Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rather shocked to see our "inside source" (or is it "verified source," sorry, forgot the actual terminology!) say he thought CG's involvement was helpful in the previous thread. Is it confirmed that our source is with LE, or is he an insider in some other way (friend of the family, etc.)?

I just cannot imagine LE saying CG was helpful. He's an amateur with no verified experience in kidnappings, he's at best embellished his record and experience. At best... Can you imagine the scene if someone actually wanted to negotiate SP's release, but insisted on only speaking with CG, instead of a highly experienced professional negotiator from the FBI? Insanity.

Maybe he has not been sleeping since SP has been missing.

The balloon release was at 8 that morning, but 3:30 is kind of early for that. He also received 2 phone calls after he got up....missed the first one, second one was Sherri. JMO

If that's the case, this is wrong in so many ways. How can they get away with reporting false news. Now I know what sites to look out for. Not only that but major News Channels!

Sorry I didn't know, or expect HLN to report inaccurate news.

I guess naive on my end.

Same bad info from the New York Post. It even links to the NYP article. These papers are so desperate for new info on this case they are using old quotes. JMO.

Why was KP up getting ready for the already at 3:30 a.m. that day? Was he cooking the turkey/preparing Thanksgiving dinner? It seems very, very early to be up on a holiday. Does he go to the gym/go for a run that early?
Out of his mind with concern for his wife? In his shoes, I'd be lucky to get a total of eight hours sleep the entire three weeks. When a parent goes missing, or is seriously ill, the entire household and the routines of each member goes topsy turvy.

Another option could be that they have no idea, and are guessing like the rest of us, based on very limited information, on a case that seems to defy the odds. It's human nature to imply we know more than we actually do, sadly.

I think the odds of sex trafficking are incredibly low, for reasons already stated, but not 0. It's certainly possible.

I do tend to agree with your post.
I would have to hear more evidence of ST before accepting it as a motive

AllJMO

Given the sex trafficking problem in NorCal, and the amount of registered sex offenders in redding; I can see why SP's family and friends think it was ST. I guess it fits Occams theory well for them.

The balloon release was at 8 that morning, but 3:30 is kind of early for that. He also received 2 phone calls after he got up....missed the first one, second one was Sherri. JMO

I found it a bit strange too. I can understand that sleep was elusive during his wife's disappearance, but I thought I read that he missed the first call because he was in the bathroom shaving? Do I have that right?

Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong about being awake early - it just stood out to me as off in a case when so many things are off.

jmopinion

I found it a bit strange too. I can understand that sleep was elusive during his wife's disappearance, but I thought I read that he missed the first call because he was in the bathroom shaving? Do I have that right?

Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong about being awake early - it just stood out to me as off in a case when so many things are off.

jmopinion

Me too. Well, maybe not "off," but coincidental. But, maybe he had not been sleeping (understandable), or is just an early riser.

Kidnapped California supermom's husband has NOT been ruled out as a suspect - despite taking and passing a lie detector test
Sherri Papini's husband, Keith Papini, has not been ruled out as a suspect
Police said Keith has been cooperative and took and passed a lie detector test
Investigators said they are 'keeping an open mind and looking at all avenues'
Sherri was held captive for 22 days before being found on Thanksgiving
She has told police that two Hispanic women kidnapped her on November 2
The 34-year-old was starved, beaten, branded and brutalized by the women

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4008340/Kidnapped-California-supermom-s-husband-not-ruled-suspect-despite-taking-passing-lie-detector-test.html

That statement/headline in the article is false. KP has been ruled out. The headline was taken from an old article before Keith had been ruled out. Also the quote from sheriff Bosenko is old.

If that's the case, this is wrong in so many ways. How can they get away with reporting false news. Now I know what sites to look out for. Not only that but major News Channels!

Sorry I didn't know, or expect HLN to report inaccurate news.

I guess naive on my end.

I was very disappointed when I was watching Ashleigh Banfield's show and she gave that update with no source to back it up at all. I couldn't believe it.

I was rather shocked to see our "inside source" (or is it "verified source," sorry, forgot the actual terminology!) say he thought CG's involvement was helpful in the previous thread. Is it confirmed that our source is with LE, or is he an insider in some other way (friend of the family, etc.)?

I just cannot imagine LE saying CG was helpful. He's an amateur with no verified experience in kidnappings, he's at best embellished his record and experience. At best... Can you imagine the scene if someone actually wanted to negotiate SP's release, but insisted on only speaking with CG, instead of a highly experienced professional negotiator from the FBI? Insanity.

I think what he/she meant by helpful is that they got Sherri back. That usually doesn't happen in kidnapping cases and neither does a reverse ransom. They may have never dropped her off if CG hadn't entered the picture. We don't know.

LE's first agenda may be to solve the case and capture the suspects, while the families first agenda is most likely to get their loved one back alive.

I don't think our verified insider is a member of LE.

Super great to have a Verified Insider on the thread. Thank you - whoever you are - for going through the process and helping us out here.

Welcome!

I appreciate you pointing it out to me and explaining without being harsh.

I now know!!

I agree 110% with you.

I was very disappointed when I was watching Ashleigh Banfield's show and she gave that update with no source to back it up at all. I couldn't believe it.

Why was KP up getting ready for the already at 3:30 a.m. that day? Was he cooking the turkey/preparing Thanksgiving dinner? It seems very, very early to be up on a holiday. Does he go to the gym/go for a run that early?

I doubt the man slept a full night's sleep on any of the nights his wife was missing. Or perhaps his 2 year old or 4 year old woke him up early. Who knows.

ETA. I see lots of similar replies already posted. That's what I get for reading the thread mostly backwards. ;)

Same bad info from the New York Post. It even links to the NYP article. These papers are so desperate for new info on this case they are using old quotes. JMO.

That's probably where they got it from. The NYP article.

Another option could be that they have no idea, and are guessing like the rest of us, based on very limited information, on a case that seems to defy the odds. It's human nature to imply we know more than we actually do, sadly.

I think the odds of sex trafficking are incredibly low, for reasons already stated, but not 0. It's certainly possible.

True. Though I'm going to guess that those very close to her know a lot more than the public. For instance they may know if she had been sexually assaulted and if there were sexual encounters with other people. If that's the case, it would be easy to believe sex trafficking may have been the motive. IMO.

Maybe ask Ashleigh Banfield and settle the issue once and for all? JMO

True. Though I'm going to guess that those very close to her know a lot more than the public. For instance they may know if she had been sexually assaulted and if there were sexual encounters with other people. If that's the case, it would be easy to believe sex trafficking may have been the motive. IMO.

Hospital and LE would know, if Sherri indeed told them so. Public doesn't need to know her details, however if people OTHER than the 2women assaulted her, sexually or otherwise, LE owes theommunity a heads-up. So far LE has notoooooooo

Ashley Banfield is no better than any of the other cable "news" hounds. She had her moment of fame during the Gulf War, where she seemed to be a serious journalist. Since then, all down hill. Everyone is looking to be the new Nancy Grace, heaven help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500