Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to say, daycare can be incredibly expensive. I don't personally feel like they had a ton of disposable income so why they utilized this type of service when mom wasn't working...I don't know.

However, based on income you can qualify for assistance with childcare so perhaps that played a role.

From a financial standpoint, I never understood this because common sense would dictate that in a situation where income was meager and one parent didn't work - the kids would simply stay at home.

But again, you can qualify for varying levels of assistance with this.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a hard time assuming that the family income was "meager" and combined with the family's fixed expense's would therefore make daycare unaffordable.

I'd like to know the numbers before casting stones about this family's choices in utilizing daycare. JMO

I apologize for bringing it up again. So sorry.
Not able to delete my offensive post..
Please scroll and roll instead.
Nothing offensive. No need to apologize. We discuss and rediscuss, it’s what we do.

I’m local to Redding. The situation with Sherri and her family is that her husband’s mother was subsidizing their family finances. This is fairly common here and it maybe many places.

Redding has little in the way of real industry that pays “middle class wages”. Most jobs are service sector with few opportunities for advancement. Kids with any ambition take off for the Bay Area or elsewhere. To keep kids from leaving (and maintain access to grandchildren) parents often “ help them out”.

Sherri’s mother-in-Law is in a long term relationship with a guy who is very well off. She is the reason that Sherri didn’t work and was able to put her kids in daycare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put my kids in daycare for the socialization.We lived in the country with no neighbors. I didn't send them everyday nor for long hours, but it was really good for them. They played with others, did arts and crafts, learned to take turn, etc. So, I can see SP sending her little ones to daycare.

My background is in early childhood education. It is not unusual nor inappropriate for children to attend preschool to get ready for kindergarten and for socializing and to learn basic classroom rules. Many kindergarten children are expected to know more to enter kindergarten than they used to, and preschool is the place to do it.
PS moms need breaks too

Thanks for your reply.

I have a hard time assuming that the family income was "meager" and combined with the family's fixed expense's would therefore make daycare unaffordable.

I'd like to know the numbers before casting stones about this family's choices in utilizing daycare. JMO
I'm not looking to judge or criticize but based on everything I've come across so far in this story, it seems apparent they were not wealthy people.

Keith worked at Best Buy; Sheri did not work. They lived in a house that was owned by the family. And now the mention that Sheri's mom's wealthy new beau is footing the bill for daycare...none of this really suggests this was a high income household.

I feel it's a very valid question for a proclaimed Supermom who doesn't work with money tight to add u necessary financial burden on the family.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

We have no idea what, if anything, she paid for the daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m local to Redding. The situation with Sherri and her family is that her husband’s mother was subsidizing their family finances. This is fairly common here and it maybe many places.

Redding has little in the way of real industry that pays “middle class wages”. Most jobs are service sector with few opportunities for advancement. Kids with any ambition take off for the Bay Area or elsewhere. To keep kids from leaving (and maintain access to grandchildren) parents often “ help them out”.

Sherri’s mother-in-Law is in a long term relationship with a guy who is very well off. She is the reason that Sherri didn’t work and was able to put her kids in daycare.

Based on her now deleted LinkedIn (and other sources I genuinely don’t remember), didn’t SP used to work at ATT before she was laid off in 2015 or 2016? I don’t think she was always a SAHM so this seems a little misleading.

Gonna go out on a limb here - she ran off with some boytoy, had a change of heart, and came home for Thanksgiving.

Then she concocted a rather racist story of being abducted by two Hispanic women.

Gonna go out on a limb here - she ran off with some boytoy, had a change of heart, and came home for Thanksgiving.

Then she concocted a rather racist story of being abducted by two Hispanic women.

I think many of us think this could def be what happened. Not a limb at all IMO!

You're not on that limb by yourself. Maybe she and the boyfriend saw all the news networks covering her disappearance, boyfriend didn't want to be involved and split and she had to come up with a story that would allow her to come back home. JMO

You're not on that limb by yourself. Maybe she and the boyfriend saw all the news networks covering her disappearance, boyfriend didn't want to be involved and split and she had to come up with a story that would allow her to come back home. JMO

RSBM

Bingo.

The only proof we have of her being beaten and branded is KP.
Pat Brown (criminal profiler) has an interesting take on this case.
And she is refreshingly blunt and makes a point about KP's interviews.
:moo:

RSBM

Bingo.

I don't always agree with Pat Brown, but in this case I think she is right on.

RSBM

Bingo.

IMO it doesn’t take pat brown to see the issues in KPs interviews.

I'm not looking to judge or criticize but based on everything I've come across so far in this story, it seems apparent they were not wealthy people.

Keith worked at Best Buy; Sheri did not work. They lived in a house that was owned by the family. And now the mention that Sheri's mom's wealthy new beau is footing the bill for daycare...none of this really suggests this was a high income household.

It is Sherri’s mother-in-Law, her husband’s mother, who has a wealthy boyfriend.

Based on her now deleted LinkedIn (and other sources I genuinely don’t remember), didn’t SP used to work at ATT before she was laid off in 2015 or 2016? I don’t think she was always a SAHM so this seems a little misleading.

Corporate rep for AT&T who went around to visit retailers. Probably made close to double what KP does. Job eliminated around the end of 2015.

I don’t either.
I guess it is a murky area.
Pre-school several days a week for several hours a day seems different than what I would call daycare, but it seems to be totally an individual perspective.
And to be fair, we have no idea what child care arrangements this family had/has. I was only mentioning it from my own perspective, which is not at all intended as a criticism on anyone’s individual choices.

Always found it strange that she would be "running" at 2:00 PM (the stated time of disappearance) when that would normally be a time to be picking up the kids, unless in extended daycare, but why would they need that since she was a SAHM?

Always found it strange that she would be "running" at 2:00 PM (the stated time of disappearance) when that would normally be a time to be picking up the kids, unless in extended daycare, but why would they need that since she was a SAHM?

KP stated that she usually picked up the kids around 4:30 or so. Not sure how you arrived at a conclusion that 2 pm is the "normal" time to pick up kids from a daycare. Most daycares are open from early in the morning til 5 or 6. We really don't know what arrangement the P's had with their daycare in terms of number of days/hours per week that they paid for.

KP stated that she usually picked up the kids around 4:30 or so. Not sure how you arrived at a conclusion that 2 pm is the "normal" time to pick up kids from a daycare. Most daycares are open from early in the morning til 5 or 6. We really don't know what arrangement the P's had with their daycare in terms of number of days/hours per week that they paid for.

The Shasta community college website shows that their daycare services run until 2:00 pm.

http://www.shastacollege.edu/Academic Affairs/SPECS/ECE/Documents/Parent Handbook 2017-2018.pdf

This is where RR3 said the kids went to daycare.

Not OP, but I assume this is where 2pm comes from. Either RR3 is mistaken in where the kids attended daycare, or KP has no idea what time his wife picks up the kids. My only issue with the preschool closing at 2 is that I know for a fact (my best friend is a preschool director) that the employees aren’t going to sit around twiddling their thumbs for three hours while they wait for mom to show up. They call the emergency contacts to pick the kids up bc the employees want to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member