Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wonder the names under the female name in her contact list also?

Same, but I am not sure if this info was given by the VI here or from elsewhere. It's hard to keep track. I don't keep notes on cases like some people do, and I am really wishing I did! I would love to compile lists of info from LE / info from VI at WS / info from MSM / info from KP and family / info from VIs elsewhere (which I of course wouldn't post here if not allowed).

I wonder how easy it is to move large sums of money around in a case like this without LE being aware of it?

I think they'd need a warrant to look at people's bank transactions.

How is it known SP was out for a jog the morning she disappeared? Did neighbors see her jogging that morning?

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...nears-phones-been-ringing-off-hook/795090001/

Officials have said Keith Papini passed a lie-detector test they gave to see whether he had anything to do with her disappearance. They say he told them Sherri Papini had gone jogging near her Mountain Gate home before she disappeared, and she later told investigators the women abducted her in a dark SUV.

BBM

I found the answer to my own question. It appears that LE is simply parroting back what KP told them about SP jogging when she disappeared. We don't know if SP was out jogging that day at all. KP doesn't know if she was out jogging that day. He just found her phone near the mailboxes.

This seems to be what people are assuming but can anyone quote a LE source that tells the story as if all those events happened in one day? Here is where the detective discussed the bathroom incident and later on he goes on to describe the day she was released:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

We learned about all this info at the same time so I think people are combining two events/two new pieces of info as if they all happened in one day, but I don't see anything that says that from LE.

I didn't get the impression they all happened in one day. I got the impression that the alleged fight happened days or even a week or two before her alleged release, but you are right, we don't have evidence either way.

I agree, we don't yet know when in the timeline she slammed the captor's head into the toilet. I have tried to find out, with no luck.
One reason I was wondering is because the cut to her foot she reports was not seen by LE, BUT if that happened early on in the timeline, I think it may have had enough time to heal by the time she was released.

BBM

Just a small correction here. Sgt. Jackson states the cuts on her foot were not seen by hospital staff in a review of the pictures. Might not be a big deal but just in case.

What's everyone's opinion on how LE only found DNA from one male and one female on SP, but her claim is that she was abducted by two females?

did they say one male and only one female DNA was found?

Is the release of info that SP will receive a portion of the money from AD another release from LE? They said they might be releasing more info.
When was this determined?
And this is a reward because she survived?

We don't know when that supposedly happened during the 22 days, do we?

Then how do we know she kept her head down in their presence? Not being smart, but these are both things that SP has stated, through secondary people.

I think they'd need a warrant to look at people's bank transactions.

Probably so, but certain transactions are going to throw up red flags all over the place. You can't just withdraw that kind of money. Maybe he kept in a vault, in his own home. LE, if they were looking at someone who said they were provided with that kind of money from an anon donor, had reason to suspect they were involved, could try to trace the money. Maybe there was never really any money to trace though. It never made it out of the bank.

did they say one male and only one female DNA was found?

Yes.

Sherri Papini had both male and female DNA on her when she was found 22 days after allegedly being kidnapped last November while jogging near her Redding, California, home, police tell PEOPLE.

The samples were uploaded into the CODIS DNA database in April or May, says Jackson, but there have thus far been no matches to known offenders. The DNA from Sherri’s husband, Keith, was not among the two profiles, authorities said.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-dna-male-alleged-abduction/

With this information from LE, can we deduct that SP is being untruthful about her claim that two women abducted her? Why or why not?

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...nears-phones-been-ringing-off-hook/795090001/

Officials have said Keith Papini passed a lie-detector test they gave to see whether he had anything to do with her disappearance. They say he told them Sherri Papini had gone jogging near her Mountain Gate home before she disappeared, and she later told investigators the women abducted her in a dark SUV.

BBM

I found the answer to my own question. It appears that LE is simply parroting back what KP told them about SP jogging when she disappeared. We don't know if SP was out jogging that day at all. KP doesn't know if she was out jogging that day. He just found her phone and her pink running jacket near the mailboxes.

We don't know it? It actually says he passed the lie detector test. If LE said it, KP said it, he passed the poly, but he doesn't know if she was jogging?
It would seem reasonable to me that if he said it and he passed the poly that it's 'likely' true.
IMO - she was jogging.

Also I can't find any reference that her jacket was found by the mailboxes?

JMO

We don't know it? It actually says he passed the lie detector test. If LE said it, KP said it, he passed the poly, but he doesn't know if she was jogging?
It would seem reasonable to me that if he said it and he passed the poly that it's 'likely' true.
IMO - she was jogging.

JMO

Do we know what questions he was asked during the polygraph? Also, even if he was asked if she was jogging, and the poly showed he was being truthful when he said yes, that could simply mean he truly believed she was jogging. But that doesn't make it a fact IMO. He didn't see her jogging with his own two eyes.

Then how do we know she kept her head down in their presence? Not being smart, but these are both things that SP has stated, through secondary people.

Then give both pieces of info the same amount of weight in evaluating them. The "secondary people" making the statements are law enforcement officers working on the case. Why ignore parts of what LE has said and pick and choose only the parts of the story that support a certain theory? I haven't got a clue what happened here, but I'm trying not to ignore anything said by LE as everything said is part of the whole picture. JMO.

I can't find the original LE link but from the very first thread here is a copy of one of the first press releases after SP went missing (posted Nov 8, 2016):

NEWS RELEASE *Updated*

*Missing Person – Sherri Papini*

Suspicious Circumstances/At Risk

On 11/02/16, Wednesday at 1751 hours, Papini was reported missing after she was not found at home and her cell phone being discovered on the ground near the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon trail.

On 11/03/16, Thursday, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office conducted organized searches in the area of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail for Missing Person, Sherri Papini utilizing members of the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue Team. CHP air operations also assisted with an aerial search. Ground searchers conducted follow up canvasses and contacted area residences while searching for any evidence or clues associated with Sherri Papini. Good information was obtained and passed onto detectives that is assisting them putting together a timeline of Sherri’s Papini’s activities around 11/02/16. Detectives have conducted numerous interviews with Sherri Papini’s family, friends and the public. Tips and leads continue to come to the Sheriff’s Office however at this time, Sherri Papini’s whereabouts are still unknown.

Patrol deputies have continued to conduct directed enforcement operations in the area making contacts with pedestrians and motorist in an attempt to learn information about what has occurred. Patrol Deputies and detectives continue to contact 290 registrants in the area and continue to expand their area of coverage. Detectives are continuing to search for surveillance video as well as trail/game cameras from residences and stores that cover all probable routes in and out of the Sunrise Drive area.

Today, detectives are reviewing information, tips, surveillance gathered over the past two days to piece together timelines and locate information about what occurred with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office is also reviewing information from yesterday’s search to prepare for additional searches. The public is strongly urged to contact the Sheriff’s Office for tips where someone may have seen a suspicious person(s) or vehicle(s) on 11/02/16 in the area of Sunrise Drive, Old Oregon Trail and surrounding areas.

The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the multiple theories about what may have happened with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances. Be assured that the Sheriff’s Office is utilizing all available assets, investigative techniques as well as outside resources and agencies to assist as needed.

Again, the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon wearing a pink jogging top while she was on a jog/walk.

If anyone has information on Sherri Papini’s where abouts or tips they can call dispatch 24 hours a day at 530-245-6540, or at the Major Crimes Unit 530-245-6135. Tips can also be submitted at mcu@co.shasta.ca.us.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/04/16, 1030 hours

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-1&p=12921799#post12921799

Info about who saw her jogging in red. It was reported that the witnesses knew Sherri and saw her jogging wearing that outfit. We can call into question witnesses memory, as they are not always accurate, but this was what was reported. We don't have to base her going jogging only on KP's assumption she went jogging.

IMO - she was jogging.

JMO

I removed the pink jacket reference until I can find where I saw it.

I removed the pink jacket reference until I can find where I saw it.

IIRC, there were clothes found by the side of the road in the early searches but those were later discovered to be unrelated/not belonging to SP. We had media screenshots of a pink cloth on the side of the road and everything but it was unrelated to the case in the end. I don't feel like searching for it but if you look I think this is what you will find.

BBM

I found the answer to my own question. It appears that LE is simply parroting back what KP told them about SP jogging when she disappeared. We don't know if SP was out jogging that day at all. KP doesn't know if she was out jogging that day. He just found her phone near the mailboxes.
This bothered me too. If you look at the 911 call KP seems to suggest that she just starting jogging again and repeats it twice to the agent. This is before contact with any neighbors (he asks the agent if he should go knock on doors and ask but it is a "sketchy" neighborhood" and he is advised to let LE do that). Clearly he is suggesting that her jogging had something do with it prior to anyone else, only him. Also there has never been any indication SP told him that she was going jogging, the last text at 10:47 was asking if he was coming home and then the phones were off for a period of time (unpaid bill) until he got home. So how/why he suggested jogging was involved prior to any confirmation from neighbors obtained from police interviews. Why?

Yes.

Sherri Papini had both male and female DNA on her when she was found 22 days after allegedly being kidnapped last November while jogging near her Redding, California, home, police tell PEOPLE.

The samples were uploaded into the CODIS DNA database in April or May, says Jackson, but there have thus far been no matches to known offenders. The DNA from Sherri’s husband, Keith, was not among the two profiles, authorities said.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-dna-male-alleged-abduction/

With this information from LE, can we deduct that SP is being untruthful about her claim that two women abducted her? Why or why not?

Maybe they were both dressed as women? Maybe they told her they were both women? Maybe she was told to say it was 2 women? Maybe she is intentionally misleading?

This bothered me too. If you look at the 911 call KP seems to suggest that she just starting jogging again and repeats it twice to the agent. This is before contact with any neighbors (he asks the agent if he should go knock on doors and ask but it is a "sketchy" neighborhood" and he is advised to let LE do that). Clearly he is suggesting that her jogging had something do with it prior to anyone else, only him. Also there has never been any indication SP told him that she was going jogging, the last text at 10:47 was asking if he was coming home and then the phones were off for a period of time (unpaid bill) until he got home. So how/why he suggested jogging was involved prior to any confirmation from neighbors obtained from police interviews. Why?

Maybe he assumed she went jogging that day because he lived with her, spoke to her daily and knew she had started jogging again. She was training for a specific race. He is married to her and likely knew what her usual day looked like and her usual running path without needing a text message about it. JMO. What unpaid bill are you referring to?

Maybe they were both dressed as women? Maybe they told her they were both women? Maybe she was told to say it was 2 women? Maybe she is intentionally misleading?

It all seems a little far fetched to me. It's an inconsistency in her story. "You better tell police two women kidnapped you." What could the kidnappers gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu