Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another woman was kidnapped in the Bay Area, from Vallejo.
Her story also raised a lot of doubts but unlike the Panini case, the cops publicly accused her of a hoax.
The kidnapper tried to do it again and was caught.
He also had anonymously written letters to the SF press after the Vallejo police said she was bluffing, and admitted he was the perpetrator.
He got 40 years and she has a suit against the VPD.

That case would make any detective think twice about making assumptions of weird kidnappings.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...ted-Gone-Girl-abductee-boyfriend-engaged.html

That's true. But there were definitely interesting factors if you read up on the Vallejo case, in terms of why the case was handled poorly and initially treated as a hoax.

Aside from that, some things are pretty much like what one might assume of a such a crime: the male perp took the woman, left the boyfriend. He raped DH repeatedly (even filmed it) - strong sexual motivation for the abduction. She was only held for two days (any longer and the victim's chances of being killed usually rise). Perp himself emailed LE and media, saying when he would release her, he also protested how DH was being treated by LE (which may have been a factor leading to his arrest) after she was freed. He clearly had a narcissistic personality or a need to outwit/lambast LE efforts.

We now know Sherri was planning to meet up with another man, not her husband. We also know that male DNA was found on her clothing and the police released this fact. Which calls into question her account of only two women. She also claims she was not sexually assaulted, which is unusual when a possible male perp is involved. It pretty much rules out the sex trafficking idea too. Nor does she apparently have any idea why two latina women would kidnap her in the first place. Then again, perhaps she knows full well what happened and why and she's just not telling LE the truth .

I have no doubt this is why the Redding police are being very careful/cagey in how they make public comments about the Papini case. They don't want to open themselves up to a lawsuit. They may have a view of the alleged crime which differs from what they are saying to the public, but may not have enough proof to press charges. In any case, it's always stood out to me that they never seemed to be concerned for the safety of the public or Sherri (once she was returned), even though two alleged armed violent kidnappers were still on the loose.

This case is why I had to take a break from WS for several months. Mods were shutting down any discussion of SP doubt and it was frustrating. So happy to see it's being revisited and discussed freely so far.

I have followed this case since day 1. Here and elsewhere. I never once commented because I believe 10000% this is a hoax, by her, and I knew I was not allowed to discuss it. I wont say anymore...but Im on the same page as you. Will just continue to read though...

It's been mentioned before that she may have been threatened, and is staying there because she Has to. Maybe the alleged kidnappers said they'd kill her family if she ran - or something like that.

Tangent: I originally thought that she was a narcissist who maybe thought she'd get the media fawning over her upon her 'miraculous' return - but she is getting the opposite of that, and as far as I can see she did not make efforts to become well-known/famous. From the moment she got to the hospital she shut down, and her world has become tiny since coming back. She hardly leaves her house. What a godawful life she has now. I Never thought I'd say this - but I feel sorry for her. The life she is living now is punishment enough imo. It's not money/restitution - but it is awful. She either has crazy people who she'd be terrified of, or she is terrified of being found out as a liar. Either way it's an awful way to have to live - not just for her, but for her kids and entire family. (Tangent over ;)).

Right, but does it make a difference? He said he saw her in movement toward the mailboxes. she was either walking or jogging. It doesn't matter. She was seen.

One has to be in some type of movement to get to a community mail box Doesn't really have to be a training run/jog. The 9am and 2pm sightings..different events..at least imo

Been thinking about the 20+days of bag on head to account for not being able to*see captors, in all that time. My imagination is tasked. So was she fed at all..

That's true. But there were definitely interesting factors if you read up on the Vallejo case, in terms of why the case was handled poorly and initially treated as a hoax.

Aside from that, some things are pretty much like what one might assume of a such a crime: the male perp took the woman, left the boyfriend. He raped DH repeatedly (even filmed it) - strong sexual motivation for the abduction. She was only held for two days (any longer and the victim's chances of being killed usually rise). Perp himself emailed LE and media, saying when he would release her, he also protested how DH was being treated by LE (which may have been a factor leading to his arrest) after she was freed. He clearly had a narcissistic personality or a need to outwit/lambast LE efforts.

We now know Sherri was planning to meet up with another man, not her husband. We also know that male DNA was found on her clothing and the police released this fact. Which calls into question her account of only two women. She also claims she was not sexually assaulted, which is unusual when a possible male perp is involved. It pretty much rules out the sex trafficking idea too. Nor does she apparently have any idea why two latina women would kidnap her in the first place. Then again, perhaps she knows full well what happened and why and she's just not telling LE the truth .

I have no doubt this is why the Redding police are being very careful/cagey in how they make public comments about the Papini case. They don't want to open themselves up to a lawsuit. They may have a view of the alleged crime which differs from what they are saying to the public, but may not have enough proof to press charges. In any case, it's always stood out to me that they never seemed to be concerned for the safety of the public or Sherri (once she was returned), even though two alleged armed violent kidnappers were still on the loose.

The going back and living at the same home gets me! I would be so afraid my kidnappers would come back for me or worse, come for my children! Apparently KP isn't concerned about this either. Their home and address was all over the news!

I was burglarized one night while I was out.....never slept in that apartment again (just sayin’)

Been thinking about the 20+days of bag on head to account for not being able to*see captors, in all that time. My imagination is tasked. So was she fed at all..
Maybe through a straw. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The going back and living at the same home gets me! I would be so afraid my kidnappers would come back for me or worse, come for my children! Apparently KP isn't concerned about this either. Their home and address was all over the news!

I think what gets me is that they have now purchased the home from family, so they have to stay. That tells me that SP and KP don’t think it will happen again, for whatever reason that may be. Nor do they seem to be concerned about a copycat who knows their address.

I was burglarized one night while I was out.....never slept in that apartment again (just sayin’)

I hear you! I came home one afternoon with our young daughter to find that our home in the country had been thoroughly ransacked and many things, from crockpot to stereo system to antique silver had been stolen. We really didn’t have much choice, since we owned our home, so we stayed. But if I had been living there alone, at the end of a long driveway, no way. Some years later, when we felt more threatened, both individually and as a family, we did sell and leave. So SP must have felt secure enough for them to buy the house in a “sketchy” neighborhood and be alone most of the day in an area with RSO’s and a community who doubts her story. Even without having been “abducted” that seems odd.

I think what gets me is that they have now purchased the home from family, so they have to stay. That tells me that SP and KP don’t think it will happen again, for whatever reason that may be. Nor do they seem to be concerned about a copycat who knows their address.

I hear you! I came home one afternoon with our young daughter to find that our home in the country had been thoroughly ransacked and many things, from crockpot to stereo system to antique silver had been stolen. We really didn’t have much choice, since we owned our home, so we stayed. But if I had been living there alone, at the end of a long driveway, no way. Some years later, when we felt more threatened, both individually and as a family, we did sell and leave. So SP must have felt secure enough for them to buy the house in a “sketchy” neighborhood and be alone most of the day in an area with RSO’s and a community who doubts her story. Even without having been “abducted” that seems odd.

Is there absolute proof that they have bought that house? Or is that just one of the things that we think we know?

Is there absolute proof that they have bought that house? Or is that just one of the things that we think we know?

A member who had access to a county database said early on when the thread first reopened that they were now listed as the owners of the house when previously the house was under his mother's name. I went looking for the post and couldn't find it so perhaps it was deleted.

Mods, if this isn't allowed please delete.

A member who had access to a county database said early on when the thread first reopened that they were now listed as the owners of the house when previously the house was under his mother's name. I went looking for the post and couldn't find it so perhaps it was deleted.

I’m not the person you’re referring to but I did see in public records that KPs mom made a property transfer to her trust the exact time that the daily mail reported that KP and SP bought the home. So I think she just put the house in the name of her trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not the person you’re referring to but I did see in public records that KPs mom made a property transfer to her trust the exact time that the daily mail reported that KP and SP bought the home. So I think she just put the house in the name of her trust.

What does that mean? I guess my question is, is the house mortgaged? If so, to whom? Do KP and SP have the ability to sell it if they wanted to? Is there equity in the home or is the owner upside-down on it?

[bbm]

omg I just had a thought - if she had sex with a man, she would not want them to do a rape kit because they would find his semen/dna

I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes

[bbm]

how do you know she hardly leaves her house? she may be doing just fine and not even thinking about the consequences of her actions ... I doubt she's terrified of anything IMO

It's been mentioned before that she may have been threatened, and is staying there because she Has to. Maybe the alleged kidnappers said they'd kill her family if she ran - or something like that.

Tangent: I originally thought that she was a narcissist who maybe thought she'd get the media fawning over her upon her 'miraculous' return - but she is getting the opposite of that, and as far as I can see she did not make efforts to become well-known/famous. From the moment she got to the hospital she shut down, and her world has become tiny since coming back. She hardly leaves her house. What a godawful life she has now. I Never thought I'd say this - but I feel sorry for her. The life she is living now is punishment enough imo. It's not money/restitution - but it is awful. She either has crazy people who she'd be terrified of, or she is terrified of being found out as a liar. Either way it's an awful way to have to live - not just for her, but for her kids and entire family. (Tangent over ;)).

If a hoax, What if the motive for this whole thing was to create a traumatic event so SP could qualify for Disability?

What does that mean? I guess my question is, is the house mortgaged? If so, to whom? Do KP and SP have the ability to sell it if they wanted to? Is there equity in the home or is the owner upside-down on it?

FWIW, here’s what the Daily Mail said...(not exactly proof of anything)...info provided by her fil, who used to own the home.

Since returning to her $128,000 family home in Shasta Lake, California, Papini has lived a reclusive existence, with father-in-law Kenneth, 63, saying she is now battling to pick up the pieces of her life.

Until recently, the house, which has a yard scattered with children's toys and several clapped-out cars parked behind it, belonged to Kenneth and Kathleen but in April 2017, the couple bought it outright – paying just over $128,000 for the property.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718540/Kidnapping-victim-Sherri-Papini-lives-recluse.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike