence' to support her innocence. They put her sister up there - who like Sabrina did herself no favours and was not a particularly credible witness, an ex boyfriend who was involved in the 'open marriage' and was currently 'seeing' Sabrina, and then they reeled out a female who Jonathan Hearn was in touch with via text. That was it! Not one of them was able to put even a tiny dent into the prosecution case. If Sabrina hadn't taken the stand - what else was there? To be fair to Richard Terry, he didn't have a whole lot to work with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back