Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point out again that the sheriff has muddied the waters about what was branded onto SP:

On Good Morning America, the sheriff said of the branding, "I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and or maybe some type of message that the brand contained. It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

http://www.today.com/video/abducted-...d-820762179981

In this NBC interview this morning (link above), the sheriff says of the branding, "Maybe a method of torture. It could mean a way of control or exerting control over a person. Is it a symbol, or could it be some type of message either to the person, the victim, or to others."

I did copy and paste this over from thread #11 because he's being unclear. What the heck is it?

He seems to constantly do things like this in all cases. So frustrating IMO

I'm wondering if they branded her face? Sherri may feel uncomfortable letting others see her. Just one possibility.

I wondered the exact same thing.

The placement of the branding and what symbol or characters are on it could possibly help determine motive.

But her mom? Dad?
Is it possible she is not allowed to see anyone?

It's possible. Maybe she feels ashamed. I hate that victims can feel this way, and I can only imagine her terror over those 3 weeks. Ashamed maybe because she knew these people and was fooled?

I'm going to be at work when they have the press conference. I'm going to guess this is NOT sex trafficking related. I'm thinking trafficking is HUGE business why would they draw such unwanted attention AND release her alive to possibly ID them.

I don't think it was random either.
Now I have to wait until 9pm tonight to catch back up to see if we got any answers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do sex traffickers drive around in neighborhoods looking for victims? I would have thought their MO would be more covert. Someone please explain this to me ... I'm very interested to learn how they go about choosing and acquiring their prey, especially if it is far more random and a risk to everyday average people going about their lives. I live 45 minutes from one of the most prolific sex trafficking cities, New Orleans. I have a son who is very, very handsome ... often told he should be a model ... girls love him everywhere he goes ... he has been approached by creepy men. So if ST are hunting for everyday, average, not high risk lifestyle people, no one is safe. We are a very cautious family anyway, but should we be extra vigilant and suspicious now?

The problem is both places are right along I-5 so the person cell phones would ping offor both and so would a few 100,000 others.

At 4:30 in the morning on 11/24?

But is enough of you hair caught in the buds that it would be pointed out by someone who picked them up? I am thinking there was enough hair that it concerned her husband very much. Jmo

Edited to add....I think the perps put a bunch of her hair with the buds. Total speculation. I think her hair is an ongoing communication device, relaying a message. Jmo!

OMG!! My mind was just blown. What if they cut off a chunk and left it there with the phone? Just a snip? I don't think I've even seen the hair described more than just 'with the phone'. They never said it was pulled off or cut off. Now that we know they have cut her hair it leads us to wonder cut or struggle?

That would definitely send a message, a personal message.

IDK... IDK if this case could be that crazy, but who knows. I have so many questions.

The problem is both places are right along I-5 so the person cell phones would ping offor both and so would a few 100,000 others.

Nope. The fbi has software that allows them to only focus on certain times to cross reference the same numbers that just so happens to ping in separate locations on separate dates.

So your phone may have pinged near the tower when she first was abducted.

But what are the chances that your phone will ping again when she was dropped off at 4am 140 miles away 3 weeks later?

I wonder if the hair was left with the phone and earbuds was left so that DNA could verify that it was indeed Sherri (that had been taken)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very early morning release spot may help narrow that down dramatically. If they only have a limited number of hits in that location then it wouldnt matter if the other location had thousands because they would just be looking for any that match.

I think there is a good chance that the matches could be very limited.

Maybe they branded her with a Jesus Fish...........that would sure throw everybody for a loop.

i suspect whatever she was branded with is part of the reason behind the sheriffs comments about this being a nutcase or a sicko, or however it was he referred to them.

Nope. The fbi has software that allows them to only focus on certain times to cross reference the same numbers that just so happens to ping in separate locations on separate dates.

So your phone may have pinged near the tower when she first was abducted.

But what are the chances that your phone will ping again when she was dropped off at 4am 140 miles away 3 weeks later?

It was Canadian LE but in Tim Bosma's case I was blown away with what the techs were able to piece together through phone pings. Absolutely brilliant work. I have to assume LE in this case is already working hard on this avenue.

OMG!! My mind was just blown. What if they cut off a chunk and left it there with the phone? Just a snip? I don't think I've even seen the hair described more than just 'with the phone'. They never said it was pulled off or cut off. Now that we know they have cut her hair it leads us to wonder cut or struggle?

IDK... IDK if this case could be that crazy, but who knows. I have so many questions.

I had the very same thought when I read the phone was placed what seems quite deliberately, I instantly thought they left a chunk of hair as a message.

Somewhere in the mass of threads it was posted that there were eight or nine strands of hair

But Dexter mentions an interesting theory. What if they cross-reference pings from the "found" date/time/location with the pings from the "taken" date/time/location? It might narrow it down to a small few, hopefully 1 or 2, cell phones.

Update: I see several of us answered this post already

If my daughter was held captive for 22 days and released, there is nothing and I mean nothing that would stop me from seeing her, including her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz