Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a victim's assistance fund one can claim from as well? Up to $30,000.

Purely speculation, but it's possible SP and KP did see potential in monetizing the ordeal during/after the incident occurred once it hit the national stage. However, since the public skepticism has been quite high, not embracing their account of the 'Thanksgiving miracle' perhaps they just want to move on with their lives now and would prefer everybody just forget about it instead.

Despite the two alleged violent latina kidnappers and torturers still being at large, of course.

From what I understand, they did, for a short time at least, hire a PR person to represent them: Nicole Wool.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

Nicole Wool, a Los Angeles public relations professional who had issued a statement to the press earlier this year on behalf of Papini’s family, didn’t respond to an emailed request for comment from The Bee.

Whether she is still being retained in some fashion, who knows?

I don't think so. Disability doesn't pay that well, certainly not as well as her .

Incorrect. I know someone personally who is on disability. They collect $1,100 per month, every month, for the rest of their lives. It's tax-free and it doesn't expire. Plus, if you have ever worked before and paid into the Social Security system, as we know SP has, then you're in the type of disability known as SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance). SSDI allows you to earn additional income without it affecting your SSDI benefits, so she could do her online business and still get the $1,100 per month.

Incorrect. I know someone personally who is on disability. They collect $1,100 per month, every month, for the rest of their lives. It's tax-free and it doesn't expire. Plus, if you have ever worked before and paid into the Social Security system, as we know SP has, then you're in the type of disability known as SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance). SSDI allows you to earn additional income without it affecting your SSDI benefits, so she could do her online business and still get the $1,100 per month.

I'm familiar with how it works. How much did she get for her ? How many years worth of disability was that? IMO maybe possibly qualifying to earn 12k/year wouldn't be enough motivation to go through this. 50k? Yes.

And consider:
Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Redding, California is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Redding, California is more expensive.

Redding, California cost of living is 109.10.
http://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_living/city/california/redding

FWIW, here’s what the Daily Mail said...(not exactly proof of anything)...info provided by her fil, who used to own the home.

Since returning to her $128,000 family home in Shasta Lake, California, Papini has lived a reclusive existence, with father-in-law Kenneth, 63, saying she is now battling to pick up the pieces of her life.

Until recently, the house, which has a yard scattered with children's toys and several clapped-out cars parked behind it, belonged to Kenneth and Kathleen but in April 2017, the couple bought it outright – paying just over $128,000 for the property.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718540/Kidnapping-victim-Sherri-Papini-lives-recluse.html

Of course my first question is where did they get the money to buy the house outright? No mortgage just cash.

I don’t think that is totally accurate. I was on disability for many years and still do not receive close to the amount you quoted. It depends on how long someone worked and contributed. And had I worked at the same time as receiving disability, there was a limit on how many hours I could work, or how much money earned. If you can work over a certain number of hours, social security believes you can return to employment.

Is there absolute proof that they have bought that house? Or is that just one of the things that we think we know?

"Until recently, the house, which has a yard scattered with children's toys and several clapped-out cars parked behind it, belonged to Kenneth and Kathleen but in April 2017, the couple bought it outright – paying just over $128,000 for the property."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...herri-Papini-lives-recluse.html#ixzz50FP755vm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[bbm]

omg I just had a thought - if she had sex with a man, she would not want them to do a rape kit because they would find his semen/dna

I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes

Yes.:eek:hwow: This is what I think too. Would explain a LOT.

[bbm]

how do you know she hardly leaves her house? she may be doing just fine and not even thinking about the consequences of her actions ... I doubt she's terrified of anything IMO
I think she never thought it would blow up this big, and now she's too embarrassed to show her face.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Of course my first question is where did they get the money to buy the house outright? No mortgage just cash.

IF it’s accurate that they bought the house with cash, did they get any from the funds raised on SP’s behalf?

"Until recently, the house, which has a yard scattered with children's toys and several clapped-out cars parked behind it, belonged to Kenneth and Kathleen but in April 2017, the couple bought it outright – paying just over $128,000 for the property."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...herri-Papini-lives-recluse.html#ixzz50FP755vm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I quoted this Daily Mail story saying they bought the house outright too, but upthread someone indicated that records showed that the house had been transferred to a trust or something, so the DM could be wrong.

I don’t think SP did it for money or fame. I think she did it to cover up her own indiscretions or as some sort of payback to KP and he went to the news with it instead of just saying, “oh, she’s pissed and running off for a few days.”

I watched a show on Reelz last night about Susan Smith. There was a quote by LE that I thought applied to SP's case too. "Until you prove it wrong, you have to accept it." I think that is really the position that LE in SP's case is in right now.

I'm familiar with how it works. How much did she get for her ? How many years worth of disability was that? IMO maybe possibly qualifying to earn 12k/year wouldn't be enough motivation to go through this. 50k? Yes.

And consider:

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_living/city/california/redding

Sure it would. She lost her job and now that she isn't working, maybe she would like to stay home with the kids permanently. Collecting disability could be the difference between affording to stay home versus being forced to go back to work.

The 12k equals the in a little over 4 years. Then she has maybe another 50 years of life expectancy x 12k.

Plus she might not have planned on someone doing a in the first place. That might not have been part of any alleged plot if she was the only one doing the plotting.

I would be very surprised, and frankly disappointed with the government, if all it took to collect $1,000 (tax free) per month for the rest of your life, is a broken nose, a brand, and bruises and cuts. JMO.

I would be very surprised, and frankly disappointed with the government, if all it took to collect $1,000 (tax free) per month for the rest of your life, is a broken nose, a brand, and bruises and cuts. JMO.

The disability would be for the mental aspect of it, not the physical. She could allege PTSD, trouble being in social situations, inability to concentrate, etc.

The person I know who is on disability is for a mental disorder. There is nothing wrong with her physically.

Sure it would. She lost her job and now that she isn't working, maybe she would like to stay home with the kids permanently. Collecting disability could be the difference between affording to stay home versus being forced to go back to work.

SABBM

Is there a MSM source for this statement? She worked for AT&T as a sales rep IIRC. Having worked as a corporate paralegal for a major telecom for 20+ years I have a hard time believing they fired her, and am wondering if she quit her job when she returned. IMO she'd sure have a case for wrongful termination if they fired her. Perhaps she was laid off in a staffing cutback?

Just wondering what the actual facts are behind this statement.

TIA :seeya:

SABBM

Is there a MSM source for this statement? She worked for AT&T as a sales rep IIRC. Having worked as a corporate paralegal for a major telecom for 20+ years I have a hard time believing they fired her, and am wondering if she quit her job when she returned. IMO she'd sure have a case for wrongful termination if they fired her. Perhaps she was laid off in a staffing cutback?

Just wondering what the actual facts are behind this statement.

TIA :seeya:

I don't know if this is allowed to discuss or not. If not, admins please delete. Reddit had an Ask Me Anything with someone who was a verified retailer who SP served as a vendor. The Redditor said that AT&T did away with the corporate Sales position and replaced it with some third party vendor to serve that function for them. This apparently occurred sometime around the end of 2015. So she wasn't fired; her job was eliminated. And it occurred prior to the disappearance, not after it.

Hmmm....wasn't KP riding around in his brand new truck shortly after SP's return? Not sure if it was said whether or not it was paid for outright. I feel sorry for those kids. Strange environment. JMO

None of the money was returned and I read they got money from the victims assistance fund, too, so maybe her mom said "No more living for free in my house since you can afford to buy it. " If her mom knows or suspects that it was a hoax, good for her. I'll bet Sherri was surprised, but what choice would she have if her mother said, I'll sell it if you don't buy it.

None of the money was returned and I read they got money from the victims assistance fund, too, so maybe her mom said "No more living for free in my house since you can afford to buy it. " If her mom knows or suspects that it was a hoax, good for her. I'll bet Sherri was surprised, but what choice would she have if her mother said, I'll sell it if you don't buy it.

I believe the house belonged to Keith’s family. However, the rest of your post could certainly apply if it’s true that they bought it, as stated in the Daily Mail. There is also information upthread that the house was transferred to a family trust, I believe. So we don’t know for sure that money changed hands.

I believe the house belonged to Keith’s family. However, the rest of your post could certainly apply if it’s true that they bought it, as stated in the Daily Mail. There is also information upthread that the house was transferred to a family trust, I believe. So we don’t know for sure that money changed hands.[/QUO

Interesting.....Transferring the house to a family trust could be for a number of reasons, but it sounds like something you might do if you feared a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500