CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

The DNA test has been handled by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They contacted Madison directly.

Jesse went to the police station today, here in Madison. The same station were I have been harassing a few cops about Rose's missing persons report and DNA test. Jesse was running late so the officer called me looking for him. This is the first time I talked to this guy. He was very nice!

NCMEC, wanted me to send them the envelope I had from one of Rose's letters to see if they can extract any DNA from it. I sent the envelope with Jesse and I burned a couple of CD with Rose's letters, legal documents, pictures, forum link, etc, to be sent with the envelope.

When talking to the officer, he said this was the first time he had heard of Rose. I gave him Rose's Madison case number and "lightly" mentioned my harassment to his co-workers :)

He asked me about Rose, and I explained as much as I could in the short amount of time we had to talk. (Jesse was almost there). I asked him to keep a copy of the CD and warned him that once he started to read her letters, he will be one of us. He laughed and said that he understood.

And to think, I was about to give up on Madison PD!

His DNA will go into the same database that COP Marin County wanted. Once is there it will look at all Jane Does around the country that have DNA on file, including California Jane Doe(doacop)

ISA

That is great news Isabela. Are you still in contact with doacop? There is something that was mentioned by I think Heartoftexas awhile back that he might be able to help with. In Roses last letter, she mentioned that she was very sick from a kidney infection. Maybe doacop could check hospital records in the Chinatown area around that date. It's a long shot, if she went to a hospital, she might not have used her name. It would be worth looking into if there is any way possible to do it.

IsabelaPR said:
His DNA will go into the same database that COP Marin County wanted. Once is there it will look at all Jane Does around the country that have DNA on file, including California Jane Doe(doacop)

ISA
As much as we all are excited for the progress, at the same time, my heart aches....I do not want to find her this way! :snooty: I DO NOT want her to be a Jane Doe found on a database by DNA! :snooty:

I want to find her ALIVE. So we can show her how much she IS loved. :dance:

Shadow205 said:
That is great news Isabela. Are you still in contact with doacop? There is something that was mentioned by I think Heartoftexas awhile back that he might be able to help with. In Roses last letter, she mentioned that she was very sick from a kidney infection. Maybe doacop could check hospital records in the Chinatown area around that date. It's a long shot, if she went to a hospital, she might not have used her name. It would be worth looking into if there is any way possible to do it.
Where exactly is Chinatown? What is the date of the letter? I just found a huge database on hospitals and clinics in CA, but don't know where Chinatown is. I will write everyone of them if needed, sending her pics and dates and condition...maybe someone will help us.

I have given up on the 'mapping' her possible route....just too complicated, and after thinking I don't think it will help in finding her.

Chinatown is near downtown SF. It's just a few blocks away. I researched clinic databases a few mos. ago and wrote to one of them but, like everything else, nobody answered me.

HeartofTexas said:
Chinatown is near downtown SF. It's just a few blocks away. I researched clinic databases a few mos. ago and wrote to one of them but, like everything else, nobody answered me.
Yeah, I know, I get a lot of none responses too.

I spent the last couple of hours at work today hitting the newspapers again, this time though I went with different reporters, asking if they are interested in running a story on her...nothing last time...we'll see.

BTW, what are the best areas to concentrate, Oakland? Those are the papers I am hitting, or SanFran?

Maybe I am targeting the wrong area....there is so much info on here I can't keep up..someone tell me what cities to hit for media/newspapers...I only sent a few today, so if it was wrong areas, it's OK.

I said earlier that it was near downtown, but I think the more correct way to refer to that area is the Financial District. The FD runs along California Street (and around some other blocks) and Chinatown is near Grant and Stockton (just in case you have a map of the area that you're looking at). From the Bank of America Headquarters Bldg., it was just about a 2 block walk to Chinatown.

Christine, I would concentrate on SF rather than Oakland. She mentioned SF in her last letter home and also mentioned Chinatown... so apparently she left Oakland (which is just across the bridge from SF) and headed to SF anywhere from Dec. to February. I think she was in Chinatown when she wrote about the kidney infection.

HeartofTexas said:
Christine, I would concentrate on SF rather than Oakland. She mentioned SF in her last letter home and also mentioned Chinatown... so apparently she left Oakland (which is just across the bridge from SF) and headed to SF anywhere from Dec. to February. I think she was in Chinatown when she wrote about the kidney infection.
Thanks HOT...I knew you'd tell me where to 'go'.

Listen ya'll, besides the time I have been sneaking at work to do stuff on some of the missing cases, I am really bogged down right now with Homeschooling.

Can everyone #1 forgive me for not working on Rose's page for the Wiki Site and :loser: 2nd, can someone take this on. It wouldn't be hard for someone that knows Rose's story, they give a template and everything to follow, very straightforward.

And last, I had asked in an earlier post, can we put her on there, it is called Wiki ABDUCTED/MISSING?

I'm sorry ya'll about not having the time to spend on here right now....what the heck was I thinking to homeschool! Please pray for me!

Christine, of course we understand! I read your homeschooling schedule (and work schedule, and hubby's schedule, etc.) on another thread... and I totally understand. Your evenings are going to be like a bullet train going thru the house!

I can write Rose's story if someone else can do the webpage. I am TOTALLY challenged in that area, so don't even want to pretend to be able to take it on.

And again, I FEEL ISABELA WOULD TOTALLY AGREE TO US PUTTING ROSE ON THE WIKI ABDUCTED/MISSING website if she would just see this note (which is why it's in all caps, so she might see it!).

HeartofTexas said:
Christine, of course we understand! I read your homeschooling schedule (and work schedule, and hubby's schedule, etc.) on another thread... and I totally understand. Your evenings are going to be like a bullet train going thru the house!

I can write Rose's story if someone else can do the webpage. I am TOTALLY challenged in that area, so don't even want to pretend to be able to take it on.

And again, I FEEL ISABELA WOULD TOTALLY AGREE TO US PUTTING ROSE ON THE WIKI ABDUCTED/MISSING website if she would just see this note (which is why it's in all caps, so she might see it!).
Getting ready to crash, but wanted to check in..Isabela said it was fine, my worry was just it is a site for abducted, so would this story be acceptable?

And thanks HOT, for your understanding in my busy schedule right now.
smile3.gif

If your willing to do it, I'll PM you, you will be amazed at how easy it is, like typing an email!.... we can 'talk' about it. PM me if you want me to explain it and we can get this started. And actually, if you are worried about the posting on the page, I can do all that, I just need the info...ugh, I am soooooooo tired right now, LOL....I'll PM you tomorrow.

Thanks again!
yes2.gif

it just dawned on me she said in her last letter she had a kidney infection she would have had to recive medical attention in order for her to know about the infection i think we need to look into hospital records or walk in clinics in that area

smile22 said:
it just dawned on me she said in her last letter she had a kidney infection she would have had to recive medical attention in order for her to know about the infection i think we need to look into hospital records or walk in clinics in that area
That's what I am working on now smile, gmta!

Christine, I forgot that was the main issue... that Rose probably wasn't abducted. Is there a category on Wiki called Vanished??? Or just Missing?

HeartofTexas said:
Christine, I forgot that was the main issue... that Rose probably wasn't abducted. Is there a category on Wiki called Vanished??? Or just Missing?
I am not sure, will have to research, the only page I was aware of was called "Wiki-Abucted Missing"...I believe.

Shadow205 said:
Isabela,

Do not feel like you failed. You opened the door and got people's attention. People there now know about Rose and something could come out of that. I found contact information for Governor Jennifer M. Granholm. Here it is:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Governor Jennifer M. Granholm

P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, Michigan 48909
[/font]

PHONE: (517) 373-3400​
PHONE: (517) 335-7858 - Constituent Services
FAX:(517) 335-6863

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]State Agency Support - The Governor is committed to assisting anyone who has encountered difficulty reaching a resolution with a state governed agency, or anyone who is unsure of whom to contact to address a particular concern. If you are having a problem that you would like assistance with, please use this form.[/size][/font]

I think that it would be a good idea to send in that form. Explain to the Governor that you went to Flint, MI and feel that you got the runaround while trying to get Rose listed as a missing person. Stress the fact that Rose was a juvenile sent there by the judicial system. Ask for her assistance. I think that it is time for you to go up the ladder.

Isabela,

Did you ever get a reply from the Governors office? If not send it again or call. Also did you ever get a missing person report done with a case number?

Shadow205 said:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37727&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Rose+Cole

I have been going back through the old thread today. I am trying to see if there is something that we were going to do that got overlooked.
GMTA! Over the weekend I printed it out, the whole thing!!!! It was ALOT of paper. (Luckily I get free paper from work, it is just used on one side so I take it home and use the other side ;) )

Anyhow, I haven't had time to read it.....I skimmed it and that is what made me mention recently in a post I had given up onthe 'mapping' that was something I was working on in the older thread.

I think it's a great idea Shadow, we are all looking at so many different missing cases, our regular lives, work, kids, hubby's, yada yada, I forget so much too now that I am getting so old (I turned 36 this month)...actually, age has nothing to do with my forgetfullness, LOL! It is because of a bad wreck I had. So, please, let us know if we moved on from something and forgot about it!

I found a Rose Cole today who works at Kaiser Permanente which is a medical facility/hospital in the San Francisco Bay area. I am searching their site to see if I can find a number for human resources to see if she is still employed there.

LOL, I had to register at this on line employment place where I found her listed in order to find out where she works. I had to do like a resume and what type of work I am interested in. I really hope that I don't get a job offer. I kinda like retirement! I have registered at some weird sites in searching but never an employment agency.

I really hope that I don't get a job offer.
LOL! Not to even mention what a lonnnng commute it would be from W Va. to San Francisco!

Thanks for your brave efforts, Shadow, in going to the trouble of registering on an employment site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back