Resolved CA - Sausalito, Transgender Man (Assigned Female), White, 17-26, Gengar Tattoo- UP110538- Oct 23, 2023 - namus removed

This is for our John Doe.

I don’t know who you are, I don’t know what you were thinking in these last moments of your life, but I as well as many others care about you. May you find peace, sir, wherever you are now, and may you be properly laid to rest under your true name.

This case breaks my heart. He was so young. I hope he has someone looking for him.

I would maybe check with any surgeons in the area (+ or - 100 miles?) If they recognize the deceased by his tattoo maybe, good identifying feature I would say, because there’s obviously a record of him going in to get his top surgery..,

This one breaks my heart. Unlikely they're under 18 if they have healed top surgery and a tattoo.
That’s what I’m thinking. He’s also a small person in general so he could be in his twenties, hell, even early thirties with a babyface, that plus his height probably made him look younger.

I wonder why the post mortem is in black and white. I looks like they foto-shopped around the eyes. Maybe they "opened" his eyes?
There may have been skin discolouration due to post-mortem changes or bruising they were wanting to disguise.

I've seen a bunch of PM pictures where they do change or edit the eyes to make them look open and lifelike.

MOO

Gengar tattoo

Clothing

Shoes
Clothing
Long-sleeved orange/green tie dye shirt with "What You've Been Looking For" in black on the front (Size Small, PacSun brand)
On the Body

bbm= The text is wrong! "What are you looking for?" wold be right.

I wonder why the post mortem is in black and white. I looks like they foto-shopped around the eyes. Maybe they "opened" his eyes?
I think showing a post mortem at all is an exception for Sausalito. For the other UID's found there, there is no PM, although at least some of them have a recognizable face (Per Namus). I'm kind of glad there is one for this UID.

I think showing a post mortem at all is an exception for Sausalito. For the other UID's found there, there is no PM, although at least some of them have a recognizable face (Per Namus). I'm kind of glad there is one for this UID.
That’s what I was thinking. But of course this UID has a LOT of identifying features (transgender man in the middle of a medical transition, he’s quite short, has a Gengar tattoo that apparently can’t be found anywhere on the Internet, has had top surgery quite some time before his death, was cutting himself, so hopefully got some help for that, etc)

This is someone’s son, brother, nephew, friend, etc. someone knows this young man! I have a feeling he will be identified pretty quickly unless his relatives only know him by his deadname and assigned gender at birth.

That’s what I was thinking. But of course this UID has a LOT of identifying features (transgender man in the middle of a medical transition, he’s quite short, has a Gengar tattoo that apparently can’t be found anywhere on the Internet, has had top surgery quite some time before his death, was cutting himself, so hopefully got some help for that, etc)

This is someone’s son, brother, nephew, friend, etc. someone knows this young man! I have a feeling he will be identified pretty quickly unless his relatives only know him by his deadname and assigned gender at birth.
Would just like to mention that not everyone with top surgery is a transman. There are some people who are born female but identify as non-binary with they/them pronouns who also get top surgery. My friend has a sibling like this. Bringing this up not to argue with you, but to hopefully make sure no one sets their sights too narrow!

Would just like to mention that not everyone with top surgery is a transman. There are some people who are born female but identify as non-binary with they/them pronouns who also get top surgery. My friend has a sibling like this. Bringing this up not to argue with you, but to hopefully make sure no one sets their sights too narrow!
Ok, thanks for that! I’m aware of that actually. My mind just immediately went to thinking this person was a trans man because of the facial hair, and the haircut. I have a friend who is also a non-binary person, they use he/they and skew more masculine, but still identify as neither male nor female.

Edit: I’m also aware of cis women who had mastectomy for medical reasons, but this is not one of those cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back