GUILTY CA - Shaun, 6, & Delylah Tara, 3, dead, 9 yr old tortured, Redding, 27 Nov 2015

"This has shaken my staff to the core," Hagwood said. "That little girl had been subjected to the most unspeakable measure of torture for an extended period of time. This is child abuse, the likes of which we haven't experienced here (in Plumas County).

Hagwood said the girl's condition was extremely bad when she was found on the floorboard of a locked Toyota 4-Runner. He said she weighed about 40 pounds, had broken bones in her shoulder, broken fingers, a dislocated jaw, and teeth that were missing or loose. She reportedly had open sores and was infested with lice.

The girl was taken to PDH and then transferred by ambulance to UC Davis Medical Center where she underwent five hours of surgery on Sunday. Her condition was not available Tuesday,

http://www.plumasnews.com/story/201...-children-found-after-welfare-search/580.html

UPDATE at 11:17 p.m: Huntsman and Curiel did not enter a plea at their arraignment on child abuse charges on Monday. There will be a further arraignment and bail review this afternoon at Plumas County Superior Court in Quincy.

UPDATE, 10:30 a.m. Huntsman and Curiel are being held in Plumas County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail each.

UPDATE, 10 a.m. Autopsies on the two children found dead in a Redding storage unit Monday will likely be conducted Wednesday, a Shasta County Coroner's Office official said this morning.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/RPD-Two-kids-found-dead-in-Redding-storage-unit-362392831.html

The investigation began when Plumas County Child Protective Services alerted the sheriff about an abused 9-year-old girl who was found living at 2110 East Main Street in Qunicy, Peay said.

"Due to the circumstances surrounding the incident, further investigation was required for possible additional victims. This led to the discovery of two deceased (kids) inside a storage unit in the city of Redding," Peay said.

The identities of the three children, who were siblings, were not released...

Social services had investigated Huntsman and her family within the last year for general neglect, said Elliott Robinson, director of social services for Monterey County.
http://www.ksbw.com/news/salinas-po...ldren-found-dead-in-a-storage-locker/36964756

It sounds possible that if Social Services had moved faster/investigated more thoroughly the two kids may not have died. Anyone have more details about this?

Slow down folks. The children have not been named so their parents certainly have not either. The only people we can sleuth and discuss under TOS right now are the two arrested individuals.

I am sure as the investigation progresses more will come to light in the press and then we can reevaluate what is open for sleuthing.

Hang in there and be patient.

I'm sorry, I'm new. I didn't realize I was crossing boundaries. I come from a background of being a victim to an unsolved homicide in my own life- so I act with fervor in my investigations. The police never cared to solve my friend's murder, so I have very little to nil faith in LE. I will watch my step in here..

It's okay. I understand your fervor. Many are equally passionate about our victims and wanting justice for them. Soon enough the victim names and how they came to be in Tami's care will be public knowledge via the press. And then there will be more that we can discuss. Just hang in there and wait for the press to catch up ;)

It's okay. I understand your fervor. Many are equally passionate about our victims and wanting justice for them. Soon enough the victim names and how they came to be in Tami's care will be public knowledge via the press. And then there will be more that we can discuss. Just hang in there and wait for the press to catch up ;)

It's been published in msm that she is an aunt to a 9 year old. The mother of the 9 year old died 2 years ago, so Tami became child's guardian.

I am aware of what is out there. What is not out there is the name of the parents of the 3 siblings or the names of the children themselves. Until those names are out there we are not putting them in here.

What is the age of consent in Ca? In several articles posted above, they refer to this 39yr old woman, and 17yr old kid as a "couple". For me, that just adds to the disgusting nature of this situation.

Age of consent in Ca is 18. But it would be a misdemeanor and I don't think anyone would care (unless parents of 17 year old complained). It would also be legal if the two were legally married.

As a nurse, I spent last Thanksgiving/ Christmas season caring for a victim of horrific abuse here in Indiana. She spent months in the hospital, and is now in a loving foster care situation and doing well. Her abusers have since gone to prison for what will likely be the remainder of their sorry lives.

I can only hope and pray for the same outcome for this child.

Social services obviously thought she was competent 2 years ago when the children were put in her custody after their mother died. Those poor children, I can't imagine what their life had become. The child who is hospitalized will likely need therapy for a long time to recover from this tragedy.

Social services obviously thought she was competent 2 years ago when the children were put in her custody after their mother died. Those poor children, I can't imagine what their life had become. The child who is hospitalized will likely need therapy for a long time to recover from this tragedy.

I'm very interested on what became of their father!

Five hours of surgery! What the hell did they do to her?? I hope she pulls through... But what a tragic life she's had already :(

I wonder how long this woman has been going out with this 17 year old boy, and how she met him!

This is horrible. It brings back memories of working with children who were removed from their homes on an emergency basis, by DHS or LE. I've seen children immediately after being removed from situations like this, with unspeakable injuries and trauma. I have tears as I think of what these innocent children have likely endured. :(

I posted this elsewhere on WS - mods , please remove double post?!?!?!?

I am beyond shock. You lose one child (on purpose, on accident, whatever) I can understand panicking, maybe. MAYBE. MAYBE. But this? What in the world. I plan on following this closely.

Hugs to all, as we will see more I am sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back