Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the protocol when LE suspects a missing person suicide?

Judging from the Lindsey Piccone and others, they do a thorough search of a 1-3 mile radius of the person's last known location. They have some press conferences and get some publicity early on. They assure the community that they don't believe there is a threat. They clear the family from unwarranted public suspicion if necessary.

Then, they back off and go silent. If a body is found, they say they will know more after tests have been run and those test will end up taking 6 - 9 months. Hopefully, by then the public scrutiny will have died down and the family will have a chance to grieve in private.

I hope that's not the case here. I hope she's voluntarily missing and gets a chance to live the rest of her life.

I agree, darring21. When I see someone being called a "supermom", and so much emphasis on how she would never do this or that, it always feels like a red flag to me. That's a huge pressure to put on someone, consciously or unconsciously. And I've seen more than enough cases here where members have been convinced it wasn't suicide because "suicides don't don't do that"... well, they do.

They do take themelves away to hide. They do sometimes just snap with no previous warning (like halfway through wrapping yet another parcel). They do act as if there will be a tomorrow, even when they know they don't intend to have one. And that's when they end up here, as "missing".

And I also know how possible it is she could have been missed in a search and turn up close to home. That happens on here quite often too.

I'm on the fence over Sherri - usually I have quite strong feelings - but I wouldn't rule out suicide simply because everything needs to be considered.

The media picked up on the phrase "supermom" and has given it life. She has been portrayed respectfully, so we should be glad of that. The "supermom" moniker also inspires people to care, and help bring this gal home to her sweet hubby and children.

While anything is possible, (as we see on WS), I'm not seeing suicide at all. I firmly believe this is abduction. But of course, opinions are like noses...we all have 'em! : )

Do we know if she was carrying her gun? Don't see it confirmed in news... hubby would know....
If she had her gun, then attack had to be surprise, no time to get to it... usually a strike by vehicle attack, as happened to Mickey Shunick preventing her getting to her pepper spray on her bicycle ... perp usually tosses phone as soon as possible, but figuring out she had a conceal gun in jogging purse such that he took gun and tossed purse ? So now he has a gun.... if not wearing gloves, DNA on anything he tossed?

Could also be as Steelman mentioned - could instead be surprised attack close to perp's home.... but not sure if he would go thru jogging purse at scene..

new thread coming up. Start preparing yourselves to move over. If you are composing a lengthy post now is the time to make sure you copy and save it so its not lost in the shift. This one will close in a few minutes.

tlcya

I hope she ran but i don't believe it. In the week prior she posted a pin of Halloween shoes she wants to make for her future kid, who will be a Superhero nerd like her. So she wanted more babies, at the least. Or maybe, speculation here, she already was. I just don't see suicide or leaving. I see her as a loving, devoted wife and Mom.

I think they believe she was abducted and driven out of the area. And I hate that because she could be right there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If she did any sort of jogging/walking for 3 hours it would be very difficult for her to avoid all sorts of areas that would have cameras/people just as a matter of time combined distance, especially if she's a jogger/runner rather than a walker. If she walked at 2 MPH that would be 6 miles to account for but she was jogging then you're talking about 12+ miles around town that would have to be accounted for. Just using Google Maps I did a loop from her home with Oregon Trail/Holiday/Union School that's 6 miles where just going walking speed you'd still be passing by commercial areas like a Chevron, the visitor's center and an RV park for that small loop. However, the impression I get is that she's a runner/jogger rather than a walker, so would cover more than 6 miles that would mean even more opportunity to be in an area with commercial surveillance cameras. This math is why I think something is up one way or the other.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been waiting for this info. ;)

The media picked up on the phrase "supermom" and has given it life. She has been portrayed respectfully, so we should be glad of that. The "supermom" moniker also inspires people to care, and help bring this gal home to her sweet hubby and children.

While anything is possible, (as we see on WS), I'm not seeing suicide at all. I firmly believe this is abduction. But of course, opinions are like noses...we all have 'em! : )

Agree - not suicide.... Again, do we know if had her gun? Can't see her going out with it if going to end her life... Wouldn't want to leave it out where it could be found used for crime or by a child..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard