Resolved CA - Sausalito, Transgender Man (Assigned Female), White, 17-26, Gengar Tattoo- UP110538- Oct 23, 2023 - namus removed

I just found this thread and would like to update everyone. I am their mother- so yes, they were identified and brought home to family. They began transitioning at 14 and had top surgery fully supported by a loving family at 16. The self harm scars started at 11. They were reported missing 4 days after they were found and we got a positive ID just two days later. This was a suicide- even when surrounded by love and support this world can be so cruel when you are “different” and trying to live your authentic life. My child had just turned 20 and was a brilliant musician, lover of nature and philosophy. Thank you all for caring so much.
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share what you did here. I've been thinking about your kid. It's so rare and so nice to know they were surrounded by love and support while here. I am sorry this world is so hard for those who are "different" and trying to live authentically. Wishing you strength.

@Bigang. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious child.

Thank you for taking the time to come to Websleuths to update us, and for sharing a little about your lives together as a family.

Thoughts & prayers to you & your family, for comfort in your grief
and healing.

With love.

Wanted to show you what they looked like in life ❤️
Thank you so much for sharing this. I follow a lot of Doe cases, and when I can see a photo of them from an earlier time when things were maybe happier... It does make it emotionally more resolved for me. I don't know why. I feel so honoured that you shared this beautiful image of your child. It can be a very hard time for those of us who are trans or non-binary, myself included. It always saddens me when we lose a sibling to suicide, especially when they're so young. I just want to hug everyone, even though I know hugs don't fix mental health, don't change circumstances that lead people to take their own lives. Please know that we all on here care about your child very much, and wanted them to get their name back and go home to their family as soon as possible. I'm glad it didn't take too long.

You might want to consider asking to become a verified insider on this case, otherwise your posts about your connection to your child will likely be deleted by the moderators. Your identity and that of your child will remain confidential.

I've been doing a long night of cooking and can't stop thinking about this thread. What a gift to unexpectedly learn who this young one was and how loved they were. And that so many gathered on this thread, moved by a life we didn't know, ended up connecting with @Bigang as she searched to see if anyone was out there making note of her kid. I don't have the words to describe exactly all the ways this moves me so deeply. But somehow this all warms my heart in some deep and moving way. Thank you Bigang, and all the folks in this thread over time, for causing this sweet moment of community in a world where such pockets of goodness don't come about often enough. Such a powerful show of how someone's life continues to ripple in unexpected ways, even once they are no longer with us.

I just found this thread and would like to update everyone. I am their mother- so yes, they were identified and brought home to family. They began transitioning at 14 and had top surgery fully supported by a loving family at 16. The self harm scars started at 11. They were reported missing 4 days after they were found and we got a positive ID just two days later. This was a suicide- even when surrounded by love and support this world can be so cruel when you are “different” and trying to live your authentic life. My child had just turned 20 and was a brilliant musician, lover of nature and philosophy. Thank you all for caring so much.
@Bigang I'm so very sorry for the loss of your wonderful child. Thank you so much for sharing their beautiful light with us. Your love for them shines through your words.

@iamshadow21 I just now saw that you had already provided a link to the verification thread. I'm sorry for the duplicate info! Apparently it was past my bedtime when I posted that! :oops:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat
Back