Identified! CA - Santa Cruz Co, WhtMale 17-20, UP3067, ''Eric from Florida'', Dec'98 - Eric Cupo

Is it entirely impossible that the victim may actually be female? Possibly even “Anna”??? IIUC, the killers were the only ones to actually see or have contact with “Eric” and “Anna”??? I haven’t searched for anything outside of this thread, but the first newspaper article I read stated the body was so badly decomposed that they could not initially determine the sex.

I see that DNA is on file, but there must be a reason he hasn’t been identified. Not being reported missing or being estranged from family are the obvious explanations - but when DNA is entered into these databases, how thoroughly (if at all) is it tested beforehand??

It may sound silly to those of you who already know the answer, but I truly am curious to know... TIA

eta: Erik/Huck? (maybe I need to re-read):confused:

Looking at the recon (hollowness around the cheeks) he used more than recreational drugs, but let stay with he used opiates. Nobody deserves to be killed, especially when you think they are your buddies. I'm afraid the frase "coming from Florida" is throwing us off.

I don't think the license plate is going to help very much. In 1998 California also had white plates. Or are they suggesting white plates other than California plates.

US_CAXX_GI4.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1208umca.html

1208UMCA.jpg
1208UMCA1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Doe Network: Case File 1208UMCA

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on December 27, 1998 in Santa Cruz County, California

Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics Estimated age: 17-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; 150 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, He had a shaven head and a 5 inch pony tail on the back of his head, The pony tail had beads and other material woven into it.Clothing: Maroon, turtleneck shirt; blue denim, oversized pants and white socks. White metal, key chain type necklace.

Other: It is thought that his name might be Eric and that he was from Florida.

Dentals: Available
DNA: Profile available at state lab.

Case History The victim was located in a remote mountain area. The perpetrators were arrested and convicted of the murder of this young man. His identity was unknown to the perpetrators. It is thought that his name might be Eric and that he was from Florida. He was accompanied by a girlfriend who had a Toyota auto with white license plates. Her name is unknown. He had a vehicle which they wanted and was found with opiates in his system. He was stabbed to death.

Investigators If you have any information about this case please contact:

Santa Cruz Sheriff-Coroner Alan Burt 831-454-3001

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 98-13920NCIC Number: U-1808500338
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:

NamUs The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I'm really confused by these original images of the victim (gaunt face, appears bald, kind of Voldemort-esque), and then these reconstruction images where it's a childlike, rounded face with the ponytail?

What about rule-outs on Erik Patchin? Only the one other was confirmed a rule-out.

Also, I found Ryan R. Dressler, missing since 1996 from Hollywood, FL. He was 16 at time of disappearance so he would be 18 in 1996. Hair color, height, and weight match, and we all know eye color can go from brown to blue after death. He is seen in his Namus image wearing a beaded necklace. It's not the same kind but it's indicative of someone who would wear a necklace of that sort. Same with the longer hair and sort of bohemian look.

What if Erik is actually Derrick. Derrick Scott Wright is missing from Gainesville, Georgia. (there is also a Gainesville in Florida, BTW)

Derrick Scott Wright – The Charley Project

Derrick was last seen in Gainesville, Georgia on June 15, 1996. He has never been heard from again. He didn't have access to transportation at the time of his disappearance. Derrick had worked at a McDonald's restaurant in 1996. Little information is available in his case, which remains unsolved.

UID found on December 27, 1998, PMI 3 to 6 weeks / Derrick missing since June 15, 1996
UID brown hair, blue eyes (?? still kind of confused about the eye color) / Derrick brown hair, brown eyes
UID estimated age: 17-20 years old / Derrick 17 yrs when missing, approx. 19 yrs in 1998
UID Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; 150 lbs. / Derrick 5'6"; 150 pounds

1208UMCA1.jpg
derrick_scott_wright_1.jpg
1208UMCA.jpg

22 Apr 2001, Page 1 - Santa Cruz Sentinel at Newspapers.com
3488A927-3439-4CAB-B7BD-54DE2BE68FF0.jpeg
19230D76-A06C-4CE8-A179-F3A5C33731F7.jpeg
F5862C5C-32A7-4A6D-857A-7AFF671B2D8D.jpeg

There are multiple articles about the slaying of these two men. “Huck’s” throat was apparently slashes and his skull “smashed into dozens of pieces”. From what I gather, it was with a baseball bat.
D162DCC3-755B-4F10-9470-D8197BDA627B.jpeg

FC6CA1B9-AB00-4B0F-8828-E4BA7DC5E06A.jpeg
In 2001 Labore was sentenced to 62 years to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 2058. Petznick was sentenced to life without parole. Dotson was sentenced to two life terms with no eligibility for parole. Banes was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison and will be eligible for parole in 2026.

22 Apr 2001, Page 1 - Santa Cruz Sentinel at Newspapers.com
View attachment 277230
View attachment 277231
View attachment 277232

There are multiple articles about the slaying of these two men. “Huck’s” throat was apparently slashes and his skull “smashed into dozens of pieces”. From what I gather, it was with a baseball bat.
View attachment 277236

View attachment 277233
In 2001 Labore was sentenced to 62 years to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 2058. Petznick was sentenced to life without parole. Dotson was sentenced to two life terms with no eligibility for parole. Banes was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison and will be eligible for parole in 2026.

I'm not following you.....you think mohawk mom is this UID..sorry...my eyes are letting me down.

So the girlfriend with the jeep existed or was the girl that got arrested or no one knows still?

What about Eric Scott Day? Has he been ruled out? He disappeared from another city in California a year earlier.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back