Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an earlier thread, someone linked to the Calaveras County court records relevant to that case. Both women were held with bonds of $800,000. At some point, all of kidnapping and trafficking charges were dropped, leaving only marijuana cultivation and battery charges, and both had their bail reduced to $32,500. Around Nov. 14, MUE posted bond (don't know if she was actually released; there may have been a federal hold if she was in the country illegally) and GSA is still locked up.

Just reading that story, I knew that something was fishy about it.

How soon until arrests are made, do you think?

When hell freezes over. Well maybe not that long, but a long time, if any arrests are ever made.

But she may know them if she sees their face....one could be a clerk at the mall, or the wife of someone she knows. The only way, based on what we are told she has said, the only way she could positively state she doesn't know them is if she knows their motive.. and it wasn't personal.

She and KP absolutely know what the "message" is, which is either personal, or it is not...and this is what screws with my ransom theory....why a message?
JMO

.BBM
Why would any of us send a message to someone? Not saying, nor suggesting, that any of us would kidnap or torture another human being, but, what would push your buttons hard enough, to make you want to confront, humiliate, or scare, another human being, to send a message them?

I'm not easily offended so, for me, just two things;
Deliberately hurt my family
Deliberately hurt my critters

Here’s a question I just can’t shake from my mind. I have no idea what the answer is.

On December 5, Cameron Gamble gets what I think (not positive) is his first air time on a national news show on television. It’s on MSNBC, with Chris Jansing. Here is how the interview begins:

Jansing: Tell us, first of all, how you got involved in this case.
Gamble: Yeah, I would … uh, actually I was out of town for most of the time while Sherri was, uh, in captivity.

He then goes on to talk about how a mutual friend of his and the Ps approached him.

My question is: Why, on entering this national stage, which we all kind of think would be very important to him, is the first thing Mr. Gamble wants to get across is that he was out of town at least eleven of the days between November 2 and November 24? Why is it important for him to open with this claim, or even to state it at all?

I would love to hear theories, guesses, hypotheses about this.

Link here: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/wat...is-role-in-california-kidnapping-825005635932

It's the lamest attempt at an alibi I have EVER heard. Being out of town at the same time that a victim was also out of town (kidnapped), is more suspicious than anything. The reporter dropped the ball big time when he didn't immediately ask him where he was. Funny how CG didn't offer up THAT information, though.

.BBM
Why would any of us send a message to someone? Not saying, nor suggesting, that any of us would kidnap or torture another human being, but, what would push your buttons hard enough, to make you want to confront, humiliate, or scare, another human being, to send a message them?

People have different tolerance levels, I guess. My buttons would be the same as yours, even then I can't picture myself spending 22 days torturing and beating someone..unless they hurt my child in the worst possible way and justice failed. I doubt that is helpful, jmo

I never thought it was possible for me begin to lose interest in such a bizarre case so soon but that is how I am feeling. Partly because I feel like LE knows much more and would prefer the hoopla to die down before any more announcements are made. Not sure why I think that, except that it is hard for me to believe that after close to four weeks since she was found, they have not made progress in anything, motive at the very least. Maybe the motive is less than flattering to the family. I.e and they are reluctant to "turn" public sympathy, I don't know. But sometimes I find it probable that we have heard all we will hear and if that is true, it is weird beyond belief.
Jmo

I tend to agree with you. All indications are that no information will be forthcoming. I also had the sense that Lake16 was attempting not so much to leave "breadcrumbs" as to do a little victim and victim's family PR.

Apparently this is one of those cases which is none of our business; though one sleuth here, don't remember who, has a signature saying something to the affect that if we could mind our own business we wouldn't be here.

Agree.

So imo.

This eliminates sex trafficking theories.

Plus personal robbery theories.

Plus gang initiation theories.

Plus a simple random abduction theory for the sake of boredom.

Jmo.

So if this was for sex trafficking purposes; Then why not warn others of the ruse used.

Plus if this was a sole robbery; Then why keep her for 22 days while knowing that she was jogging with no money in pocket.

Plus if this was a gang initiation; Then why do all of this driving to be inducted into a local gang?

Etc etc.

Because gangs do travel, and committing a crime like that in their own community would be dumb. Do you really think they are going to kidnap and hold a woman for three weeks, and worry about a two hour drive and $10 of gas?

.BBM

I meant the message burned into her skin in that post, just for clarity

It's the lamest attempt at an alibi I have EVER heard. Being out of town at the same time that a victim was also out of town (kidnapped), is more suspicious than anything. The reporter dropped the ball big time when he didn't immediately ask him where he was. Funny how CG didn't offer up THAT information, though.

I completely agree that it came across as an alibi that raised more questions than it answered. I guess my follow-up question would be: What do you think was his reason for thinking he needed some kind of alibi--or at least something that walked, talked, and quacked like an alibi?

FYI, this thread will be closing in about 10 minutes.

Tricia

I meant the message burned into her skin in that post, just for clarity
*In before the lock*

That title jumped out at me too! Say what. I thought it wasn't revealed how SP was branded. Was the message burned into her skin? If so that is just horrific! :( Would explain the part where KP says he could feel the scabs on her body, or something along those lines!

People have different tolerance levels, I guess. My buttons would be the same as yours, even then I can't picture myself spending 22 days torturing and beating someone..unless they hurt my child in the worst possible way and justice failed. I doubt that is helpful, jmo

I can't really see SP hurting someone's child or pet.

If this is the case, wouldn't LE know based on electronics, and have names, addresses etc? If so, why keep this info close to the vest?

I think that they do have all of those things. They most likely pulled them off of SP's phone early on. They might not have enough evidence that he was involved s keeping it close to the vest so as not to alert him.

My question is: Why, on entering this national stage, which we all kind of think would be very important to him, is the first thing Mr. Gamble wants to get across is that he was out of town at least eleven of the days between November 2 and November 24? Why is it important for him to open with this claim, or even to state it at all?

Even better, just reach out and ask him directly. Surely he has an email address and can be reached. Why guess or speculate, just ask. The worst that will happen is he won't answer you, but then again he may surprise you and answer.

Here’s a question I just can’t shake from my mind. I have no idea what the answer is.

On December 5, Cameron Gamble gets what I think (not positive) is his first air time on a national news show on television. It’s on MSNBC, with Chris Jansing. Here is how the interview begins:

Jansing: Tell us, first of all, how you got involved in this case.
Gamble: Yeah, I would … uh, actually I was out of town for most of the time while Sherri was, uh, in captivity.

He then goes on to talk about how a mutual friend of his and the Ps approached him.

Link here: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/wat...is-role-in-california-kidnapping-825005635932

I've watched this several times but an idea occurred to me on why, when the reporter asks "how did you get involved?" CG first starts to say "I was out of town..."
If you listen carefully he stumbles over his words. Right after he says "I was out of town" it sounds like he starts to say say "at" but quickly changes and says "most of the time". "I was out of town. at. most of the time..."

What if: CG was somewhere out of town visiting the anonymous donor or whoever the unknown 3rd party was that would connect him with the Papini's and the AD? Maybe it's as simple as CG starts to explain "I was out of town at..." and was going to say who he was visiting or where he was but he realizes as he is saying this that if he says where he was it could reveal the identity of the AD or the person who connected him with the AD. SO CG switches gears and vaguely says he was brought in by "an individual who knew me in the community for speaking on human trafficking"--He used "she" to describe this person so I assume he may be talking about LJ, the only connecting person between CG and the Papini's that we have been allowed to know the identity of so far. Could this be why his answer doesn't make sense and he appears to be lying? He IS hiding the identity of other players in this case.

While I am starting to think this was a targeted abduction, and the perps knew of SP.

My money's still on #1 or #10. Either way. Sherri is alive.

I believe she is with someone (from out of state) from her past that she knows personally.

I think her husband (and likely other family members) know of this person and are also aware it is him/her that she is with.

My thoughts from when I first read up on this case, though I would use the word "planned" instead of targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox