Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ear buds were wrapped up and placed on the phone?
It doesn't sound like she was using them if she was approached where the phone was found.
I doubt they would give her time to carefully wrap them up

JMO

For the first question, I would say money. As far as phone pings, if they had burner phones, then what good are the pings?

Burner phones aren't actually all they are cracked up to be, unless you get them properly.

If I could ask three questions at the press conference coming up they would be;
1) Were there unread texts on SP's phone? (that would obviously set a timeline based on the texts about lunch between KP and SP)
2) Where is the brand on SP? (George S. on GMA pointed to his left elbow area when he was recapping this morning, maybe it is on her arm?)
3) What surveillance have you recovered and seen from Cal Trans and other sources from the days preceeding and following the release?

I was confused by the GMA reporting this morning. There were 2 former FBI agents and one said it made no sense to her and the other said he felt it was random. The sheriff referred to a singular person "A very sick person" but SP said there were two. The reporter said the sheriff will put out a sketch if given enough details but SP said she did not see them. Does she remember now or do they have surveillance? These are things that have me so worried and wondering.

KRCR has reported that the Go Fund Me account will most likely be turned over to the Papini family. Looking forward to the next press conference for more information.

Just bringing it over because I think it means something...though I think I am alone in thinking so.

When SP was missing, her husband mentioned the ear buds he found had her hair on them. I think there was a significant amount of hair and that it was the first message the perps were sending.

The ear buds and phone, we have since learned, were placed, not tossed. They were meant to be found and the hair was intentionally left with them. Imo.

Why? I don't know, but I do think the ear buds with hair were meant to tell the family something.

Jmo

She didn't take them off they were snatched off of her along with a handful of hair.

I just want to point out again that the sheriff has muddied the waters about what was branded onto SP:

On Good Morning America, the sheriff said of the branding, "I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and or maybe some type of message that the brand contained. It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

http://www.today.com/video/abducted-...d-820762179981

In this NBC interview this morning (link above), the sheriff says of the branding, "Maybe a method of torture. It could mean a way of control or exerting control over a person. Is it a symbol, or could it be some type of message either to the person, the victim, or to others."

I did copy and paste this over from thread #11 because he's being unclear. What the heck is it?

natsound, I listened to both video's again and I believe his second comment (NBC interview) he was referring to it being more symbolic versus an actual symbol.

I cannot possibly name each and every person, although their names are eternally etched in our hearts. Thank you to our strong family, devoted friends, the entire Redding community, and countless communities around the world. Specific thanks to the Shasta County Sheriff"s department, FBI, NorCal Alliance for the Missing, The Lost Coast Trackers, Shasta Support Services, The Guardian Angels, my own personal A-Team, Cameron Gamble, Cody Salfen, Jim Linnan, Sean Ditty, Don Armstrong, Yolo County Sheriff's department and hospital, the medical personnel that helped our dear Sherri, social media, and many news outlets.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/missing-mother-was-branded-beaten-chained-sheriff-says/1630521/

I'm a bit behind and catching up so not sure if this was addressed.

From the previous thread

Midge

Confused, again.
Sheriff isn't sure about how the phone was left so neatly?
For crying out loud, can't he just ask Sherri about this?
Surely she could remember how/who put the phone down. IMO.

KP found the phone, I presume he did not touch it.

SP may have been tasered, knocked out or had a bag put over her head like when she was let go. She likely did not see the phone being put like it was.

I think it is reasonable the Sheriff is not sure because I think abductors are the only ones who know why it was set like that.

Just bringing it over because I think it means something...though I think I am alone in thinking so.

When SP was missing, her husband mentioned the ear buds he found had her hair on them. I think there was a significant amount of hair and that it was the first message the perps were sending.

The ear buds and phone, we have since learned, were placed, not tossed. They were meant to be found and the hair was intentionally left with them. Imo.

Why? I don't know, but I do think the ear buds with hair were meant to tell the family something.

Jmo

My wife's hair has numerous loose strands that dislodge from her head all the time. If I help unclasp her necklace, hair comes with it. She uses a ton of conditioner, but it still happens.

I would also note that a person can have hair loss when stressed.

I think whatever hair was with the earbuds was just what came loosely with the earbuds when they were taken off of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! And this is why I think it's so important not to stereotype a victim in the ever changing world of trafficking, not by age or by sex, as many teen boys also are reported missing. It's not until rescued victims tell of their own tragic stories (of course many do not), that it's known just how many were originally reported as runaways when in fact they were kidnapped. In no time, a simple argument with parents or a teen storming off to spend the night at a friend's house gets classified as a voluntary (runaway) situation when the family is screaming for attention because they know they child would not just leave. It's really heartbreaking.

All MOO. But if random, SP could've been mistaken for someone who would also go unnoticed. But with the fast attention this case received nationwide, a traffickers options for transporting her (by truck or plane) would be diminished as she would be highly recognizable. With $100,000 on the line, it's possible people close to the abductors would consider ratting them out and it may have made them nervous enough to dump her. I'm still not convinced a ransom wasn't paid. But I don't know that we'll ever have real confirmation. Also not 100% SP was abducted for trafficking purposes, but if specifically targeted, the mastermind behind the abduction could have drug/sex trafficking connections that were utilized to carry out the crime.

Now that I've learned that sex trafficking is a problem in Redding, it's worrisome to see quite a few missing teenage girls from Redding.

Most are listed as runaways, often from children's homes, which puts them at high risk of being trafficked. Plus even SP was listed as voluntary missing at first until her family kicked up a fuss about it. These girls have no family looking out for them. They have no publicity and no one seems to be looking for them.

http://reddingpolice.org/missing-persons/

for anybody thinking about hypnosis as if its some kinda truth serum.. look up "false memory"

hypnosis is highly unreliable

She didn't take them off they were snatched off of her along with a handful of hair.

Maybe, but considering her husband mentioned her hair on the buds when he found them, and considering he mentioned her hair was chopped when she was released, I am thinking the hair on the buds was intentionally left with them, not just a product of her being grabbed. Jmo

But you can still ping a burner phone. Plus folks who get burner phones still use them to call other people that they know.

And those other people may not have burner phones.

So it's still possible to connect who was in possession of the burner phone. Jmo.

But I respect your gang related theory as well.

I think they would only turn it on when a message needs to be sent/received. After there done using them, just smash-up, and throw away. Besides with so many phones pinging in the area; how would police know which ones to look for?

I'm wondering if they branded her face? Sherri may feel uncomfortable letting others see her. Just one possibility.

But her mom? Dad?
Is it possible she is not allowed to see anyone?

Please forgive my ignorance, and please forgive me if this is off topic. I am from a small town and moved to a smaller town in my adult years (under 200 people). Is it normal to have as many people missing as the Redding area has? This is a link to their PD Missing persons page: http://reddingpolice.org/missing-persons/ (S.P. is still on the list, so maybe it isn't updated often?

Maybe, but considering her husband mentioned her hair on the buds when he found them, and considering he mentioned her hair was chopped when she was released, I am thinking the hair on the buds was intentionally left with them, not just a product of her being grabbed. Jmo

Could be. The hair has importance, I do believe that. I'm curious too about what clothing she was found in, was it her own or something else. The caller that reported seeing her on the side of the road said she was dressed inappropriately for the weather. I hope some of our many questions are answered during today's presser.

Btw: The perps cell phones should have pinged off both towers that are 140 miles apart.

So why can't they cross eliminate pings?

Also. Have they advertise a reward for the capture of said perps in order to speed things up?

The problem is both places are right along I-5 so the person cell phones would ping offor both and so would a few 100,000 others.

Sex trafficking is way easier to do by Social sites like backpage or Craigslist than a straight abduction of a mom. Jmo

So....when is this presser; or rather, for what time is the presser scheduled?

So many different ways to look at all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg