Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would her routine be to go jogging after picking up her children? I just read it again in the above link to Daily Mail article. I know they're not reliable but have read it before without remembering which paper. Maybe an msm copy n paste error?

Why would her routine be to go jogging after picking up her children? I just read it again in the above link to Daily Mail article. I know they're not reliable but have read it before without remembering which paper. Maybe an msm copy n paste error?

When I first saw snippets of this story, I remember thinking weird, why would she jog at 2 in the afternoon? Most mom's are getting ready to pick up kids at that time of day. Later learned they were in daycare not school, and she did not pick them up.

Add to above the time she went jogging was much earlier than 2. Distracted, I'm getting a Doc Mcstuffins checkup by our two year old GD. Hopefully there will be an update from LE tomorrow. Night all.

If she's jogging around the same local streets every day and the same neighbors have seen her, then the color of her clothes is irrelevant. The neighbors who saw her would either say to themselves "There's Sherri" or "there's that woman with the two kids from down the road" and not necessarily remember what she was wearing.
Regarding the daycare hours, if her husband could call at 5.15 and the daycare told him that the kids hadn't been picked up, then they were not yet alarmed or concerned that she was late. Which means she probably picked them up between 4.30 and 5pm most days, and was home with them when Daddy arrived home from work.
The husband's day seems to be tied up neatly as his workmates could account for his hours. If he had gone home for lunch that day, he might have altered her timing enough that it didn't happen, or he might have seemed more of a suspect if she went missing within half an hour of him going back to work.
I was an SAHM who put each of my kids in daycare one day a week for socializing and so I could have some child-free time. There's a sad silver lining to Sherri's kids being in daycare... they have a safe and familiar nurturing place where adults they know can help them through this difficult time.

When I first saw snippets of this story, I remember thinking weird, why would she jog at 2 in the afternoon? Most mom's are getting ready to pick up kids at that time of day. Later learned they were in daycare not school, and she did not pick them up.

Can't put much stock in many msm articles anymore. Writing is shoddy and/or copy n paste too often. I did read in two articles that she jogged After picking up the kids. Aaarrrggghhh.

I don't know, Knox. This one looks like it's exactly as reported - she went out for a jog and was snatched by someone they haven't identified yet, and that her husband is telling the truth.

Everything I can find online - her baby registry, her wedding photo shoot, is just squeaky, squeaky clean. I do still have a 5% niggling feeling that this isn't what it looks like, though - that it was staged. Just a tiny feeling.

What do you think?
SABBM

As in she may have walked away from a life she couldn't stand ?

I was thinking that at 100 lbs., someone mistook her for a younger lady or even a teen -- that's pretty little -- and grabbed and drove off with her ? :(

It could be a suicide - maybe she wanted to stage her suicide to look like an abduction so that her family didn't have the burden of her taking her own life? It doesn't seem likely to me, although it does happen that people plan a suicide to be ambiguous.
A woman who lived in my area dropped her daughter off at ballet one afternoon and never came back. The teachers were calling her and then the father when the little girl was stranded at the school. Weeks later they found her car within walking distance of a well-known suicide spot but they never found her body. So the family has a permanent question mark. As a mother whose life revolves first and foremost around picking up my kids when I say I will, I will never understand how she could have left her daughter stranded like that.

SOmetimes not. There was a little boy in southern CA who they THINK was taken by a mtn lion and there was nothing at ALL.

Seems like the sighting at the clinic would be easy to verify, even without surveillance. Sherri has a memorable face.

Mountain lion burial, I don't know what to say about that? It would seem that if a mountain lion dragged a human off, there would be signs. I'm not sure I really want to Google that subject.

Goes anyone know why someone else picked up her children from daycare? My first thought is if she did not show up, there would have been a call to her phone as well as her husband. If that was the case, how did he have no knowledge that a relative may have been called next. Im assuming a relative or friend would have also tried to contact the husband to say, hey Sherri did not pick up the kids and we were called - is she ok. and "not to worry, as we have them" did I miss something about this?

Yes he would have been called first before a relative if the kids needed to be picked up because Sherri did not show up...

MOUNTAIN GATE, Calif. - Sherri Papini went missing last Wednesday and no one as seen or heard from her since.

Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, believes she was abducted and is asking for her safe return.

"Bring her home, bring her home, just bring her home,” Keith said as tears filled his eyes. “Bring her home safe there is a $50,000 reward just bring her home."

It's been five days since Sherri was last seen wearing a pink jogging jacket off Old Oregon Trail in Mountain Gate, north of Redding.

"It's hard waiting you know, you are waiting for a phone call, you're waiting for something to tell us this is the directions, or this is the house, or this is the car and that is very difficult right now."

On November 2, Keith came home and noticed Sherri's car was there, which is normal, but when he went inside their house it was abnormally quiet.

"And on normal days I would open the door and my family comes, runs and give me a hug," Keith said with a small smile on his face.

This time he was not welcomed with hugs from Sherri and his two children ages two and four.

So he searched their house and their property, but could not find his family.

Keith called their daycare and the children still had not been picked up.

He used the Find my iPhone app to locate Sherri's phone, which was down the street, off Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise.

"That's when I knew she had been taken or abducted, in my opinion," Keith noted.

He called 911 and a search for his wife started.

The sheriff's office does not have enough evidence or information at this time to point to an abduction.

Anthony Bertain, a lieutenant with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, noted they have received well over 100 tips since last Thursday.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

Keith is determined to find his wife.

"If she is listening I want to say, 'We are trying, we are trying the best we can and I am sorry I'm not there',." Keith said while crying. "I'm coming honey. I am trying, I'm doing everything I can and I love you."

The Papini children do not know their mother is missing and not having his wife by his side is difficult.

"It's the worst thing in the world," Keith paused and continued to say,"I never, it's never, it's the worst thing ever,"

Keith noted he just wants his wife back.

He is also extremely grateful for the support the community is offering to help him find his wife.

Anthony Bertain, a lieutenant with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, noted Keith is cooperating with them.

Today the sheriff’s office was vetting through possible leads.

Bertain noted they along with officers from the Redding Police Department were making contact with known sex offenders, parolees and people on probation.

"So far no leads have come from those particular individuals," Bertain noted.

He added they temporarily suspended the ground search in the area where the phone was found.

"We have not ruled out going back out there, but right now it's temporarily suspended until we get a better direction on which way we are going to go on this investigation," Bertain explained.

If anyone has information on Sherri Papini’s whereabouts or tips, they can call dispatch 24 hours a day at 530-245-6540, or the Major Crimes Unit at 530-245-6135. Tips can also be submitted to mcu@co.shasta.ca.us.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

Keith is determined to find his wife.

"If she is listening I want to say, 'We are trying, we are trying the best we can and I am sorry I'm not there',." Keith said while crying. "I'm coming honey. I am trying, I'm doing everything I can and I love you."

The Papini children do not know their mother is missing and not having his wife by his side is difficult.

"It's the worst thing in the world," Keith paused and continued to say,"I never, it's never, it's the worst thing ever,"

Keith noted he just wants his wife back.

He is also extremely grateful for the support the community is offering to help him find his wife.

Anthony Bertain, a lieutenant with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, noted Keith is cooperating with them.

Today the sheriff’s office was vetting through possible leads.

Bertain noted they along with officers from the Redding Police Department were making contact with known sex offenders, parolees and people on probation.

"So far no leads have come from those particular individuals," Bertain noted.

He added they temporarily suspended the ground search in the area where the phone was found.

"We have not ruled out going back out there, but right now it's temporarily suspended until we get a better direction on which way we are going to go on this investigation," Bertain explained.

If anyone has information on Sherri Papini’s whereabouts or tips, they can call dispatch 24 hours a day at 530-245-6540, or the Major Crimes Unit at 530-245-6135. Tips can also be submitted to mcu@co.shasta.ca.us.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...48010[/url Interesting LE statement. jmo

We need to separate fact from rumor here, and I have some questions if anyone can provide me links to possible answers. I've searched and cannot find

Has the 911 call been released that her husband made?

Has her husband given a video/on air interview anywhere?

Finding "chunks of hair is a rumor, this has been downgraded to "strands of hair" and we have NO confirmation from LE that they are hers, correct? They'd have to run DNA. For all we know, any hair is rumor

LE has not said anything about husbands co-workers and his alibi. What is out there is be posted by others..not LE, correct?

The husband "found" her phone. I assume if he did find the phone, he picked it up, trampled on the place it was found, and contaminated the spot that it was found with his own DNA.

Sorry..I do not like the fact that he found the phone.

I don't like the fact that he didn't text her until "late afternoon" that he would NOT be home for lunch. Did she text back? Was she already missing at this point? Where was she when he texted her back? Police have not released any "pinging", correct?

A big red flag for me is that it has been 5 days and LE has NOT OFFICIALLY CLEARED the husband. I know he's cooperating and out searching, but LE has not cleared him and that speaks volumes to me. When Sierah went missing, Josh left Ce halfway home and went back to his home. He's the BF. Pretty suspicious that he "left her". He was OFFICIALLY CLEARED within 8 hours. He was interviewed and questioned NUMEROUS times in those few hours. LE announced the next morning that Josh was cleared and not under investigation nor a suspect. It has been 5 days and LE is not clearing the husband. The only thing they will say is that he is cooperating.

I'm not convinced that the husband does not have some sort of knowledge about what happened to her yet.

I pray that she is found soon. Her poor sister looks absolutely devastated. This is just horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani